August 1, 2014 | 1318 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by robinmosesnailart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great trick. i saw this on a gurus channel where she took a little touch of this....rubbed it on her fingers and dabbed it on her cheekbones and eyelids and chin etc..and it gave her a fresh dewey look over her makeup. it gave a really natural non-made up look. i bought it, tried it and it did the job. the smell is ...........strongish? but it does its job and in win and sun, it does protect well. i like it...the tube will last me forever and its a great tip..i bet you could do the same thing with other products but liked it and thought i would share this tip here :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Harriet1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PETROLEUM AND LANOLIN MIXED TOGETHER WITH FRAGRANCE FOR ONLY HALF YOUR WEEKLY SALARY??!

MIRACLE!!

Oh...sarcasm.

13 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by geovani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I CANNOT BELIVE ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS HERE!!!
this is the WORST cream (whatever the darn things it need to be for)
the smell is so strong and disgusting!!!
and i bought it for the raving reviews it had regarding using it as a lip treatment.
now i am a very high end skin care junkie (looove la prairie lol)
and at first my snobish skincare brain felt like weird wanting to buy an elizabeth arden product as its not really a "high end brand" (sorry for all you guys that like this brand) but i know that there are times where a great product comes from not the most high end brand so i just bought this cream.
i put it on at night on my lips and gosh i wanted to throw up from the smell!
and it was so oily on the lips and it felt like it was just sitting on the lips and thats it!
listin girls (and guys) if you are like me looking for the GREATEST EVER TREATMENT FOR THE LIPS then just follow what i do and i promise you that you will have an amazing,soft,beautiful,luscious lips!!!
so after years of experimenting and trying ALL the brands out there here is what i do......

i use the "SKIN CEUTICALS-antioxidant lip repair",this is a anti aging "serum" treatment for the lips and what it does is that it is a penatrating multi vitamin and anti oxidant serum that hydrates to the deepist layers of the lips and it plumps my lips really nice.(read my review on it here at MUA).

NIGHT TIME......
first off ,every other night i love to exfoliate my lips(this gives your lips the smoooth texture cause it sweeps the dead skin cells away and that means your lipstick will go on smooooth and beautiful) so what i use for that is the "LUSH- lip scrub" and remember after you do the scrub your lips will be very dry so you MUST put a cream on top of them!!!
after the exfoliation i apply the "SKIN CEUTICALS-antioxidant lip repair" serum and then wait 5 min and then.......
i apply the AMAZING "darphin age defying lip balm"
(now this has got to be the most hydrating-heavy duty lip balm i ever had.)
it is an intense lip balm that i use for night time use only.
i just use this as a nightime beauty lip treatment,guys this is really amazing stuf!!!
so thats it girls,that is what i do:
"lush-lip scrub", every other day
"skin ceauticals-antioxidant lip repair",as a serum underneath a lip balm
"darphin age defying lip balm" as a nightly lip tratment(after the "SC" lip serum)

DAYTIME USE:(OPTIONAL).......
"cle de peau-lip treatment"-,as a lip balm in the morning/daytime(i use this as a "daytime" balm becouse its light,not gloosy,not waxy balm and it gives an amazing feel to the lips,now this would be your "carry around lip balm" as you can smooth it on the lips whenever you feel you need to)
have fun guys and if you dont find somthing from these products and you dont know where to order them from then just send me a message and write me what country your from and ill be happy to tell you where to order it from online.
sarai from israel:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, great stuff. Its much more than vaseline. There are other great ingredients like lanolin. This is better than my aquaphor. I can get past the strong medicinal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have Eight Hour Cream in a tube, but it also comes in a jar. It's a thick, highly concentrated, orange gel-cream that coats skin while skin absorbs emollients and vitamin e. This isn't a miracle cream or anything (what is?), but it beautifully and completely soothes chapping, peeling, dermatitis, rashes, cracked lips, fine dry lines, and chafing. It has salicylic acid as an anti-inflammatory, so relief is just about instantaneous. It's wonderful for hands and feet, but I use it mostly on my neck, and, occasionally, even on my whole face. If applied before bed, it soaks into skin overnight and leaves skin soft, plump, and soothed in the morning.

Eight Hour Cream can be used to keep eyeshadow from fading, and to keep brows shaped. It helps lipstick last longer, and keeps it from drying out lips. It's great for protecting the skin when skiing or spending a lot of time outdoors in cold weather. I would imagine that on dry skin, it provides a "glow", (it just looks like an oil slick on me), so it's a versatile product.

This is around 50% Petrolatum, so it's very greasy, at first, on my skin. It takes, literally, hours to be absorbed. Its other actives are salicylic acid, lanolin, mineral oil, and vitamin e. The ingredients are a nightmare for certain skin-types, so this is definitely not for everyone; especially for use on the face. It smells simply awful, in my opinion: like a blend of citronella candle and motor oil. When Eight Hour is on my face, I can smell it for quite awhile, but the morning results are worth it.

Eight Hour Cream is reasonably priced. Even though Vaseline, etc. is much cheaper at the drugstore, 8 Hour Cream is highly concentrated, and has an anti-inflammatory + vitamin e. It often comes in "sets" (with sunscreen, lip protector, etc.), making the overall price really good.

Eight Hour Cream is one of the best skin protectors I've found for soothing extreme dryness, and it's especially great for elbows, knees, heels, and cracked lips. It's also great for razor burn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Intellectually, I understand that this is vaseline + lanolin + Vitamin E in a fancy jar/tube. It shouldn't work any better than stuff you can pick up at the dollar store.

But. It. Does. It's kinda magic that way, and therefore worth the money. (I save $$ by purchasing mine on eBay.)

I've had a small patch of irritated, red skin in the outer corners of my eyes for months, and have tried the following, all mostly unsuccessfully:

Argan Oil
Nivea Creme
M. Asam eye cream
Signature Club A eye cream
Rosebud Salve

:::::::plus others I can't recall.

I remembered the tube of 8-Hour Cream I'd gotten in an Arden GWP last year, and applied it to the irritated eye. This morning, it's normal-colored and all irritation is gone. Magic? I think so.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very irritational when it comes to this product. I hate how much I love it. Eventhough I KNOW that it's petroleum based - and I know that petroleum coats the skin with a protective layer, but does not do much in terms moisturizing. Plus it's cheap. I KNOW that, but it still FEELS moisturizing. It's stinky, but somehow I love the smell. Something is wrong with me.
---------
PROS:
- It has a very um, unique smell. I personally love it.
- It has a nice consistency; not like vaseline, which is very thin. It's thicker and coats the skin/lips very well.
- I use this cream for so many things: on chapped lips, on dry elbows/other dry spots, on little cuts or burns to keep the wound from drying out and causing a more obvious scar. I've even used it on my cheeks and temples (mind you, I have dry skin) at night. My skin soaks up the product during the night and I wake up with super soft and radiant skin.
- One tube will last you forever.
----------
CONS:
- WHAT.IS.WRONG.WITH.ME? I must be crazy applying petroleum jelly to my entire face and calling it a miracle product!
- People tell me this product smells. When I open up my tube during class, and people are sitting close to me, I feel a little selfconscious about it. But then I get a little whiff and think "ahh, this so smells nice".
- It's expensive for the ingredients
----------
I wouldn't neceseraly recommend this product, as it turns you into a lunatic ;). All kidding aside; there isn't a real justification for the price tag. Petroleum and Lanolin are both pretty common and cheap ingredients. Both petroleum and lanolin are prone to controversy. Some say that petroleum coats the skin but does not moisturize much. I've even read it can be drying. Shea butter works much better supposedly. Lanolin used to be associated with irritation of the skin, but recent studies have shown it's fine to use a moisturizer.
There's salicylic acid in this cream, but I've never noticed much in terms of exfoliation. The ingredient list shows nothing about the quantity of this ingredient, or the the ph level that's needed to make the ingredient work.
But still, I will continue to use it. Writing this review has actually inspired me to put some on my face tonight. This cream is like a bad habit I can't seem to lose; I love using it even though I know I have much better moisturizers than this. Will I repurchase? Yes, damn it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by HollyMarie

I have had this product for a couple years and would use it on and off for lips, highlighter etc.. I always heard that this is Victoria Beckham's favorite product-well the last few weeks I have been applying it before bed around my eyes and let me tell you I have been very pleasantly surprised-very hydrated and smooth looking when I wake up! I have not even touched any of my other eye creams in about 3 weeks this is just great-I apply it a bit on the upper lid and around the eye area and I really have noticed a difference-its tacky going on but it does absorb and in the morning I have really liked what I see! And of course you can use it for lips and even after you apply shawdow just rub a little big on it and it just shimmers! A tube will last you at least a year or 2 so the price is totally worth it! Great multi use product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not just glorified vaseline! There is something extra soothing and healing about this product which keeps me coming back for more. Maybe it's the Lanolin in it, I don't know. But it's a magical balm which works when others fail. I use this mostly as an overnight lip treatment but I have used it on weird scaly patches on my skin with great success. I don't really use it for much else. It's way too thick to apply as face moisturiser or hand cream. I know others find many uses for this though, so it's interesting to read the reviews. It has a scent you'll either love or hate, but I love it. I am so used to it now I barely notice it! This thickens quite substantially in cold weather so it may be harder to apply but that's ok. A tube lasts me FOREVER so it is well worth the price but I usually pick this up pretty cheap at the airport anyway ;-) 5 Lippies. Staple product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a polarizing product! Yes the smell takes some getting used to, the colour is odd, its inconvenient to carry the tube around... but I happen to love it. I got this at Marshall's $9.99 and its helped my chapped lips like no other. Others have documented its myriad uses, they are all true! Eyebrow groomer, lip balm, facial luminizer, cuticle cure.... just a few!

For me, the best usage is on my face. I've started to get some flakey skin from using a retinol at night (makes make up application a nightmare!). When this happens, I skip the retinol and warm up a tiny bit between my fingers and spread all over my face. Really, the smallest bit is all that's necessary. Also use it under my eyes. I wake up with smooth skin. So if you're on a retinol product, I would highly recommend this as a cost effective option to alternate into your skin care regime to prevent or take care of flakey skin.

I prefer to use this (as opposed to Aquaphor) because its got salicylic acid so it doesn't clog my pores...