TiGi Bed Head Manipulator

Aqua (water/eau), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, PVP/VA Copolymer, Petralatum, Oleth-20, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Oleth-3, Oleth-5, SEA-Oleth-3 Phosphate, DEA-Oleth-10 Phosphate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl, Tetrastearate, PEG-6, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl alcohol,Coumarin, Limonene, PEG-45M, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

on 1/20/2006 4:32:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have medium-long naturally wavy/curly hair that usually frizzes. My stylist recently turned me on to the Bed Head & Catwalk lines. I use this after the Curls Rock line, once I finish difusing my hair. I just swipe a little onto my fingertips, rub into the palms of my hands and scrunch into my curls. It leaves them defined and not overly heavy. The coconut smell is great. A little pricey, but so worth it!

on 12/24/2005 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've had the Manipulator for quite some time before I've deceided to review it. First off, the packaging is okay, so nothing to say there. It smells like pineapples and looks as good as it smells, which is amazing (love the light blue color). TiGi damn well knows how to market. The texture - sort of gunk like - I believe is a non-newtonian fluid, which is an interesting idea for any styling product. It flows like a liquid can, but has the consistency of a solid. However, it's difficult to use in hair and not the best hold either. I guess I will just play with and smell this stuff, and maybe use it when I run out of other styling products. 7/10

on 12/14/2005 4:07:00 PM

Grossest texture ever. I'd never pay for this product. I always get it free with something, so I have 2-3 bottles of it in my bathroom. I NEVER use the stuff, I just open the can to smell it every now and then becuase the fruity candy smell is SLAMMIN'. When my hair was short and hungry for styling every day, I'd sometimes be adventurous and dare to try this stuff, despite knowing that every time my hair would just be weighed down into this wonderfully smelling mess on the top of my head. And hey, every time I DO try it, using small amounts, large amounts, all sorts of amounts - trust me, all terrain has been explored with this product, it still just sucks and I'll need a good hair washing afterward. You know, let's all stick a wick in these terrible products and turn the m into scented candles... theyre SOOO much more useful that way.

on 10/16/2005 5:54:00 PM

After I chopped off all my hair and needed to style it everyday, my stylist recommended this to spike the hairs in the back and uplift my roots all around. I have thick asian hair so it's hard to get it to volumize with anything, much less with heavy waxy gunk in it. Too heavy for me although for the gunky texture, it does go on the hair nicely. Smells great but didn't cut it for me. I now use a sprayable wax instead.

on 9/25/2005 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted the step up from "Mastermind" and get something with a little more stiffness. As far as performance if you're looking for something to do fun spiky effects this will do the trick. I personally could NOT STAND the overpowering coconut smell. I didn't check the scent in the store (actually after the light scent of Mastermind it never ocurred to me that this scent would be so other-end-of-the-spectrum nasty). I mean really, I felt like I was being assaulted by flying coconuts all day long, was it really necessary to bring the scent level to guerrilla warfare levels?! And for the price I had a hard time deciding whether I really wanted to use this stuff or toss it.

on 9/9/2005 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My SIL gave this to me because it made her fine hair look greasy (She's had more success with Redken's Rough Paste). I have a pixie cut and my hair is coarse and thick. It is naturally curly. I used a tiny bit, rubbed it into my palms, and gently worked it into my hair; avoiding the roots. It smells pretty good, but the product did not add texture to my hair, nor did it create that piecy look.

on 9/6/2005 5:15:00 AM

Awful. Run of the mill product with 5X the price. Left my short, fine hair oily and without style. I also found it hard to get the right amount of product on my fingertips. Results were very blah. I would never recommend to someone with fine hair like mine, others use at your own risk of lost $$$.

on 7/3/2005 10:26:00 AM

I no longer use this, as I've grown my hair out, but when I had a pixie cut, this was my favorite styling product. It was very versatile and my hair never felt too sticky. Smells nice, too, kind of like vanilla pudding.

on 6/14/2005 9:11:00 AM

I personaly didnt buy this for my self because I have long, angled hair, so this product isnt right for my cut. But I bought it for my mom, and she has a layered short bob, and she LOVES it to enhance her layers. This product gives her hair a piece-y, VERY STYILISH look. So Cute! And the scent is great! Can you say Pina Colada? Yummy.

on 6/7/2005 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just got my hair cut to my shoulders with lots of texture...razored bob. I wanted something that would make my layers stand out and this did the trick. I accidentally put too much on once and looked like a greaseball, so please start with just a teeny bit and work your way up. :) I have very thick, course hair and this product is outstanding. I just love how funky it makes my hair look, not all straight and blah. It does help to give me a bit of volume as well. $16.95 for a tub of it is quite expensive but I see this lasting about 8 months to a year for me. Smells like coconuts.

Popular Styling Products