Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara

Price: $

on 11/30/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I state that I would buy this again, but I'm not entirely sure. But I wouldn't rule it out - so I didn't want to put "no". Like many reviewers have stated, this is a good everyday kind of mascara. It separates and lengthens, does an OK job with volume, but nothing special. This is a nice true black, but not inky black if that's what you are looking for.
The price is right for this - I got a 2 pack at Walmart for under $5. This mascara might work best in tandem with another mascara for holding curl and volumizing.

EDIT: am changing my verdict on this. this is so average and basic in every way. it does a good job of separating, but that is about it.

on 11/24/2010 6:01:00 PM

Well i love this product. it makes my eye lashes look curly and longer.ps if you want a natural look, apply only one coat.

on 11/18/2010 6:26:00 AM

I dont have a staple mascara and I am not going to choose 1 of many boutique favorites because I end up tossing them after they expire.
There is not 1 mascara I have used twice. I picked up Rimmels Extra Super Lash Mascara.
I'm impressed. My eyes are usually sensitive and this mascara doesn't bother them. My next purchase was going to be Clinique for a mall haul. I can put it off because this is gentle enough.The only cons are that it doesn't hold curl very well. The look of curled black and bold lashes is the look I always try to maintain. Curl will last 10 minutes and then the lashes become weighed down. I separate the lashes as formula quickly drys and maintains very black. Its very easy to remove. The brush is an old fashioned wand most woman still would keep in all mascaras if they were given a choice so that's a bonus.
This is a great mascara and performs really well. Will I stick with
it? I don't know yet. Would I suggest it? Yes, I would.

I think this is a fantastic mascara. It goes on smooth and clump free, doesn't smear or smudge, hardly ever flakes, and doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). Adds nice length and builds some volume, too. All with just 2 quick coats. It also makes my lashes look like they have a bit of a curl to them, and I never bother to curl my lashes. Gives me a nice, open, wide-eyed look at a wonderfully cheap price. Very nice!

on 11/11/2010 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great mascara. I bought this a while ago and loved it. Just bought it a few days ago as it was on sale for $6 ! Can't go wrong with this budget beauty tool. The brush grabs each lash and coats them in black mascara. It bIuilds beautifully and gives super length for me. Just need to use a lash comb after to comb out some of the spider web tangles. Rimmel is a great brand for the babe on a budget !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I congratulate Rimmel on such a nice budget mascara.
I bought this a while ago because I ran out of my usual mascara and I've kept coming back to this ever since. It doesn't clump your lashes together which I really like in a mascara.Makes my lashes look really defined and adds a okay amount of volume for day-to-day use.
I use this mascara every day now

Really good for the price.

on 11/7/2010 11:12:00 PM

I heard a lot of great things about this product, but i had no luck with it. I have quite thick long lashes and use mascara for an extra touch but this really didnt do much for them. It gave me more length but no volume, which isnt what id prefer. Plus because its so inexpensive. I guess i could probably use this with another mascara...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WOW! I am a bit of a mascara snob: it's the only eye make up that I wear on a daily basis, so I want it to be perfect (volumizing and lengthening) and I'm ready to splurge for the product of my dreams. That being said, my all-time favourite is YSL Effect Faux Cils, and I don't usually buy drugstore mascaras. However, I must say this one is a great buy!! For a ridiculous price you get a nice product that delivers really good length and definition (thanks to a decent wand) with a natural effect. Maybe it's just me, but I also noticed that the finish is somewhat glossy, which I like. I can't find any downside, except for the fact that it doesn't add dramatic volume, which I usually adore. It's a pity it only comes in black! A REALLY great buy for a ridiculous price (7 in Italy).

on 10/21/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is absolute junk. I was real excited to try it, too. Picked up the duo package from Walmart last night and went straight home to put it on. What a mess! First of all, the formula was very very dry (maybe old product?) I was struggling to build it up because of how dry it was. The color is also sort of charcoal and not striking at all. I put The Falsies mascara on the other eye and Falsies blew Super Lash away. The biggest problem was that it gave some volume at the base, but only because it clumped my lashes together. The tips of my lashes looked very sparse and uneven. It was easy to remove, however and it did not have an overwhelming smell. Not sure if I'll bother to try another formula of this or not. Maybe Extra Super Lash is meant to be an everyday mascara. If that's the case, I will stick to my Fiberwig.

on 10/10/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Rimmel is generally my go-to mascara because it doesn't irritate my eyes. I picked this one up because at 2.50 it's about a third of the price of my absolute HG mascara- L'Oreal Beauty Tubes. If you are lacking in the eyelash department then you might want something with more oomph than Extra Super Lash Mascara. But if you have fairly decent lashes then this stuff is great! It lengthens and thickens with no clumps or flakes, and if you get the curved wand it curls the lashes just a tad as you apply. The formula is slightly wet, so you shouldn't have to work too quickly as you apply and multiple coats won't lead to clumpy lashes. I've purchased this several times in the past and I'm sure I will again! Cheap+performance= money well spent :)

Popular Mascaras