November 22, 2014 | 1607 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Cecilology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For me, this stuff is magical even though it smells like what I would imagine the offspring of licorice all sorts and tea tree oil would smell like for a while after application. It reduces the redness and swelling of blemishes, and within an hour I usually see an improvement. 1-2 days of regular application and it's generally gone. It helped get rid of a cycle of cystic acne that had been occurring along my hairline for close to 4 months and warded off my usual period middle of the forehead zit. It keeps my skin under control.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by smittenkitten6196

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros: Works reasonably well (reduced the size of a stubborn blemish I've had for over two months, but did not totally eliminate it), a small amount of product is enough to make a difference, results visible after one overnight application,

Cons: Horrible scent (it smells the way Good & Plenty licorice candy tastes)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product when I was almost through with the Murad spot treatment and was looking for a less expensive alternative. At $8 it is very reasonable. It's also sold all over so the chances of finding a coupon or sale are pretty high.
I purchased a set with a sample size and it made such an improvement in my skin that I have since purchased and used 3 in full size. I go through them really fast, but since its actually working as i have fewer blemishes I use less.
The smell is awful. The texture doesn't feel oily. I don't really like the roll on packaging but I can't think of a better way to package it either. It soaks in quickly. It really dries out blemishes.
I even used it on a cut that was getting infected and would not heal on my knuckle and it killed the infection and dried up the woundnow i can see that new skin is growing and not scar tissue.

I'm still trying other products that I had already purchased and am determined not to waste, but I think when those treatment systems are done I'll be back and loyal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YES!!! i used this last nite n i must say the acne i was tryin 2 diminish is SO much smaller bc of this lil roller. i love it. the smell is totally black licorice but it disappears after a few min. i just rolled it on after wash, tone then moisturized after. LOVE IT!! big difference 4 sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by GinnyKiyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Texture: Light, not oily at all

Scent: Liquorice/herb like, very refreshing

Pros: Easy to use, natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, parsley, wilowbark extracts (helps reduce inflammation). These ingredients won't harm my skin in the long run.

Con: Not enough product. I found I used it really quickly and I only apply it twice a day.

EDIT: The roller got infected with bacteria. Until they fix this, please don't buy this. Unless you plan to clean the roller each time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle. It's pretty good but it's not a miracle worker. Thinking about trying their acne serum and am supposedly getting a free bottle in the mail...don't know WHEN though :P

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pooot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a long time ago to apply onto my ear because I heard it would help heal the bump I got from my cartilage piercing. Instead, I ended up with several little bumps on my ear. I also heard it would help with my cystic acne, so I thought I would give it another shot on my acne, but the same thing happened! Small little bumps on the area I applied it to. I don't know what is in it that is causing this reaction on my skin =(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This Product is simply amazing. I'm prone to painful cysts. This has kept my skin under control. Its also brightened my skin and helped clear scarring from past break-outs. My skin is now more even and clear!!! Its worth every penny to me. Ive tried drugstore treatments, pro-activ and NOTHING has worked for me like this blemish stick. Its a miracle treatment and 100% natural! It is a staple in my daily skin routine. You have to try this. It tends to dry skin out a bit so I use clinique moistutre surge after I treat my skin morning and at night. Works wonders for me, hope it works for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been plagued with monstrous neck cysts for as long as I can remember. Even though my facial skin is clear most of the time (with the exception of mild rosacea outbreaks), I'm STILL constantly battling these neck cysts. I'm pretty certain they're hormonal and they sometimes last for months on end. I've passed this product in Wal-mart lots of times, read the ingredient list and set it back down. I didn't think it would be very beneficial since I've tried loads of salicylic acid-based products with unimpressive results, but I was at my wit's end and decided to just try it. I'm SO glad I did. This is the best blemish treatment I've EVER tried. I put this on the first night and by the next morning, 2 of my cysts (that had been hanging around for about 4 months already) had come to a head! I couldn't believe it. Every time I feel a blemish coming, I use this right on the spot and it actually stops it in its tracks. I haven't had a new blemish ever since I started using this last month! That's amazing for my skin. It burns at first and it has a weird anise candy smell, but with these results, it could smell like dog poo and I'd still use it on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Sweetmeli

Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick is amazing. I've been looking for a cure to my forehead acne for ages. I was at my local drug store when I saw the last one of the shelf. I didn't know if it worked so I didn't buy it. I went home to search up some reviews and they were mostly positive. I went back to the store to pick it up, and someone had already bought it. A little while after, I went to the States to do some shopping, I stopped by target and saw some Burt's Bees products for sale [not -on- sale]. They had this stuff so I quickly bought one. I used it 3 times a day and it does sting a bit if you pop your pimples and stuff. It works WONDERS. It smells a bit funny and herbal, but you'll get used to it. Use it as often as you want, the more frequently, the better. I'm sooo glad I discovered this product because it's saved my life.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No