July 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by CaptivatesYou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took a chance at Costco and bought a bunch of these and absolutely love them. I have dry sensitive skin and I have used this bar for both my face and body and it does not over dry my skin at all like other bar soaps. I also suffer from Eczema and it doesn't flair up when using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sablatt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this soap in the shower because it is messy to use a bar at the sink. On the other hand, it cleans beautifully, leaves my skin soft and doesn't dry out my skin at all. I love this, but I was disappointed to find the liquid version intolerable because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by SandyMc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this bar from time to time to remove my sunscreen and makeup. I really like this soap, I can't believe a bar soap does not dry me out, and it seems to calm my skin down, my skin is not as red since I've been using it. cheap, it's kinda messy, but I can deal with it. Really a nice product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I used to use the gel version as a cleanser, and it was terrible. It actually dried me out. This bar soap is much more moisturising and yet cleanses better. I started out on the bar soap, when my derm recommended me for some dry itch I had on my body. This worked like a dream. It was not drying out the skin, or leaving some itchy residue. I started using it on my face, after another derm confirmed I could do so. It worked out fine too. However I realised it could not control the growth of white heads under my chin (I was washing my face, so why these white heads?!) and sometimes felt a bit drying.

In conclusion, I think this is great for body skin, and can be tried on the face but do not expect miracles for facial skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Priestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is there any difference between this bar and Dove Sensitive? All I can see from the ingredients is Cetaphil bar has petrolatum and a strong masking fragrance. Just like Dove Sensitive this soap seems to over-dry the surface of my oily skin and starts to trap the oil in my pores thus aggravating my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great bar for face or body. I alternate between this and Aveeno's oatmeal bar and both do very well if you have sensitive skin or skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema. Exfoliates well and keeps skin well moisturized. A HG product for sure.

*Edit*

It doesn't work well for my face anymore. At all. After running out of my usual glycerine face bar, I used this for about a week straight until I bought some more of my regular face bars and noticed a world of difference. The Triclosan in this dries my skin out and irritates it big time with regular use. It was very tight and sore. I use this just for body now, makes my skin amazingly soft. Still HG material, I just have to use something milder and more moisturizing for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by michelle4uacats

This product washes my face without drying it up, especially during the winter months. It also takes the makeup off, but I usually have to wash twice. I have bought this more than once. I needed to buy something cheaper than the Clinique soaps for the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by maddiefish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. My dermatologist put me on some topical stuff and suggested that I use this so I wouldn't dry out my skin. It removes all of my makeup and cleans really effectively, but it doesn't strip my skin like most other cleansers. However, I don't like the fact that it has tallow in it (vegetarian), so I probably won't buy it again as it lasts a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by rosemont85

This is a great gentle non-soap cleanser for the body. For my face I used to use the Cetaphil liquid for a long time but then a dermatologist told me it had propylene glycol and to instead switch to using the bar for my face. I tried it out but the bar is honestly too harsh as a facial cleanser. My skin dried out, became dull, and flaked in areas even after immediately applying Olay Complete lotion. Overall, it would be best to use the bar for your body and to use the Cetaphil liquid along with a facial brush such as a Clarisonic to enhance it's cleansing ability.
Edit: I tried it again on my face for awhile and my skin has adjusted so it is less drying than before plus, applying moisturizer right after is of course helping. I just really like how well the bar thoroughly cleans your skin while still remaining mild unlike the liquid formula which is almost too mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Emkat8

Wow is really all I have to say. I've been using this less than a week and already have noticed some dramatic improvements in my skin. I was using Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser along with a Jason's Natural Aloe Vera lotion. Well between the two, my skin was still dry and flaky in spots, and after beginning use with the Purity, it was full of pimples! I finally determined that the Purity was probably what was causing the pimples since it was the only thing I had changed recently, so I decided to purchase the Cleansing Bar along with a Cetaphil lotion as well. Well the combo of the two has done wonders. Like I said, its been less than a week but my dry patches are almost completely gone, and I have not had a single new pimple since I started using this not to mention the ones I had are now clearing up quite quickly :) YAY! I bought this at Wal-mart for $3, that is freaking cheap compared to other facial cleansers. I don't care for the smell too much, reminds me of hotel soaps..UGH. Also, with this being a bar soap I feel like it kinda makes a mess and looks ugly just sitting there on the countertop. But I can deal with it, especially considering the great results I've had :)