April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been renamed and repackaged... Mine says it's an illuminating makeup base and gives a bronzing effect. "A bronzing makeup base, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel". The texture of this made me believe it was a cream and it does have a dry cream feel, but on skin it goes on so natural. It's sheer and blends so well into the skin. Which gives a more real bronze glow than a fake powdery bronzer. It was $48. It's far too rich for my blood, so I'll use it sparingly. I use a good foundation brush to apply it lightly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sayakka

im already thinking to buy a back up! when i tried this at the back of my hand it look very muddy and dark. when i apply and work it into my skin i got beautiful results. i use this as a countour for my pale face, and the color blends in very well. it has tiny shimmers which do not show upon application, but it is not dead matt either. the consistancy is very buttery. the only concern i have is the product may dry up in the pot, as many cream products i bought from MAC tends to dry out in a couple of months. anyways, loving it!
p.s. i'm NC15~20, chanel #10 albatre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Let's begin by saying that it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to makeup. It's not that I'm "picky", it's just that I'm so friggin' pale that it literally takes a miracle to make me look great. Anyway, this product was number two on my list of bronzers to try to find the perfect one, (MAC was number one, how about, no.) Once I saw that it wasn't a powder I became skeptical, but allowed the eager Chanel consultant to put it on my face anyway. I couldn't believe it was me. In that god-awful flourescent Macy's lighting, I looked like an airbrushed superstar. No powder, no foundation, no eyeshadow, no mascara, just this product. I knew this was the one, I was so in love with how my face looked that I didn't care that it costs fifty freekin' dollars. My face was glowing, tan, smooth, almost pore-less, AMAZING. HOWEVER! Once I bought it and took it home, I quickly came to realize that my makeup application skills were not up to parr. I bought a foundation brush like the lady told me to, applied it the way she did, but it looked HORRIBLE! So of course, at this point, I'm thinking that it can't be the product, after all, it's the same one she used on my face, it has to be me. The next day I went back to Chanel & asked her to show me exactly how to apply it, which she did. I went home, same thing. It either is so light that it's barely noticable or so dark that it looks orange. I am madly in love with this product, but I am going to return it. I just don't have the skills to apply it. Maybe one day in the future, when I've mastered the art of blending, I'll purchase it again. :(.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe I hadn't reviewed this yet! I love this product and have been using it since if first came out. I am still on my first jar! I use it for cheek colour as opposed for all over bronzer for me, but it gives me a wonderful natural tanned look on my cheeks! If it is in the middle of summer, I will use it all over to even out my skin. I use this as soon as summer hits and stop using foundation altogether. I also use this as a cheek colour along with Guerlain terra cotta all over bronzer - really nice mix on my skin! Love the consistency, lasts absolutely forever, truly a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tgctgarrett

another gorgeously unique chanel product!! went to macy's counter looking for an illuminator powder (along the lines of mac's beauty powder) and got chatting with my fave chanel rep. we tried several different illuminating prods on me and ended up with the following: disco ball girl (sooo not what i had in mind) with their gold powder, bronze nut-brown island girl (not exactly natural for a redhead) and this: pure perfection in the various ways she taught me to use this multi-purpose prod. originally swiped it under and (lightly) onto cheekbones for a lightly bronzed and prettily sculpted look, then lightly allover for a tanned look (which my ghost-white skin needs daily in order to not look ill) and finally as a base under foundation. can't really decide which way i like it best yet....i think i like what i did with it the other day best: first as a base primer under my CD Forever foundation, applied with a kabuki, then over the foundation to sculpt out my cheekbones and lightly on temples and over eyes in a C like i often do with a powder bronzer. GORGEOUS and so natural and flattering :) i got so many "god, your skin's pretty" comments, no "nice bronzer" or "do you fake bake?" comments. that's a huge plus for me. it even seemed to help the slightly peu d'orange texture of my cheeks. pricey, yes by god, it is...like all chanel products. but so so worth it IMHO.
UPDATE: In the "air-conditioner-kicked-it" heat of the building where i work, this stuff literally ran (and took my foundation with it) off my face--grossly. so much so that one of my male friends who never notices such things said "what happened there? you look like you were working under a dirty car." had such high hopes and great results with this before, my disappointment is total.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

I use this "bronzer" as a primer/foundation (on good skin days!) in summertime (applied with a brush all over my face) and any time of year as a contour product patted on lightly with my fingers. It has the most gorgeous scent and is a total luxury really that I wouldn't repurchase - I don't think this huge tub will ever run out!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by munchkinhead

I brought this product about a year and a half ago, I still have loads left! I brought it first as an all over face illuminator however I wasn't liking the obvious colour definition of my neck and my face! So I now use it to contour which is much better, however not so good if you have dry skin as it tends to clump and show flakies. Texture is lovely however not really worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ropey

I wasn't too sure how to apply this at first. Using your fingers is no good. I use a foundation brush now and I really love this product.
Its buildable colour means its easy to apply and doesn't go on too dark at first. With powder bronzers I always seem to end up with dark uneven patches on my face.
Its a creamy powder consistency, but goes on dry and not oily.
The most natural looking bronzer I've used.
The smell is lovely too, like all chanel products which is fresh and not overly perfumed.
Expensive but completely worth it. I'm yet to try a chanel product that I don't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Lizziemc

Oh I am so gutted. I absolutely love this product... but it gave me the most horrendous spots: the closest I've ever come to cystic acne. Which really is a shame because it's as everyone here describes: natural, sheer buildable colour. I loved the fact i could just sweep it on over my sunscreen (once it had been absorbed) and not look made-up as I feel I do with powder bronzer. But this is definitely the product that gave me whopping zits because I used it solidly for three weeks while camping and as soon as I stopped, they disappeared. Shame!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by NurseKristen

At first I thought this product was going to be weird to use, I mean, it's in a small jar, and it's basically SOLID!? Umm, how to use?? So I took a flat foundation brush and tapped it into the jar on top of the hard clay-like product, and then tapped and smoothed it over my face. Wow! It actually looks GREAT! Subtle, not dirty-looking. And of course it has that signature Chanel smell ;) This stuff looks like it'll last quite a while!