April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 6:54:00 PM More reviews by LizXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this in natural light for years. I love it. I use it over my foundation and my face looks 1,000 times better. It gives a slight shimmer and makes my skin look lighter and brighter. It smells a tiny bit like green tea. A tub of this will also last you a long, long time. I ALWAYS wear it and I use a good amount (though other people may not want to) and it'll last me about 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2004 9:12:00 AM More reviews by TCamille

Good product. Great for those who want an understated shimmer without all the chunkiness and hug noticeable sparkles. I have this powder in Warm Light and it blends in my complexion beautifully. I lucked out and got this powder two for 8 dollars @Walgreens.com I only use this product at night when I'm out with my boyfriend and I want to give my look that extra uuumph! LOL
    I wont purchase because I dont think I'll ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

This looks absolutely beautiful whenever I mix two parts of loose powder with one part of this skinlights loose powder. I apply this with a fluffy brush along my forehead, nose, cheek bones, and chin to give my skin that airbrushed effect. I cannot use this alone anywhere on my face(besides my brow bone)...its way too shimmery for my liking. I have this in natural light, which is a super pale pink with small hints of yellow undertones, and bare light which is more "olive" based. The smell isn't as strong as the lotion or the tint which is a good thing. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by blind_maharet

This product is one of my favorites. The powder is very silky, shimmery, and not too drying at all. Plus it comes in a very clever little package which keeps the applicator brush safe inside the lid inside of drowning in powder (Why can't every other loose powder think of this???). It works great as a cheek/body highlighter, undereye concealer, and can even be applied on top of concealor to help cover a zit. Still, I find that it's better to use a powder brush to apply to the face as the provided brush can tend to pick up too much product. Also, it can be quite messy so I would recommend applying this before getting dressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by missunderstood

For a d/s item, it was fairly expensive but the actual product works good. I like how it adds some very subtle sparkles and gives your face a sheen all over. The packaging is cute, but the brush that comes with it is horrible. I also dislike how waay too much gets on the brush, so you have to shake it off. If you're wearing black, be prepared to dust off the powder. Also, right when you put it on, it looks like chalk, but after you blend it, it looks great. I also have it in liquid form in the shade Warm Light. It works GREAT as a bronzer, adds some nice natural color to your face, as some people have claimed. Might go a shade darker next time. The scent of both products is a little much though, also I wish it would last longer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this loose powder in natural light. Iím a MAC C2 or NC20 and quite pale so this is a good shade for me. However, I have skin that goes oily after a few hours and this perhaps doesnít increase the oil on my skin but makes me look oilier than I am. This isnít the productís fault, Iíll blame my skin because it annoys me regularly with many products. For someone with matte skin naturally this looks great (one of my best friends put me on to this stuff and with her slightly dry skin it looks great). The pot is a very generous size and I donít think I could possibly ever use it all up. I donít mind the fragrance. It is quite shimmery and with the shininess on my face I find that I use this more as a brow highlighter (have even used it as an eye shadow Ė this is OK but the lasting power isnít as good as an eye shadow). But what I use it most for is a body shimmer. Because there is so much of this product I just lightly sweep it on my decolletage and arms for a really nice, subtle glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dana

I overall really like this product. It is very easy to blend into the skin and doesn't leave me greasy like other products of this nature have a tendancy too. (I have tried Benefit, GA and Nars off the top of my head) The SPF 15 is an added benefit to this product. I wear it to the beach! I purchased this in Golden Light 01 which is a perfect bronze shade. I am usually LSF4 or MAC NC25.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

i have had this product for months but i hadnt reviewed it cuz its hard to decide if i really like this. they give u a very good amount of product but it really doesnt make me glow like i wanted it too. i have it in natural light and its really not that great for me. it makes me look a little greasy. i might try the pinkish version of this in the powder im not sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2004 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Marils

I have this loose powder in 01 Natural Light. It is extremely sparkly so must always try not to get too much on the brush otherwise I'll have a shimmy disco ball for a face. Probably best for night use or summer. It's nice but I don't really use it too much because I hate the packaging it comes in. It is extremely messy to deal with and somehow all the powder seems to get everywhere. I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2004 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff. it comes in a huge container, so it should last me a LONG time. its perfect if you use just a little bit. I like to use it as a highlighter on my cheeks and on my shoulders as well if i'm going out. its gorgeous, i ahve the tanish one, bronze or soemthing i dont know what its called, but its perfect for my semi dark indian skin. i love it! i will def. repurchase but i probably wont need to as this powder will probably last me a couple years. only con- it is a little on the expensive side. its around 13 dollars.