Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 1/30/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My mom bought this product for me but it didn't do anything for my skin. This was really drying and didn't help my acne at all.

on 1/23/2011 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I thought this toner would be a great alternative to Lancome's alcohol-free toner but I was very disappointed when it didn't measure up at all. The packaging is a nightmare and makes it very hard to not pour too much toner onto your cotton pad. There was something in this that irritated my skin. (Those with sensitive skin should be careful!) I also did not like the scent of this toner and wish they would make a scent-free version of this. This toner had no special effect on my skin but served its function. I will finish the bottle but I will definitely not re-purchase even if it is dirt cheap.

on 1/23/2011 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This toner for me forever has me asking myself, "Do I really need this?" Now, what drew me to it in the first place was the fact that I felt like a toner was necessary for my skincare regimen and most other toners/astringents had too much alcohol in them which dried my skin out. I saw this was alcohol free so I bought it.

The thing about this product. I like it. It's nice as long as I don't use too much (I usually do) but even then I just take another cotton ball and swab my face with it to get rid of excess. It takes away residue and whatnot that my other products have left behind and it doesn't dry out my skin. Awesome. But really...do I need it? No idea. I moved for college and since the closest drugstore is on campus and prices are inflated the question becomes even more important. I'd have to say...for now, no. Considering that it's still debated on whether we even need toner or not (most dermatologists give the nay, although the jury's out on oily skin types) it makes no sense for me to pay almost ten dollars (!!!) for something that may not even make a difference in my skin's appearance/health.

If you're into toners however, and you want something that you can be sure will help your face, let me suggest two words for a low cost surefire:

Witch. Hazel.

on 1/22/2011 11:57:00 PM

I like this toner a lot. It removes any foundation that I have left on my face after washing, and it retains the moisture on my face. I don't really care for the smell, but it's not offensive or anything. It does leave my face a little sticky, but after a couple of minutes, the stickiness goes away a little. It doesn't burn or irritate my face at all, and I have not broken out from it. I don't love it, but I do like it. It's the first toner I've ever used, so I can't really compare it to anything else.

on 1/22/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

PROS: not as fragrant as other drug store toners such as Nivea; no coloring, locks in moisture; doesn't cause irritation; have been using this for at least 10 years now.
CONS: can't think of one.

Re-stocked my supply recently for $7.99 CDN b4 taxes on sale. This is a standard toner for budget conscious people looking for products without coloring, strong fragrance, or much irritants.

on 12/29/2010 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this toner! It's very refreshing and is great for removing excess dirt and makeup that washing missed. Plus it doubles as an eye makeup remover, so that's a definite plus!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Ugghhhh nothing about this product works for my skin. It's a no go for me. It was drying and my skin type is normal so all I was looking for was something not terrible. NO

on 12/10/2010 11:01:00 PM

I'm on the fence with this product. I kind've used it on its own in the morning when I was using a harsher scrub wash at night for a while, and as a second step after the fresh foaming cleanser for a while, and now that it's almost empty it kind of just sits.

It does a good job of taking away any residue left behind after cleansing, but I'm not sure - and I always have this problem with toners - that it actually does anything. It's not drying like most toners, which is nice.

on 12/2/2010 10:30:00 PM

I thought I give this a try because it was alcohol free and cheaper then the Shiseido toner I've been using. Well bad idea! I started getting dry patches of skin around my mouth and on the side of my temples. The only plus is that it was able to remove any traces of makeup I have left after cleansing (then again so did my last one) but STILL, skip this toner all together if you have dry skin!

on 11/28/2010 8:08:00 PM

Love this toner! Helps keep my oily T-Zone in check, yet doesn't dry out the rest of my face and leaves it feeling fresh and clean!