April 17, 2014 | 1687 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by michelle4uacats

This product washes my face without drying it up, especially during the winter months. It also takes the makeup off, but I usually have to wash twice. I have bought this more than once. I needed to buy something cheaper than the Clinique soaps for the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by maddiefish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. My dermatologist put me on some topical stuff and suggested that I use this so I wouldn't dry out my skin. It removes all of my makeup and cleans really effectively, but it doesn't strip my skin like most other cleansers. However, I don't like the fact that it has tallow in it (vegetarian), so I probably won't buy it again as it lasts a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by rosemont85

This is a great gentle non-soap cleanser for the body. For my face I used to use the Cetaphil liquid for a long time but then a dermatologist told me it had propylene glycol and to instead switch to using the bar for my face. I tried it out but the bar is honestly too harsh as a facial cleanser. My skin dried out, became dull, and flaked in areas even after immediately applying Olay Complete lotion. Overall, it would be best to use the bar for your body and to use the Cetaphil liquid along with a facial brush such as a Clarisonic to enhance it's cleansing ability.
Edit: I tried it again on my face for awhile and my skin has adjusted so it is less drying than before plus, applying moisturizer right after is of course helping. I just really like how well the bar thoroughly cleans your skin while still remaining mild unlike the liquid formula which is almost too mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Emkat8

Wow is really all I have to say. I've been using this less than a week and already have noticed some dramatic improvements in my skin. I was using Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser along with a Jason's Natural Aloe Vera lotion. Well between the two, my skin was still dry and flaky in spots, and after beginning use with the Purity, it was full of pimples! I finally determined that the Purity was probably what was causing the pimples since it was the only thing I had changed recently, so I decided to purchase the Cleansing Bar along with a Cetaphil lotion as well. Well the combo of the two has done wonders. Like I said, its been less than a week but my dry patches are almost completely gone, and I have not had a single new pimple since I started using this not to mention the ones I had are now clearing up quite quickly :) YAY! I bought this at Wal-mart for $3, that is freaking cheap compared to other facial cleansers. I don't care for the smell too much, reminds me of hotel soaps..UGH. Also, with this being a bar soap I feel like it kinda makes a mess and looks ugly just sitting there on the countertop. But I can deal with it, especially considering the great results I've had :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great soap of sensitive skin. It has a faint scent which I'm not crazy about but I find that it doesn't linger on my skin. If I'm going through a crazy eczema phase on my arms and legs this does not irritate my skin at all. Its also helped clear up a few small acne patches on my back. I find the bar lasts for a long time as long as you store it in a soap dish that drains. Its too bad its so plain and boring but it leaves my skin feeling silky soft. I have also used this on my face (sensitve cheeks and oily t-zone) when I'm out of my regular facial cleanser and it does a pretty good job - my face feels really clean but not tight and dry. I guess I could try using it regularly as my facial cleanser but my skin is behaving now and I don't want it to get upset!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has become one of my staples after my Derm gave me a sample. Love it! I have dry, sensitve skin and this removes makeup, dirt, and oil without making my skin dry. I was really suprised because I had always grown up thinking that bar cleansers were a big no-no for your face. This one sure has been a lifesaver though.

Just a note-I accidentally bought this once in the "antibacterial" version. Can't even describe how much I disliked it. Not at all the same as the non-antibacterial version. I wouldn't mess with that on your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

A great everyday gentle cleanser! I'm sticking to this from now on as it works! Great for removing dirt and oil and no breakouts at all! Am on my 3rd bar now and will continue to use. I just need to find it! It's pretty hard for me to get hold of, and I need to buy online which can be a bit more expensive. Great product though, I tend to use this in the mornings and use a cleansing oil and either this or Avene cleanser for makeup removal.
HUGE bar and lasts for ages - no complaints, glad I discovered this hard worker.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would maybe by this again if I was desperate. It removes make up well, but burns my eyes. It did not seem to dry out my skin which is good and is also very cheap. Does the job, but nothing great.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by eradicatedlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so IN LOVE with this soap! I've been using it for about a week, and my skin looks and feels like a baby's behind...but it doesn't smell like one, b/c this has a fresh but mild soapy fragrance to it. it's only 3 bucks or something, so everyone should at least try it. dermatologists swear by it, and so do I. I've had my skin problems (perioral dermatitis, mild to moderate acne over the years) and this just sooths and balances like nothing else. the ingredient list is also quite short and very clean. Give this soap a shot! It may slightly dry out some people's skin if they don't moisturize, but I don't use any moisturizer and this doesn't dry out my face.

best product ever. also, great makeup remover :)

edit: oooook I've moved on to a Paula's Choice cleanser. this cetaphil bar started to lightly break me out all over my chin in little white pustules. no biggies though still very heartbreaking. I must move on. my rating will lamentably have to change now. :( overall, I think this bar is supposed to be for the body....shave your legs w/ it or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Pocketknife

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only cleanser I've used that is comfortable, cleans well and doesn't upset my Rosacea. Doesn't over dry my fragile middle aged skin!