April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by xxpuppetxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

the best mascara ever,been using it for atleast 6 years now,and love it,i already have long lashes,but this adds volume,i get compliments on my lashes all the time,people think im wearing falsies.highly recc.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by heytherechica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara:) the packaging is nice and it was really cheap, only about five dollars. It doesn't irritate my eyes or anything and it stays on pretty well. Definitely one of my favorites.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jetstar

My mother always said the key to a good mascara is a good brush. :) and she is soo right. i love this product, great for an everyday mascara, very quick to apply and it looks great even after a hard day at work.

Basics

Brush - best i have found yet, dense short spiraling bristles, get right to the root with no mess.

Smell - smells like a sweeter version of witch hazel.

Coverage - excellent

Color - i have very black and think it is fantastic!

I have found i have little to no clumping with this mascara even when applying it half asleep in the morning.

okay rave over!!!! hehe. great product

additional: over a period of weeks of using this i have found it drys out fairly quickly and begins to clump.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Belamcanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is good, it stays on and it really gives you the volume and little bit of length, but the biggest problem for me was that it NEVER dries! After applying only one coat, it was still sticky even though hours have passed. It is a big problem for me, so I give it a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by spokadoka

This is my HG mascara but it could be due to the fact that i have very fine, thin, lashes. This mascara lengthens, never clumps, and never flakes. I have a beautiful natural look in a few coats :) This is the only mascara that i feel great about using alone with my routine cat-eye for those days when I'm running late. Easy to remove and holds up all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought Iíd contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

This is a good mascara. If you canít get hold of Full & Soft then this would be my next recommendation. It retails in the UK. The brush is thick and curved but I donít think it actually helps to curl your lashes but is better to use than a straight brush. It is easy to apply close to the lashline and as you wiggle it up your lashes it covers well. Lashes appear longer and thinker. Try it, you'll like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by itshyorish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my favourite mascaras!
what can I say - it does everything I want a mascara to do
volumises, lengthens, thickens, just wow

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sprinklysherbet

I use Volum' Express as a volumiser after using Avon Super Full, and it works like a dream, it doesn't clump, and it doesn't give that horrible spidery effect either, and since i have quite short and baby - soft lashes, this mascara lengthens them and makes them stand out more. I love it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by savannamarie21

I hate this mascara. HATE it! I heard it was supposed to be excellent but I got home and tried it and it started falling out within 2 hours! I was so disappointed. My friend bought it a few weeks later to try it out and she said the tube broke off and mascara went everywhere. It's just a horrible product. I hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by kolarija

In high school this was my hg mascara. People would come up to me all the time and tell me how long and beautiful my lashes were. I really loaded the product on and combed with a pin. However after high school I started buying designer makeup. Love Tarte and Buxom lash mascaras. Lately I have tried to go back to this to save money, remembering how much I loved it and it was clumpy as heck! I was so disapointed. Def. didn't live up to more expenisve mascras. VERY clumpy. I even comb my lashes first. To get rid of the tube I have been doing just a quick single coat when I go to the gym and don't really try to make my lashes look nice. Not clumpy if you do one coat, but as soon as you try to make it more dramatic it's a disaster.