August 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pretebrowneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first neutral polish and I'm so glad I tried it. I'm usually a vampy/bright colored polish kinda girl....but I wanted a go to nuetral shade for those days I'm not feeling color. This is perfect. My nails look amazingly fresh and natural...like my nails only better. I may need to get a couple back ups because I never want to run out of this one

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Samoan Sand is a very sheer, glossy, pale neutral beige without any shimmer. I needed three coats for this to really show on my nails, but once it did, I loved the color. Most beiges look dirty, muddy, or yellowy on me, but not this one. I've seen so many photographs from the 60s of actresses and models, and whenever I would look at their nails, I noticed (and loved) the perfect shade of nude polish they were wearing. Well, this is it! I'm so happy to have found this :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I might buy this again if I ever ran out of it. I've been searching forever for a great, neutral nail polish that isn't too sheer. I see actresses and models on the cover of magazines with great, neutral nails and I've been looking for the right color. Most that I try are too sheer--more like a French manicure base. This one is more opaque, which I like. The color is flattering in most, but not all, lights. It's a tan/beige-ish color with a hint of peach. It's not HG, but I do like the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle

I love this color for my fingernails as it's a nice neutral color. It also looks great on my toes when I want a break from wearing red or other bright colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty shade. i use this color a lot because it does truly work in every occasion. The color looks like a soft natural beigy peach, and it makes my hands look very polished. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by rebchandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this polish! I have light-medium olive skin & this color is a perfect match. It makes your nails look clean and well-groomed. It is perfect for an office environment. I like to use it when my nails are getting a little discolored from all the dark polishes I usually wear. I give them a break by wearing this for awhile. Makes them look shiny and healthy! Good for short or long nails and everything in-between.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I chose this color for a manicure yesterday after reading all the great reviews. It is a light sandy beige neutral with a hint of peach and is pretty, but on me it's just a little too pale. It is nice for a natural look, but I prefer Sweet Heart or Bubble Bath over this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had looked pinker on the website when I ordered it. But seeing in the bottle and having the right expectation does look like a stylish neutral polish. Very natural-looking
EDIT: Have used it a few times. Sometimes looks like it has a yellowish tinge. Really not enough pink tinge

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster88

This shade is one of the best neutral polish's I have ever come across.Great for everyday wear especially where I work as I cant wear brightly colored nail polish! Love the wide brush to,one sweep and I'm done! c",)**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For years I thought I could not wear SS. I thought the color was too yellow for my light, olive toned skin. Then I saw a photo shoot in a magazine, and a model with coloring like mine, had it on her fingers and toes. It looked great, so I went to my nail salon, and had them use SS for a mani and pedi. OMG...it was gorgeous! It is the most beautiful nude shade I have put on in years. It is not completely sheer, so it makes everything look very well groomed, yet still neutral and natural. It is mostly beige/flesh-tone, with a small bit of pink in it. When the nail technician first put it on, it initially looked very yellow. It was not until the second coat was put on, and it dried, that the true color came out. Of course, I ran out immediately and purchased my own bottle of Samoan Sand. This is going to be a signature look on me for the next few months!