L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 6/4/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this mascara. I've been using it for well over 5 yrs and this has always been my go to mascara. What I love about this product is how it seems to make my lashes appear fuller and thicker. The mascara stays on all day without any smudging even through the allergy season when my eyes are the most watery. I have no problems with flaking throughout the day. It's just an all around perfect mascara. I also love the fact that it's inexpensive. Now, there is a slight issue with clumping every once in a while but when that occurs, I usually use my Mac 205 mascara fan brush to remove some of the clumps and everything is back to normal. This is a product that I would highly recommend.

on 6/2/2014 2:48:00 AM

I finally get it, after years of listening to some many people rave about this mascara I finally decided to try it and I'm SO happy I did. This mascara has a wet formula but not one that can't hold a curl or ends up clumping your lashes, but rather one that separates lashes perfectly and gives that false lash look. Although this mascara is described as one that gives major volume, I can say that it gives you major length as well. You can add all the coats you want without your lashes clumping but 2 or 3 should give you that false eye lash look. It has not smudged on me or flaked any time I've worn it and even the waterproof version is very easy to take off with a makeup wipe without tugging to hard. The price of this mascara is very reasonable, walmart usually has it for the lowest price so I would recommend going there. Point blank, this mascara deserves a lot more credit than what it gets and if you have heard good things about it they're right, cause it is really THAT good.

on 5/31/2014 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I bought this product recently while it was on sale (luckily because it's pricey for a drugstore product.) I have short, sparse eyelashes and need a volumising & lengthening mascara. This product scores pretty highly for doing both of these things - I am very happy with the result after just one application but it is a good enough formula to allow for 2 coats without clumping. It is a dryer formula so I have to work fast with application. It lasts a full work day with minimal flaking but I did notice some smudging after a few hours under my eyes.
Overall, I am very happy with this product - it really looks awesome on my lashes and I will definitely purchase again!

on 5/23/2014 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So I usually use the Double Extend mascara from L'oreal, and i've been using it for years. One time when I went to go repurchase that, I decided to try something else when the store turned out to not have any of my usual HG mascara in stock. So I picked this one up... and the first thing that sucked was the price. After that it was all downhill. This mascara is deceiving, it's really nice going on, but throughout the day it gets so smudgy. Especially if you happen to have really long eyelashes like I do, (they almost touch my eyebrows) so I ended up with these little black dots all over my eyelid, just underneath my eyebrows as well as underneath my eyes. Needless to say I looked like I hadn't slept in a month. Wtf L'oreal, you guys failed miserably with this mascara. I'll stick to my Double Extend. Thank you!

on 5/20/2014 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I was told this was a good mascara by the Priceline consultant. I paid $26 for the privilege. This is an overpriced product for a terrible quality. I went to a meeting and I looked like a racoon. The mascara consistency was lovely. However, it kept smudging. I already have dark circles under the eyes, and it made my appearance worst. The quality is not here for me.

I cleaned up the product from my eyes, throughout the day when my partner came home. He asked me what happened to my eyes. He stated they are very dark. Yes, throughout the day, it flaked, smudged and it was sticky. This occurred about four times in a day. It was high maintenance. The product was very disappointing for me. I think it was a waste of money. If possible try to sample this before buying. While many like this product, I can honesty say it was one of the worst mascara I had the misfortune of buying.

on 5/19/2014 9:40:00 PM

I think this may be the best mascara I have ever used. I'm so picky with drugstore products, and while I had heard good things about this one before trying it, I wasn't expecting much when I tried it. Boy, was I surprised! I have to say though, I feel that this gets better after a couple of weeks of use. Something about the consistency of the formula just seems to improve with time. A few coats of this and my lashes look great, and I like huge, long, fat, drag-queen kind of lashes! I love this mascara, I can't believe I waited so long to give it a try.

on 5/19/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally a favorite mascara. I have no fall out at the end of the day (my biggest problem that I thought I would never find a solution to). My eyelashes become long and dark. This mascara also allows for multiple coats without clumping!

on 5/17/2014 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this because so many YTers claim it as HG. I liked it going on. It was not amazing but did give nice dimension and blackness to my lashes. However, it smudged on me by the end of the day, which is the kiss of death for me and a mascara.

on 5/11/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my ultimate mascara. I always run back to this even when I think that I want to try something new. Nothing compares to this.

Don't get me wrong I've tried some amazing mascaras but for some reason this will always be my #1 love.
It never fails to give me long, voluminous, clump-free lashes. The best part is it doesn't flake after long wear and it doesn't make my lashes hard. Those are my biggest pet peeves when it comes to mascara.

on 5/9/2014 11:12:00 AM

I always find myself running back to Voluminous when I am out of mascara and don't have time to shop around. Its a great mascara for volume. Not necessarily length. I like to have it in my kit for clients as well because its really good at giving a full effect. It also never flakes (from my usage) and it doesn't run or smudge. I love this mascara because it's basic and a quick pick when I'm rushing to the store for a mascara.

Video Reviews & Tutorials