October 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by vanewpc

ENTER A CHANCE TO WIN THIS PRODUCT ON MY YOUTUBE PAGE

I love this product it's a HG makeup product of mine! i have a review as well as a cheaper alternative on my Youtube chanel i also have a contest where you can enter to win one so check it out if interested =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AWILDA429

OMG!

YOU GUYS! I WANT TO BATHE IN THIS THING!

I love love love love it! it gives your skin such a warm beautiful glow. People were complimenting me when I wore this to work.

It looks so stunning on your face.
the fragrance is so pleasant.
I just look forward to putting it on everyday.

I am NC40 (mufe #128, rcma shinto 2, chanel #60 teinte innocence).

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Spendydoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, I'm so impressed.
I bought this after watching reviews on Youtube and am sooooooooooooooo glad I did it's worth every penny. It comes in quite a big round container, which isn't very handy for travel. The consistency of it is like a cream and you need quite a small dense brush to use to sweep up the product.
The glow this product gives is fantastic. The color is more on the orange side than brown but the color it distributes is the most believable tan from a bronzer I've ever used. Even after a full day of wearing this at work I still look fantastic in conjunction with Mat Lumiere foundation.
I really recommend this product to people looking for a bronzer that doesn't leave you looking cakey. Good work Chanel, this is HG for me!!

UPDATE 26/07/2009: I am still using this stuff religiously after applying my foundation. It gives such a lovely glow and helps powder foundation/blush stay in place during the day. I think this might make me break out a little still, but nothing severe enough that I would stop using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by anvu80

I have the older packaging of this product, bought it just before the new one came out with a different name and a different price tag! With that being said, I love this bronzer! The creamy texture works great along with my MAC 109 brush. I normally just swirl the brush in the container, and lightly swipe along my cheekbone..and then blend blend blend. It gives my face a warmth that I love and makes me look very healthy and bronzey!

The only downside is the packaging....actually, the packaging is beautiful but I find it is not too convenient to throw into a makeup bag to take to the gym. It's better left on my vanity and used at home.

Forgot to mention-I love the scent of this product!!!!! One container should last a long time...hope they dont discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by heather2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Loooove it! By far the best bronzer i've used, looks completely natural since it has no shimmer/glitter. Amazing consistency and doesn't rub off on clothes, smells so good too! I apply it with a small dense brush (eg. mac 109) and work it into the skin. It can be used all over the face and neck or just on cheekbones, temples, and forehead for a contoured look. Would recommend this 100%, definately worth your money as you get a lot in the container. Very impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This has been renamed and repackaged... Mine says it's an illuminating makeup base and gives a bronzing effect. "A bronzing makeup base, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel". The texture of this made me believe it was a cream and it does have a dry cream feel, but on skin it goes on so natural. It's sheer and blends so well into the skin. Which gives a more real bronze glow than a fake powdery bronzer. It was $48. It's far too rich for my blood, so I'll use it sparingly. I use a good foundation brush to apply it lightly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sayakka

im already thinking to buy a back up! when i tried this at the back of my hand it look very muddy and dark. when i apply and work it into my skin i got beautiful results. i use this as a countour for my pale face, and the color blends in very well. it has tiny shimmers which do not show upon application, but it is not dead matt either. the consistancy is very buttery. the only concern i have is the product may dry up in the pot, as many cream products i bought from MAC tends to dry out in a couple of months. anyways, loving it!
p.s. i'm NC15~20, chanel #10 albatre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Let's begin by saying that it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to makeup. It's not that I'm "picky", it's just that I'm so friggin' pale that it literally takes a miracle to make me look great. Anyway, this product was number two on my list of bronzers to try to find the perfect one, (MAC was number one, how about, no.) Once I saw that it wasn't a powder I became skeptical, but allowed the eager Chanel consultant to put it on my face anyway. I couldn't believe it was me. In that god-awful flourescent Macy's lighting, I looked like an airbrushed superstar. No powder, no foundation, no eyeshadow, no mascara, just this product. I knew this was the one, I was so in love with how my face looked that I didn't care that it costs fifty freekin' dollars. My face was glowing, tan, smooth, almost pore-less, AMAZING. HOWEVER! Once I bought it and took it home, I quickly came to realize that my makeup application skills were not up to parr. I bought a foundation brush like the lady told me to, applied it the way she did, but it looked HORRIBLE! So of course, at this point, I'm thinking that it can't be the product, after all, it's the same one she used on my face, it has to be me. The next day I went back to Chanel & asked her to show me exactly how to apply it, which she did. I went home, same thing. It either is so light that it's barely noticable or so dark that it looks orange. I am madly in love with this product, but I am going to return it. I just don't have the skills to apply it. Maybe one day in the future, when I've mastered the art of blending, I'll purchase it again. :(.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe I hadn't reviewed this yet! I love this product and have been using it since if first came out. I am still on my first jar! I use it for cheek colour as opposed for all over bronzer for me, but it gives me a wonderful natural tanned look on my cheeks! If it is in the middle of summer, I will use it all over to even out my skin. I use this as soon as summer hits and stop using foundation altogether. I also use this as a cheek colour along with Guerlain terra cotta all over bronzer - really nice mix on my skin! Love the consistency, lasts absolutely forever, truly a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tgctgarrett

another gorgeously unique chanel product!! went to macy's counter looking for an illuminator powder (along the lines of mac's beauty powder) and got chatting with my fave chanel rep. we tried several different illuminating prods on me and ended up with the following: disco ball girl (sooo not what i had in mind) with their gold powder, bronze nut-brown island girl (not exactly natural for a redhead) and this: pure perfection in the various ways she taught me to use this multi-purpose prod. originally swiped it under and (lightly) onto cheekbones for a lightly bronzed and prettily sculpted look, then lightly allover for a tanned look (which my ghost-white skin needs daily in order to not look ill) and finally as a base under foundation. can't really decide which way i like it best yet....i think i like what i did with it the other day best: first as a base primer under my CD Forever foundation, applied with a kabuki, then over the foundation to sculpt out my cheekbones and lightly on temples and over eyes in a C like i often do with a powder bronzer. GORGEOUS and so natural and flattering :) i got so many "god, your skin's pretty" comments, no "nice bronzer" or "do you fake bake?" comments. that's a huge plus for me. it even seemed to help the slightly peu d'orange texture of my cheeks. pricey, yes by god, it is...like all chanel products. but so so worth it IMHO.
UPDATE: In the "air-conditioner-kicked-it" heat of the building where i work, this stuff literally ran (and took my foundation with it) off my face--grossly. so much so that one of my male friends who never notices such things said "what happened there? you look like you were working under a dirty car." had such high hopes and great results with this before, my disappointment is total.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No