December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Contains bismuth oxychloride which makes me want to scratch my make-up off. Also, there is no colour that looks natural on me (NC25-NC30); there is a wide range of shades but nothing close enough to mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by bellabaluba

I started using Bare Minerals when I was about 18 years old (six years ago), and this was the first foundation I used that did not clog my pores and cause break-outs. Previously, I only used the cheap liquid foundation from L'Oréal, Maybelline etc.

I was quite content with this product, but I found out that the original one has Bismuth Oxychloride. Also it made my pores look bigger after a while. I switched over to Matte (does not containt Bismuth Oxychloride) three years ago or something. Since I have a combination skin, I thought this could work fine for my oily t-zone. But the Matte is sometimes too dry (or my skin is too dry), so that it does not sit on my skin even if I apply a lot. So I have to use a primer under the mineral foundation in order to make it sit better. The packaging is great though!

I have been buying this for several years now, and you get a lot of product for the money. I have not tried any other mineral foundations, but I do not think that I will repurchase, because I want to find a Mineral foundation that is "cleaner" with fewer ingredients. Maybe I will go back to this one if I do not find anything that is better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by comet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have loved this product for over 10 years, specifically the original and matte foundations. I use fairly light and medium together, because of my pink undertones. Unfortunately, I can no longer use this. The foundation started to break out my skin last year, and more recently decided to sit in every fine line or pore that I have. It honestly ages you, even when using only a little bit. I was really bummed out about this, especially since I had no plans on changing. I tried the ready foundation next, and that was a big no for me.

I am now using cover fx , alternating between the cream and the pressed powder foundation, and loving it. It does not settle in the way BE started to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by katmandu88

I was really excited to try the Bare Minerals line. I have some mild acne scarring/uneven skin tone and I was looking to switch from liquid foundation to a light, natural product that still gave me great coverage. I was disappointed in the level of coverage and after a couple hours my face looked shiny. After a week of use, I was breaking out. My face cleared up once I switched to another product. I think this would be a great choice for someone with a clear, even skin-tone that doesn't need much coverage and wants that light, natural look. I personally need something more substantial for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I realize this section is for all Bare minerals powders. So I will briefly review 2 different ones here.

Bare Minerals (Light)original foundation powder: I had such high hopes for this, I was entranced with all of the infomercials, and lusted after it for quite some time. I used it for about 2 years on and off, not everyday. It did not irritate my skin in any way, which is HUGE plus in my book. However, when applied it looked shiny, and that combined with my oily face turned into an oil slick in a short amount of time, maybe an hour or two. I have tried many foundations and while this one had all the makings of greatness, it failed miserably with oil control...I mean no other foundation or powder accentuated and amplified the grease/shine like this did for me.

Bare minerals (Light) Matte foundation powder: I rejoiced when this came out, I loved everything about the original except the shininess. I thought there was hope after all.But I digress, this formulation was entirely different, and not in a good way. The color range is different, almost more orange. It doesn't have a creamy quality about it like the original, it just sits on your skin and offers little blendability or coverage for that matter. Its just terrible. A good idea, but it needs some reformulation first.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

maybe i'll have to get the matte version.

the original formula may be too greasy for me.

only about 2-3 hrs of wear, my face looked like a greaseball!!!!!!

horrible.

other foundations/ powders that i used, never caused this much oil on my skin. Ie laura mercier, sheer cover

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by msexiblnd3

I used to use this product years ago and loved how natural my skin looked. It even covered up my acne scars. Well about a year ago I decided to get it again but got the matte version. That was a mistake, my skin felt oily and didnt cover anything. Im so dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Nirvei

I'm a NC30.. Reading many reviews on the net I decided to purchase "Medium beige" as have other NC30's have. However, wearing it I found out it had a pinky tinge to it. It DID match, disregarding the pinkness, when I first put it onto my face however throughout the day it oxidized and made my face darker O_O. I like the product, I'm not sure how my skin has reacted to it yet but let's see...(I am still recovering from my Missha break out). It goes on smoothly onto the skin and feels ultra soft. I love how it looks I got complimented on my skin the first day I wore it. I think I will try it again in Golden Medium. The only problem I had was the packaging itself. I'm impatient and the little sifter which disperses the product has to be shaken to get enough product. Once it's out of the tub it's not going back. =(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by GratildaKress

Meh. As much as I like foundations I found that the coverage wasn't good on this foundation and didn't really cover certain spots.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by taromo

This product does not provide good coverage at all. It settles into pores and lines and doesn't cover up any flaws. I think most drug store powders do a better job than this does. After one use I decided to take it back to the store and get a refund.