August 30, 2014 | 1152 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! I am a bit of a mascara snob: it's the only eye make up that I wear on a daily basis, so I want it to be perfect (volumizing and lengthening) and I'm ready to splurge for the product of my dreams. That being said, my all-time favourite is YSL Effect Faux Cils, and I don't usually buy drugstore mascaras. However, I must say this one is a great buy!! For a ridiculous price you get a nice product that delivers really good length and definition (thanks to a decent wand) with a natural effect. Maybe it's just me, but I also noticed that the finish is somewhat glossy, which I like. I can't find any downside, except for the fact that it doesn't add dramatic volume, which I usually adore. It's a pity it only comes in black! A REALLY great buy for a ridiculous price (7 in Italy).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is absolute junk. I was real excited to try it, too. Picked up the duo package from Walmart last night and went straight home to put it on. What a mess! First of all, the formula was very very dry (maybe old product?) I was struggling to build it up because of how dry it was. The color is also sort of charcoal and not striking at all. I put The Falsies mascara on the other eye and Falsies blew Super Lash away. The biggest problem was that it gave some volume at the base, but only because it clumped my lashes together. The tips of my lashes looked very sparse and uneven. It was easy to remove, however and it did not have an overwhelming smell. Not sure if I'll bother to try another formula of this or not. Maybe Extra Super Lash is meant to be an everyday mascara. If that's the case, I will stick to my Fiberwig.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rimmel is generally my go-to mascara because it doesn't irritate my eyes. I picked this one up because at 2.50 it's about a third of the price of my absolute HG mascara- L'Oreal Beauty Tubes. If you are lacking in the eyelash department then you might want something with more oomph than Extra Super Lash Mascara. But if you have fairly decent lashes then this stuff is great! It lengthens and thickens with no clumps or flakes, and if you get the curved wand it curls the lashes just a tad as you apply. The formula is slightly wet, so you shouldn't have to work too quickly as you apply and multiple coats won't lead to clumpy lashes. I've purchased this several times in the past and I'm sure I will again! Cheap+performance= money well spent :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I bought this mascara solely on reviews. Found it in target for $2.98 and I didn't have any high expectations for it. Tried it today and it is definiteky worth trying. That packaging isnt anything eyecatching...it looks a little like a marker. The brush is small for precision and the formula is a little on the dry side to me. I thought for sure it would flake later in the day.... but it didnt.

It does exactly what it says on the packaging. Builds a nature to dramatic look. With each coat it added volume and no clumps which I love. I think this will be a permanent mascara in my collection and the fact that its cheap is just a perk.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by loveali

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara, but it's not great. I got this as a gift, so I'm not sure what the price is usually. It gives a little length, not a lot, but enough for a everyday look. I've found it's very watery, which isn't what I go for in a mascara. It also clumped in places on the second coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Valerie1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG mascara since I cannot get Max Factor Volume Couture anymore! I tried NYX Doll Lash and Maybelline Full and Soft and neither did it for me. But this Rimmel makes my lashes so long that they touch the top of my eyelids and I am constantly wiping off mascara. And I only need 2 coats for night drama and one coat for daytime which I never got away with before. PLEASE don't stop making this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this because I wanted to try a different mascara and it was on sale.
I should probably try the waterproof version, I may like it better, but I found that this one would hold my curl for around 3 hours, and then after that my lashes return to normal. It separates my lashes just fine, and it looks pretty good for a everyday natural look.
Definitely not smudge proof either, and sometimes when I forget I'm wearing makeup, rub my eye and it ends up all over my hands and eyes.
I would not repurchase, but then again maybe it's just me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I did not like this mascara. I have average lashes - decent length, little volume. I like my lashes to look long, defined and seperated (a little volume never hurts either). This mascara gives really minimal length...to the point where I might aswell not even be wearing mascara. As for volume - ha! What volume?! All this really does is darken and slightly seperate my lashes. Not worth it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by playful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara when it was on sale because it was so cheap i decided to try it. Now this is my go to mascara when i'm not able to buy my other mascara. I like the curved wand on it and it really does make my lashes look full and i can build on to make them look dramatic. I really like it and i would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish i can try the waterproof formula of this but i dont think they make this one anymore. I really like this formula because it lengthens and kinda give me volume. I got this at walmart in a 2pack for under $5. This is by my far my favorite Rimmel Mascara!