October 2, 2014 | 1306 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

I have Poudre Universelle Compacte in Translucent 1. It is a decent enough pressed powder, but unlike some of the other reviewers I feel it's not quite as sheer, sort of a bit heavy. I don't use pressed powders too often, I usually just blot during the day or use my loose powder (Kanebo Translucent Loose Powder) for touch up. The compact is a little small, and I'm not wild about the applicator. I bought Poudre Universelle Compacte since I needed a pressed powder and I love Chanel foundation. I might buy it again, I'll see when the time comes...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Tbauer

I use this powder on and off depending on my mood. It is very natural, and completely undetectable, and the coverage is light. It is a good setting powder for a liquid foundation, but not pigmented enough to fly solo. This is a great powder for the acne prone because it really lets the skin breathe through. If you are really oily, you will either have to reapply or use blotting sheets.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ipathgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I returned and purchased this item about 3 times. I know, I couldn't make up my mind. I got it purely for touch ups throughout the day and got 30 Naturel. I used a brush to apply it to my tzone and loved how it kept my skin matte but didn't look powdery or accentuated my pores. I could reapply it as much as I wanted and it would never build up since it's so finely milled. My only complaint is the color selection. 3 different shades, all of which do not suit me. I found the 30, when reapplied looked really dark and muddy on me, but the 20 was way too light and left a white cast. I really wanted to keep this one but had to let it go! Not to mention it cost around $45 CDN!! Just like all Chanel compacts, this one was so darn cute! Nothing compares to MAC blot for touchups though!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by immoralfear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The quality is good, no doubt. This sets makeup well, keeps the shine at bay and does not irritate my sensitive skin. Unfortunately, I am in between shades and this also does not have enough yellow undertones to match my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2006 2:40:00 AM More reviews by jjuang

This power is very very light. It is great for setting your makeup. It is also quite gentle on your skin. Because of its sheer coverage, you almost have to find a foundation w/ the perfect color for you. Chanel doesn't have a good yellow undertone powder though. I'm using the lightest color. It works well b/c it really does not change your face color much. If you want, you can build it up to lighten your color a bit for those winter days when you get just a bit lighter than usual. The only drawback is that this does not last long. You will probably have to touch up every 2 hours or so depending on the weather. I have since switched to origin's skin silk pressed powder for that it gives just a little coverage w/ great yellow-based color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in translucent 3. I really wanted a pretty compact powder to carry around with me, and this is it. The powder is finely milled and looks good when used with a fluffy brush, you can also get more coverage if you use the little powder puff. If this wasn't Chanel, I would never have paid $45 for a powder, but it is and I'm a make up junkie. I am willing to try new things but wouldn't necessarily recommend it because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The first time I can remember wanting makeup was when I was about 7, eating luch with my grandmother. I saw a business woman in the tea room, chicly powdering her nose with a chanel compact. I've wanted one ever since. I purchased my first one in a Nordies GWP event, sure that after 11 years anticipation I would surely be disappointed.
I have severe combo skin; shiny in the T-zone and chin, but dry as the Sahara everywhere else. This powder is fabulous. It mattifies my oilies, without drying my skin out.
The puff included is the most functional of it's kind I've ever seen, with a soft, fluffy side for blotting and a nubbier side for more coverage. It's quite sheer, so if you're looking for a foundation, I would try one of the other powders in the brand.
However, as a pressed blotting powder, it is amazing. When I powder my nose, I don't feel like I'm sopping up an oil slick. I feel like that chic business lady powdering her nose in a tea room.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Lucrecia

This is an average product for me. It is sheer and doesn't give much coverage so it's good as a setting powder. However, that's about it...nothing so special about the texture or quality. I love the glamourous compact and the fact that it doesn't oxidise (unlike MAC Select Sheer). Only a few months after the first use, the surface also becomes hardened. I got this from Sephora in the states and paid about 45 US for it. For that price, this product is a disappointment!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by elli888

My powder code was #30 Naturel and i have fair-medium with yellowish tone complexion. The texture of the powder is fine n smooth but too thick for me n i think it made my complexion appeared dark after awhile. Packaging is classy with the velvet pouch. Dont like the puff that comes with it (thin n square). I find it hard to use. I dont like the smell of the powder too. So i gave it to my aunty. I find it a waste of money for something that doesnt add up to my expectations. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 6:07:00 AM More reviews by iriss

This pressed powder is smooth, sheer, looks great and doesn't cake. Also it didn't break me out. I purchased 20-clair, i'm fair with pink undertones. I have some little freckles on my nose and my upper cheeks. Covering is light but that's what i want.( i don't have pimples and no need coverage). Powder is smooth and gives natural looking. I'll definitely repurchase.