Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 11/7/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, I must start out buy adding that I have had the most horrible skin for the past couple of years! Cystic ance and all that!!!! I have tried EVERY drugstore, and some non-d/s, cleanser. For the past year I have been doing EVERYTHING that one is supposed to do to have "normal", beautiful skin and nothing has worked. Jojoba oil was great at controling those GIGANTIC zits, but it still clogs my pores, causing whiteheads. Just resently I've decided to go for the "less is more" approach. I wash my face twice a day with the Cetaphil gentle bar cleanser and apply a small amount of moisturizer. So far, so good. My skin is still not "normal", but it's looking the best it has in a LONG time. The cleanser itself is really basic. It lathers really well and removes all of my makeup (except the HIP cream liner). I keep hoping and praying that this the miracle I've been looking for. UPDATE: Still liking this cleanser. I was worried that it would clog my pores because it's a bar, but I haven't noticed any more clooged pores than I was having before I started using this. It rinses off with no residue left behind like I would get from other bar cleansers. Will update again if things change for the worse. Hopefully that will be never :D

on 10/12/2009 4:29:00 PM

After being diagnosed with rosacea I have been on the hunt for products that didn't cause a flare up - I don't want to take antibiotics continually! After some research I settled on this soap to cleanse PM, LUSH angels/herbalism to cleanse/exfoiate AM. jojoba oil mixed with tea tree water to moisturise AM/PM and EDM foundation to cover. And that's it. Perfect skin :-) Well most of the time.
Reading the reviews here it does seem that only people with problem skin really appreciate this cleansing bar. It's not posh, no bells or whistles but clinical studies have shown it help rosacea sufferers - they used Dove sensitive for the control. This really is a HG product for me. It's fine for body use too.
update...
Still a great product but having even better results with E45 wash and E45 cream,,,,

on 9/16/2009 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like my skin since I started using this product. Now that I am a Thirtysomething my skin is starting to dry, but still sensitive. I am also really fair so it tends to get red and blotchy. I feel this and my other moisturizers have really helped keep my skin in good shape. I love how it feels after I wash w/it, super soft and smooth. I also love the price, it's a recession people. It has worked well all summer, but the real test will be the winter. I will update later and see if I make it a 5 .

on 8/23/2009 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

my skin type:oily t-zone and cheeks but normal where you would contour (hope this makes sence) i have acne every where it's oily (a lot of small papules/pustules) also my skin is sensitive.(note i don't use a moisturizer)

ok i bought this a week ago and it felt great after washing my face with it ,my derm recommended this to wash my face with it because i have moderate acne.the first few days this was working great i even thought this was clearing my acne just a bit, but then i realized that before i starded using this my forehead had only like 5 blemishes (not that noticeable) but know after using this i now have 20 super small papules on my forehead because of this!
i also breakout in my chin area wich i didn't have.

so i went to the library and checked paula's choice book ''don't go to the cosmetics counter without me'' and i read the review for this product and it says ''this is a good gentle bar that you could use from neck down only because it contains tallow wich can cause breakouts.

now i know why!

i recommend to be careful with this product
if your scared to breakout or making your acne worse then don't try this.
i heard dove bar is almost the same im gonna have to check the books review before i use it too lol

tallow is the 3th ingredient (sodium tallowate)

on 7/29/2009 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Cetaphil gentle cleansing bar is really my saver each time my skin goes weird, especially at the season's change... it has always rescued me!!! the scent is really nice, clean and soft smell and it's really a creamy bar. I use it in the shower and also on my face when it gets sensitive... I just get the occasional break outs, and this keep them at bay... it's a keeper with the white Dove bar... and for information my skin is very difficult to satisfy, any ingredients disliked will immediately create harsh reactions, redness, itchiness, etc!
Go for it! I have to try also the cleansing lotion next to see how it works for me.... ;)

on 7/21/2009 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's summer, and I've been breaking out ever since the season started. I'm EXTRA oily in the summer, and I decided to try a new cleanser to help it out. I didn't have time to go to the store, so I was looking around my bathroom, and happen upon this. I decided to give it a try..worst could happen is I'd be dry and break out even more.
Anyways, I decided to 'scratch' off a small piece with my nails, wet it in my hand, and use that to rub onto my face. It works great!! It took off my make up a lot better than the liquid one. (I reviewed that too..) And it didn't make me feel dry like the liquid one. With this one, I feel moisturize. I will continue to use this until the summer is over, and maybe continue till the cold season too..

on 6/16/2009 10:54:00 PM

I use this as a face cleanser.

I'd put this bar somewhere between the gentle liquid cleanser and the normal-oily liquid cleanser in terms of gentle-ness.

It does require careful rinsing, as I find it more difficult than the other Cetaphil cleansers to wash off.

Edit 5/24/11-I have begun to use this for other purposes as well. First I have been using it to wash my hands, especially in the morning when I am getting ready for the day and applying things to my face with my hands. Second I have found it to be a convenient brush cleaner.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I took a chance at Costco and bought a bunch of these and absolutely love them. I have dry sensitive skin and I have used this bar for both my face and body and it does not over dry my skin at all like other bar soaps. I also suffer from Eczema and it doesn't flair up when using this product.

on 5/4/2009 5:52:00 PM

I only use this soap in the shower because it is messy to use a bar at the sink. On the other hand, it cleans beautifully, leaves my skin soft and doesn't dry out my skin at all. I love this, but I was disappointed to find the liquid version intolerable because of the smell.

on 4/25/2009 4:55:00 PM

I've been using this bar from time to time to remove my sunscreen and makeup. I really like this soap, I can't believe a bar soap does not dry me out, and it seems to calm my skin down, my skin is not as red since I've been using it. cheap, it's kinda messy, but I can deal with it. Really a nice product.