September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in clear

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I put off buying this for a long time, because I thought it was something I could live without, but now it's a "must-have" staple for me!

Clear Lipglass comes in a squeeze tube, so it's a simple matter to squeeze some out into a sample jar, mix in pigment and/or shimmer(Pure Luxe's Pure Shimmers are unbeatable for this purpose) and you've got custom-made lipgloss! It can also be worn very successfully alone, if you're going "minimal," or over any lipstick to add moisture and shine.

Clear Lipglass *is* somewhat thick and sticky, but it keeps the lips looking shiny and smooth and feeling soft longer than any other lip gloss I've tried.

When this Lipglass is freshly applied, it really does give the lips a glass-like finish.

The taste is a faint, inoffensive vanilla. I wouldn't mind if the price were a bit lower, but that won't stop me from purchasing more of this high-quality extremely versatile product when/if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Dreamy

I've had the same tube for a few years, so I should probably throw it out. But I used it again recently and remember now why I like it so much and why I didn't throw it away.

For one, the tube lasts FOREVER because you only need a little amount to get that wet-lip look. Plus it's the only lipgloss I've ever had - and I am a lipgloss FIEND that has tried tons and tons of lipgloss - that provides that glassy, eye-catching wet-lip look. I actually like using it over other lipglosses when I want that glassy look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It is VERY sticky but gets the job done. I am in search of a better non sticky gloss!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

It is very sticky, but it gives the best glass/gloss effect. Lips shine like crazy. Taste horrible. If I ever run out if it (package is so big, and you need very small amount), donít believe I will but it again. I don't like tubes.
EDIT - There is no glass on the market that gives 'glass' effect lips like this one. If you like that effect, go for it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love lipglasses and this clear version is no exception
during the colder months my lips get so dry that i have to wear the mac lip moisturizer underneath lipstick and the clear lipglass on top
it is very moisturizing, longlasting and shiny and you can mix it with pigments ....i would definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by aPinkPerson

This was a good gloss - a little expensive for a plain, clear, shiny one, but nice.
I bought it on impulse because I'd read that it enhances your natural lip color by increasing circulation or something, and it was my first mac product!!!
I like the gloss, it lasts long (through an extremely long dance rehearsal)
BUT: it exploded once, and I wasted alot of it! It now has a hole at the top part and once my sister squeezed it and it got on my vanity - it's impossible to wash off anything! (including hands!!!) but I managed to get it off... A little too sticky.

overall: If you want to get a clear gloss, get something less expensive even thought this is nice. If you want lipglass, get tinted because they're more interesting

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Wow- it seems like 9 out of every 10 reviewers complained about the "stickiness" of this product... and unless I got a reformulated or bogus batch... I don't think this Clear Lipglass is all that sticky! I avoided buying this ever since I became a MAC addict for the stickiness fears alone. I finally caved and purchased it becuz I saw a great deal on ebay, and I ♥LOVE♥ the Clear Lipglass! I actually regret not buying it sooner. This lipglass makes my lips looks smooth and shiny as glass, exactly like the name implies! It lasts forever, and when it does wear off? Smooth, soft lips! How can a girl complain? I really appreciate this MAC Clear Lipglass becuz I am a gal who unfortunately suffers from numerous cosmetic allergies and constantly dry, irritated, lips. After using this product, my lips were actually in an improved state over what they were before applying. This stuff works better than a lot of lip balms I've wasted money on, and this gives a nice, glassy finish. Even if I did find this product excessively sticky- which I don't- it wouldn't be a bother to me since my hair is way too short to ever blow into my lips on a windy day. I like this formula better than some of MAC's colored Lipglasses, which I find can be a bit thick and sticky. Yes, this stuff gets kudos from me... and I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by babybehn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had a tube of this in my traincase since I was umm younger. Seriously, I know it's sticky and therefore not for everyone but I love it. Makes my lips look fabulous, no drying effect. I think the stickiness is what makes it last forever without reapplying. Just don't wear it on really windy days because you'll end up looking ridiculous with your hair stuck to your lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ironosora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If there's one sensation in the world that I despise, its sticky. I usually love MAC lipglosses so when I got this, I applied it happily...and HAD to run to the bathroom. Tissue wouldn't get it off, it just stuck dust to my lips so I had to brush my lips roughly on a towel to get this off me. I hated the feeling, I couldn't even see if it was decently shiny because I was pre-occupied by the glue I had just rubbed all over my lips. I would never buy this again, there are plenty of other clear glossy products. It was unscented, too, which disconcerted me a little bit as I'm used to the vanilla-ish MAC smell. I find this product simply not worth its value.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Shael

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too heavy and sticky on my lips