Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My son had a bad outbreak that seemed neverending, his skin was inflamed and a furious red, & there was scarring & marks. I'd tried a few products to help control the outbreaks, but to no avail. I initialy bought this for my eczema, but I read from the web that some have used this product with success for acne skin, I asked the SA & she explained it may take 2 -3 days to bring down a pimple, not immediately, but it will help with healing as well as prevent marks. With such a thick greasy texture, I was seriously doubtful it would work. But as I was already at my wit's end, I decided to take the plunge (with a lot of trepidation!) & let him try it. & am I glad I did!! It has worked wonderfully for my son! Overnight, his skin calmed down, his forming pimples/acne subsided(smaller bumps), & his face became less red. In roughly a week's time, his skin had improved so much, & his scars & marks slowly began to fade & smoothed out, & no more red colour. Today, while he still has breakouts (teenager's hormones), it is under control & he is never without it, even when we travel. BTW, he applies it on affected areas only, NOT all over his face. As for the smell, he has never complained about it, & personally, I love the smell -such a lovely old-fashioned smell that you don't get from all those new heavily fragranced creams of today, which can trigger a migraine for me.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is has been great for my skin this winter. I have been pretty sick with colds and this keeps the dry areas around my nose moisturized. I have also been using a lip balm and putting this over it as a kind of barrier. It is a nice product and not too expensive.

I first discovered 8 hour cream about 12 years ago and heard rave reviews about it. Anyway, I was full of cold and had dry chapped skin around my lips and nose so decided to treat myself. My first instinct was "what the hell is that smell?" - it totally wasn't what I was expecting! But to me it smells like Molton Brown's Black Pepper products and I've really grown to love it.

As for the product itself, I find myself always coming back to this year after year. If you have dry skin round the nose from a cold/flu, I promise nothing beats it. It's one of the few things that also sort out my chapped lips in winter. I fly a lot and I panic if I don't have this in my carry-on bag. A tiny bit warmed up in the fingers and pressed into the face is the best dry-air moisturiser that I've ever tried for those long haul journeys. I realised last night I have 3 tubes and a jar of this dotted around my house! And I do find the smell reassuring and comforting now!

I can understand why people don't like it - the love/hate smell, the very sticky texture (which personally makes it longer lasting than most petroleum based products and the stickiness does go away if applied to the skin) and the price is quite high. But it's fab so it's still getting 5 lippies!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is such a great product, i recommend it for absolutely everyone. It smells quite herbal, some people like it, some people dont but it works! I use it as a clear gloss over my lipstick, on my eyelashes, for itchy skin, and insect bites. its also nice to use on your cheekbones to give you a subtle glow. My boyfriend has really bad eczema and he uses it to soothe the itching or burning. No one should be without it

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing soooo much about this, I just had to try it when I saw a set for $20 at TJMaxx. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me at all but please keep in mind that I have dry skin all year long..much more so than most people. Even petroleum jelly/vaseline doesn't moisturize my lips or face that well. My lips tend to dry and flake easily and this only made things worse. When I first apply this to my lips, it seems to do a good job of moisturizing but hours later, my lips would get sooo dry and start to peel. I tried it on several different occassions to give this a fair chance but always experienced the same negative results. I also tried rubbing an extremely small amount on my dry face at night..it didn't moisturize my skin at all. Maybe my skin just doesn't like lanolin. And it's true that this stuff stinks! I don't have a strong sense of smell but boy, the smell is pretty bad. Thank goodness I didn't shell out a lot of money for this.

Ok, it may be too soon to write a review since I've only used this product for a couple of days, but I love it already! I used it as a lip balm and it immediately made my winter-chapped lips smooth and plump. And the amazing thing is, they're still like this, after using it 12 hours earlier. So, it's not just a "masking" effect, like many lipbalms have; it's a real treatment!

Plus, I used it on my eyelids last night that were flaking after treating them with a cream for allergies. Well, it's the first day in over a week that I have no flaking at all. And, I used it as a face moisturiser last night (can only think of it as a once-in-a-while treatment though since it's quite heavy) and a tiny scar I had from a spot that I tried to break, is very much diminished today.

Since my skin gets completely haywired on wintertime, developing red and flaking patches at random, I think I'll be using this cream a lot this year. And the fact is that you can find it on the internet for a very decent price, so there's no excuse for not buying it. EDITED TO ADD: I've been having a running nose for over a week and I'm using this every night to avoid a red and flaking nose. You know what? It totally works where vaseline hadn't in the past!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have a 30ml tube of this, which has lasted for about 3-4 years, and thats even after my little girl squeezed a load out when she was playing with it! I use it on my lashes sometimes before bed, and my brows to nourish them. I also use this cream, mainly, for my lips in the winter when they seem to dry out immensely and become chapped!! This cream is much better than any lipbalm out there!!! Once I run out, ill definitely be re-buing (probably on another flight next year lol) x

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this at duty free in a little glass pot, it is the limited edition anniversary packaging I think. I think it was about 14. I use it as a lip balm and it is amazing. I actually love the smell. I have had used loads of lip balms from really cheap to really splurging (creme de la mer). In terms of keepingyour lips moisturized and plump all day, this is the best. And you get loads, so really not expensive. Have never used on my face though or near my eyes, as I think it would make my eyes puff up

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have said many times before that i have extremely dry skin and it flakes all the time and that bothers me because i have good skin (knock on wood) but the flakiness makes me feel like i have the ugliest skin of all time, anyway, This thing is a life saver I've been using it ever since I was little and it gives me the glowiest skin ever which is a dream come true for me. it also doesn't break me out or anything because i have super sensitive skin and it just is a really amazing product and it's actually cheap if you compare it to how much you actually use!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I like this. I like the fact that it doesn't contain silicones (I think!) as my skin seems to be reacting to them of late. I like the fact that its multi purpose. I quite like the smell. Yes, I know vaseline would do the same job, but I also like luxury ;)