August 31, 2014 | 953 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this stuff all the time when it first came out, it was all the rave, blah blah blah. I once wore it to work when I worked at Pizza Hut and I only worked a 5 hour shift, when my boyfriend came to pick me up he asked me why I looked so shiny. When I looked in the mirror, I was a greaseball and my coverage had literally melted away and looked super patchy. Ugh. I do like this as a finishing powder over my foundation, though. As for on it's own, it's terrible when it comes to lasting power and it really doesn't have great coverage. I have skin that's on the drier side, too, and that's why I'm so shocked as to hy this doesn't last long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by stacybell3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, and I've tried it twice, but it always leaves me disappointed. The coverage is wonderful, and it looks great, but it gave me horrible break outs along my jaw line. Granted, I've broken out on my jaw line before, but I had no blemishes at all when I first started using the product. I felt like it was clogging my pores because it was too much. Foundation, then concealer, then blush, then mineral veil! Even though it is "good" for your skin, it was just too much for me. And sure enough, after about a month of use, I was broken out severely! Started on my chin and jaw line and spread. I am still fighting the breakouts from this product...I don't know what triggered it. But I really wish this worked for me. You are supposed to try a product out for at least a couple of months so your skin can get used to it, but I just couldn't stick with this product. The more I wore it to cover up breakouts, the more I broke out. Its was a bad cycle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by colorfulartistry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

While I like mineral make up, this one was not for me. At first it felt airy but it seemed as time went on, the product got heavier. It eventually was suffocating my skin and left it feeling caked, drier than usual ( I have dry skin) and emphasized areas of dryness. Not an issue I have with Physicians Formula, which feels light on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love bare minerals products! I did find that I liked the pressed version better than the loose just because I'm awful with applying loose foundations. But if that's what you like best, definitely purchase this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great idea and must be working well for someone out there but didn't work for me. A make-up artist at Sephora color-matched me & sold me on the starter kit. I gave it 2-3 weeks and even made a special visit to a local BE store to make sure I was doing it all correcly but in the end, no matter what I did to apply, it caked & flaked. Not for me but may work better on very young or very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by jackieallure

I hear a lot of people saying that they get ACNE using this.
My question is... do you clean your brushes AT LEAST 2x a week?
If not, THAT is why you have acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by turquoiseginger

If it doesn't give you acne, Bare Minerals is the absolute ish for beautiful, natural looking makeup.When I first started using this product, I LOVED it. I had few blemishes so it did a good job of evening out my skin tone. I got compliments on my glowing skin all the time.

Unfortunately, shortly after using this I began to get cystic acne which lasted for about 3 years. I continued to use the makeup to cover up the marks and to look somewhat normal, never considering that it could be the makeup that was causing the acne. One day I read about people who reported getting cystic acne when they used Bare Minerals, so I decided to tough it out and go bare faced. Lo and behold, my horrific cystic acne cleared up within a month.
It's been 9 months since I stopped using Bare Minerals, and I now rarely get acne cysts and if I do it's one or two here and there as opposed to the clusters of painful cysts that were always present.

While I do recognize that my body was experiencing hormonal changes that resulted in acne in my late 20s, I attribute the severity of my acne and the cystic acne to my use of Bare Minerals.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore the foundation in the original formula for about 4 years without knowing that was the cause of some of my cystic acne....I recently discovered that the ingredient bismuth oxychloride gives reactions to certain skin types. I am pretty sure that the matte version doesn't contain this ingredient because that is the ingredient that gives the foundation it's sheen. I really liked how it would feel on my skin because I didn't want to feel like I was wearing makeup and look too done up. This was great in that regard although it would irritate my skin at times. It would also get me oily after a couple of hours and start to become itchy towards the end of the day. I have stopped using this foundation. I really wanted it to work....the concept is great but this just didn't work for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Morgan89

I have bought this makeup in the matte and the original formula. I must say I am sorry this makeup got such bad reviews. It wears well on my combination skin and I love the well rested for under the eyes. The new formulation of the bisque concealer is a little dark for me but i can deal with it. I love the mineral veil as a finish but I was never a fan of the warmth it was too dark and orangey for my skin tone. I really do hate all of the steps but the finish is so nice and gives me a nice glow (plus my husband likes that it doesnt cover my freckles). Overall I liked this makeup and would purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by soonermitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wore this stuff for years, But only because I was too lazy to do some research and find something at worked better. Like some others have said, I wanted to love it, but just couldn't. By the end of the day (and I work in an office, not heavy labor) it had settled into the area around my nose and the chin and forehead areas just looked ghastly. Also, my skin was RARELY if EVER blemish free while using this brand. I do like the Illuminating Mineral Veil as a finishing touch. Gave my skin a pretty glow. The concealer was always too dark, even buying the lightest shade.