Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

first of all id DEFINTELY buy this again, after this bottle runs out im going to buy another one. After reading the rave reviews on sally's and MUA i went out to get one in hopes for it to help my acne prone, scarred, skin.

for me, this is a daily thing to use, so i use this when i wake up and before i go to bed, and sometimes in the middle of the day when i feel greasy, or after i take a shower. ive heard that is isnt the best idea to exfoliate before sun exposure? but i dont go out a lot these days cause it's the summer and im just relaxing at home. but i'll continue to use this DAILY, if i want to keep my pores unclogged for hopefully a pimple-less, scar-less future.

The texture is really smooth, with fine granules basically and it looks like sand. You don't need a lot, and i try not to use a lot cause this product is so great! I only use an amount the size of my pinky nail i guess and it works. the smell is great as well, it doesnt smell gross or chemically, but refreshing and cool like herbs.

i got this 12 days ago and i'm seeing a difference! hopefully its a permanent difference because my breakouts have reduced a fair bit and redness is gone and my scars have lightened? (or maybe its just me? it LOOKS like they have!) but i'm sad that i used more than i should have and it will now run out faster.

the price is okay, i got it at sally's for about 6 bucks, with my sally card. it's not dirt cheap, but its great value! once i use this long enough and my face starts to clear up and my mom starts to notice she'll let me stock up on this stuff! (she's been asking me if i wanted to try proactive -_- ...sad eh?)

i bought this in hope to fade my scars because thats basically the main reason why i wear so much foundation and take so long in the morning to get ready. then hopefully after this summer i wont have to apply so much foundation, because i don't wanna wear so much makeup!

btw. it has a screw off lid thats hard to put back on or take off with wet hands. but who cares it a great product.

IM SAD THAT MY SALLY'S DOESNT HAVE THE MINT JULEP MASQUE AVAILABLE.

on 7/27/2009 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the fine granules in this product. St. Ives is so rough! I feel like this is a lot more gentle on my skin.

on 7/14/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I don't know if this deep cleans or anything really, I just use it to exfoliate...and it does a good job :)
You get a lot for your money.
I would like it more if it had a flip tab opening.

on 6/27/2009 4:14:00 PM

so this isn't really a review more so a helpful comment for those Canadians out there. You can no longer purchanse this product from well.ca but you can order many Queen Helene products at http://www.aviva.ca with 8.99 shipping.. I think they ship to the U.S. as well. Just thought it would be helpful :)

on 6/19/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow, I almost forgot about this nifty scrub! I purchased this when I lived in Arizona while on a hair dye run to fix my halfway-there-bleach-blond-from-black hair episode. The lady at Sally's was completely selling my mom on this skincare system, and though my skin was close to perfect at the time, I still had a few blackheads on my nose that I'd secretly been trying to convince myself were freckles. The saleswomen immediately shoved this scrub in my hand, and I have to say, for $4 it was a bargain.
The tube is large, with plenty of the scrub in it, and is perfect for sitting in the shower. I had this for about a year, but stupidly left it when we moved to NC.
I didn't use it every day, but at least once a week, and it was perfect for refreshing my face on those hot AZ days. I really feel a strong pull to go out and purchase this again once my Aveeno scrub is running low.

on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This didn't cut it for me. I thought i tried it after trying the mint julep masque and figure that I would probably like the face scrub too. At first, I really liked it because of the small grains. It felt like a really nice massage, but then after weeks of using it, my face was a bit blotchy and my face didn't really feel clean. It would be great if you didn't have oily skin, but I do so I need something that can get rid of the junk on my skin.

this is the best exofilater ever....it smells great and when you wash it off...ur face is extremely soft...5 stars product

on 5/28/2009 8:20:00 AM

This scrub just doesn't do it for me. The grains are small, and it doesn't feel like I'm getting a good exfoliation like I do with St Ives (I actually prefer larger grains). I get this weird, 'fingernails on a chalkboard' feeling when I use this, and I swear it feels like it leaves a residue on my skin. The bottle isn't a flip-top, it's the kind that you have to screw off, which isn't very convenient in the shower. My skin doesn't look at better, in fact, it's somewhat blotchy. I will use this up on my body, but I would not buy again, even if it is only $3.

on 5/26/2009 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this after I tried the shea butter scrub, which I loved. I also use the Mint Julep shampoo as a makeup remover on my face since it's sulfate-free. This smells VERY different than the shampoo, the shampoo smells like Winterfresh Mint Gum. This smells....more herbal than mint.

Something smells off, and not totally pleasing in the scent. I got this in hopes it would tingle, and sadly for me it does not. It does ok as a scrub, it is however more harsh than the Shea Butter Scrub. I think when I finish my bottle up I will go back to the Shea. I will not purchase this again due to the off-scent. continued >>

on 5/19/2009 1:01:00 PM

I don't love the way this smells.
It reminds me of the St. Ives scrub in texture. A little grainy but very small grains, not scratchy. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but with some T-zone oiliness and the occasional breakout. This scrub stings a bit when I apply it (the Mint Julip masque did as well, for me.)

I don't think this is for me. I've been switching all my skincare products to all-natural/organic but I made an exception for this b/c it was so well-reviewed and popular (and CHEAP!) However, I don't think this will stick around. I did, however, like it better than the Pomegranate Raspberry (I think that's what it's called, not sure, I chunked it b/c it burned my face really harshly).

I've been using the alba botanica advanced scrub and mask. Like them better and they have no parabens and have a nicer ingredient list! It's worth the extra money for that, IMO.

Popular Scrubs