Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 8/8/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

you will not get dramatic lashes with product ....
i think this is a GREAT every day mascara for work and school ..
my lashes were tastfully darker and bit longer
ive gone through a few tubes so far

on 8/7/2009 4:01:00 PM

After reading the great reviews on this product, I went and bought it, of course. I don't like it but I don't hate it either. My over all opinion is 'meh'. My lashes looked longer, but I found the formula took a few seconds to dry. Second coat was no improvment over the first and clumps started to develop, although easily brushed out with a baby toothbrush. My lashes didn't look thicker or longer, they just looked darker and that was about it.

on 8/7/2009 2:06:00 AM

the best mascara ever,been using it for atleast 6 years now,and love it,i already have long lashes,but this adds volume,i get compliments on my lashes all the time,people think im wearing falsies.highly recc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this mascara:) the packaging is nice and it was really cheap, only about five dollars. It doesn't irritate my eyes or anything and it stays on pretty well. Definitely one of my favorites.

on 7/29/2009 10:29:00 AM

My mother always said the key to a good mascara is a good brush. :) and she is soo right. i love this product, great for an everyday mascara, very quick to apply and it looks great even after a hard day at work.

Basics

Brush - best i have found yet, dense short spiraling bristles, get right to the root with no mess.

Smell - smells like a sweeter version of witch hazel.

Coverage - excellent

Color - i have very black and think it is fantastic!

I have found i have little to no clumping with this mascara even when applying it half asleep in the morning.

okay rave over!!!! hehe. great product

additional: over a period of weeks of using this i have found it drys out fairly quickly and begins to clump.

on 7/22/2009 10:14:00 AM

It is good, it stays on and it really gives you the volume and little bit of length, but the biggest problem for me was that it NEVER dries! After applying only one coat, it was still sticky even though hours have passed. It is a big problem for me, so I give it a 2.

on 7/12/2009 12:32:00 AM

This is my HG mascara but it could be due to the fact that i have very fine, thin, lashes. This mascara lengthens, never clumps, and never flakes. I have a beautiful natural look in a few coats :) This is the only mascara that i feel great about using alone with my routine cat-eye for those days when I'm running late. Easy to remove and holds up all day.

on 7/10/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought Iíd contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

This is a good mascara. If you canít get hold of Full & Soft then this would be my next recommendation. It retails in the UK. The brush is thick and curved but I donít think it actually helps to curl your lashes but is better to use than a straight brush. It is easy to apply close to the lashline and as you wiggle it up your lashes it covers well. Lashes appear longer and thinker. Try it, you'll like it.

on 7/3/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

one of my favourite mascaras!
what can I say - it does everything I want a mascara to do
volumises, lengthens, thickens, just wow

I use Volum' Express as a volumiser after using Avon Super Full, and it works like a dream, it doesn't clump, and it doesn't give that horrible spidery effect either, and since i have quite short and baby - soft lashes, this mascara lengthens them and makes them stand out more. I love it :)