Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

3.7

on 8/19/2008 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for many years. It has a very thin tiny brush which helps to coat even your tiniest lashes. The formula doesn't clump, my lashes are soft, and it stays put until I take it off. It removes easily with an oil type cleanser. I love it! This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used, although sometimes it's hard to find the black waterproof version. The only problem is that it dries out in about a month with daily use but it's cheap enough to buy a new one. After spending a fortune on crappy expensive mascaras I'm going back.

on 7/15/2008 9:47:00 PM

I like this mascara. i dont think its my HG but i havent found that yet. the tiny brush helps get all the lashes and it stays on all day with no flaking. adds nice length and separates well.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love how the brush is so small and tiny. I like going to the natural look so this is the best. No clumps or anything. Great for getting the small lashes and everything. I gave the packaging a 3 because I wish the container was bigger! :D

on 7/1/2008 3:46:00 PM

Love the tiny brush for getting all lashes and it doesn't clump. But I couldn't believe how much it smudged under my eyes for a waterproof formula. I've had non waterproof brands that behaved better. I won't buy again for that reason.

on 7/1/2008 2:51:00 PM

This mascara is quite good for separating your lashes and defining them. It doesn't give a very dramatic look, but it's good for the days when you don't feel like wearing much makeup, but still want some definition.

The price was just fine, and the tube that it comes in is simple and cute, not too bulky. This mascara is definetly better than some of the other ones I have purchased. For now I'll say that I would rebuy it, but it's hard to tell with me, because I never stick to just one brand.

UPDATE: Today I tried using this mascara for the "doll" look (long, curled and separated lashes). Big mistake. I curled my lashes, applied one coat, and then attempted to curl them again afterwards...not a good idea. I was hoping the formula would allow me to get that curled-to-your-eyebrow look, but my lashes stuck together in a spider-like way. I think now I will only be using this mascara for a very natural look, no curling après. Sigh, still looking for my HG mascara.

on 6/30/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second purchase of this mascara. I really like it!! It is perfect for the lower lashes because the brush is soo tiny and does not make a mess like the bigger brushes do, so it does not clump up. I like the waterproof on the lower lashes too because my eyes like to water sometimes. I also use this lightly on my top lashes before applying my Cover Girl Fantastic Lash and it combs the hairs and seperates them really well. It is deffinatly a product I don't want to be without!!!

on 6/27/2008 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i really like this mascara , i put vasaline (spelling ?) on my eyelashes and then i put this on and i love how the little brush seperates my lashes and gets the lashes in the corners of my eye that usually go untouched, while it doesnt have the amazing lengthening powers it does lengthen my lashes a little i was also a quite suprised that i liked this because it is waterproof and i usually avoid waterproof mascaras i will definately repurchase !!!!!

on 6/17/2008 6:35:00 PM

It's alright. I use this for my lower eyelashes because it really catches the smaller hairs. this does however make my eyelashes look really fake if i put it on my top lashes. but it works.

on 6/17/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm on a quest to find a completely non-flaking mascara. I liked the idea of the small brush that this mascara uses because I'm very clumsy and always get mascara on my skin with large brushes. The tiny brush is nice, but the formula is terribly. Few mascaras I've used have flaked and smudged as much as this does. I'm discouragedly continuing my quest.
Ingredients: Petroleum Distillates, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Water, Paraffin, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Rice Starch, Polyvinyl Laurate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Olyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Green, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide. continued >>

on 6/17/2008 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I typically stay away from Maybelline mascaras because of the horrible Great Lash mascara. However, when I saw this one on sale for two bucks, I decided to give it a go. I'm very surprised to say I really like it! The formula is great. My long but thin lashes become more visible and full. It's not very dramatic but nice for a day time look. I bought the black brown version and it's the perfect color. Very dark, but not quite shockingly black. The brush is great. It helps get all my little lashes in the corner of my eyes. Overall, I love this mascara! I'm giving in a four not a five because of two things. 1. It takes a little longer to dry than most mascaras I use, so I have to be really careful it doesn't smear. and 2. It's not waterproof. I wore this to a lake and got black specks all over my face. Not cool, Maybelline, not cool.