November 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's summer, and I've been breaking out ever since the season started. I'm EXTRA oily in the summer, and I decided to try a new cleanser to help it out. I didn't have time to go to the store, so I was looking around my bathroom, and happen upon this. I decided to give it a try..worst could happen is I'd be dry and break out even more.
Anyways, I decided to 'scratch' off a small piece with my nails, wet it in my hand, and use that to rub onto my face. It works great!! It took off my make up a lot better than the liquid one. (I reviewed that too..) And it didn't make me feel dry like the liquid one. With this one, I feel moisturize. I will continue to use this until the summer is over, and maybe continue till the cold season too..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a face cleanser.

I'd put this bar somewhere between the gentle liquid cleanser and the normal-oily liquid cleanser in terms of gentle-ness.

It does require careful rinsing, as I find it more difficult than the other Cetaphil cleansers to wash off.

Edit 5/24/11-I have begun to use this for other purposes as well. First I have been using it to wash my hands, especially in the morning when I am getting ready for the day and applying things to my face with my hands. Second I have found it to be a convenient brush cleaner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by CaptivatesYou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took a chance at Costco and bought a bunch of these and absolutely love them. I have dry sensitive skin and I have used this bar for both my face and body and it does not over dry my skin at all like other bar soaps. I also suffer from Eczema and it doesn't flair up when using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sablatt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this soap in the shower because it is messy to use a bar at the sink. On the other hand, it cleans beautifully, leaves my skin soft and doesn't dry out my skin at all. I love this, but I was disappointed to find the liquid version intolerable because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by SandyMc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this bar from time to time to remove my sunscreen and makeup. I really like this soap, I can't believe a bar soap does not dry me out, and it seems to calm my skin down, my skin is not as red since I've been using it. cheap, it's kinda messy, but I can deal with it. Really a nice product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I used to use the gel version as a cleanser, and it was terrible. It actually dried me out. This bar soap is much more moisturising and yet cleanses better. I started out on the bar soap, when my derm recommended me for some dry itch I had on my body. This worked like a dream. It was not drying out the skin, or leaving some itchy residue. I started using it on my face, after another derm confirmed I could do so. It worked out fine too. However I realised it could not control the growth of white heads under my chin (I was washing my face, so why these white heads?!) and sometimes felt a bit drying.

In conclusion, I think this is great for body skin, and can be tried on the face but do not expect miracles for facial skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Priestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is there any difference between this bar and Dove Sensitive? All I can see from the ingredients is Cetaphil bar has petrolatum and a strong masking fragrance. Just like Dove Sensitive this soap seems to over-dry the surface of my oily skin and starts to trap the oil in my pores thus aggravating my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great bar for face or body. I alternate between this and Aveeno's oatmeal bar and both do very well if you have sensitive skin or skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema. Exfoliates well and keeps skin well moisturized. A HG product for sure.

*Edit*

It doesn't work well for my face anymore. At all. After running out of my usual glycerine face bar, I used this for about a week straight until I bought some more of my regular face bars and noticed a world of difference. The Triclosan in this dries my skin out and irritates it big time with regular use. It was very tight and sore. I use this just for body now, makes my skin amazingly soft. Still HG material, I just have to use something milder and more moisturizing for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by michelle4uacats

This product washes my face without drying it up, especially during the winter months. It also takes the makeup off, but I usually have to wash twice. I have bought this more than once. I needed to buy something cheaper than the Clinique soaps for the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by maddiefish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. My dermatologist put me on some topical stuff and suggested that I use this so I wouldn't dry out my skin. It removes all of my makeup and cleans really effectively, but it doesn't strip my skin like most other cleansers. However, I don't like the fact that it has tallow in it (vegetarian), so I probably won't buy it again as it lasts a really long time.