October 2, 2014 | 928 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this toner! Helps keep my oily T-Zone in check, yet doesn't dry out the rest of my face and leaves it feeling fresh and clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by swc868

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have normal/combination skin type. This toner does not dry out my skin like most other on-shelf brands. Left skin clean, refreshed and supple. Slightly scented, nice smell. Suitable for all seasons. I wouldn't advise on spending too much of one's skincare budget on toner, since its main function is to clean out any residue that didn't get cleansed in the wash, and prepare the skin with the right pH for subsequent skincare procedures (so make sure you use it along with a cotton pad, in order to carry off the residue, instead of simply patting it on with your hands). Save the job of whitening, pore tightening, moisturizing, etc. for serums and moisturizers; you would get a better investment this way. I have used other toners by expensive brands such as Lancome, Avene, Vichy, Shiseido Seikisho, etc., and this Neutrogena toner works just as nice. Great price for such a quality product! A definite staple in my skincare regime.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I've only been using this for about a week until I bought my Purity by Philosophy cleanser which already tones, but that's beside the point. This toner has an interesting smell which might bother most people.. but I'd much rather use my previous Loreal toner than this one. This doesn't refresh as well and it feels as though there's a film over my face. I think it made me break out too, but it was too soon to tell. Nay to Neutrogena products in general in my opinion. Wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by anewcuckoo

I bought this along with Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming face wash to help aid in the acne and clogged pores I was getting from using Cetaphil's face wash w/ witch hazel toner after. And this combined with the face wash totally helped clear up my skin. It has become a stable. I use this every night after I wash my face, it feels like it helps remove any residue left behind from the face wash and it puts moisture back into my skin. I then apply Neutrogena's anti-wrinkle night cream that I just love! When i wake up I have great skin! In the morning, I splash my face with water, pat dry, and then use the toner. This routine has helped me with breakouts. I still do get the occassional zit. But they dont stick around for too long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I like to buy makeup and skincare at the drugstore because I hate having to go to the mall when I ran out of stuff. Drugstores are everywhere and convenient and besides,they are cheaper. 10 years ago I would never buy makeup and skincare at the drugstores because quality isn't as good as it is now. Some of the products in drugstores now are actually better than department store brand minus the fancy packaging.

Anyway, I like this toner. I paid about $8 at walgreens and it's the only toner I buy at the drugstore because it doesn't leave my skin dry and red after using. I've tried all toners at the drugstore because there aren't that many. This one doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the skin and it dries fairly quick in the winter time when the air is drier. In the summer, I have to wait a little longer. I like the clean scent the comes with it. I like how my moisturizer absorbs quicker when I use this toner. For the price, I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been a wonderful toner for me through and through. I have annoyingly sensitive skin that does not get irritated with the use of this. It takes a little longer to dry than most toners but well worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This toner is ok. I like that it's gentle and doesn't sting or irritate the skin. It doesn't seem to do much for my skin as far as tone and clarity, though, which is why I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by makeup_lover6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have VERY sensitive skin that reacts easily with most harsh toners/cleansers out there, but this one is very gentle and doesnt cause irritation while still doing its job of cleaning your skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by liltweety

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ihave been using this fpr over a year and i wont use anything else. alcohol free is the way to go!!! other toners make my skin tight and dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mm'k so I'm going to go ahead and break it down for ya! This toner works. . . well I suppose that depends on what your definition of "works" is riiight? This toner effectively gets out that dirt/grime thats hiding in your little pores. It will get it ALL out and your skin will feel amazingly clean! I tried this for the first time about 6 months ago, and I have to admit I was a little skeptical about it actually working without any ALCOHOL(which is what is used in most toners). So anyway, it works woderfully! Just squirt enough of the toner onto the cotton ball-- if a stream starts to form, that's too much! :) Rub the face and neck gently, and let it dry before you put on any moisturizers or makeup. If you do this on a daily basis, your skin will be in much better condition than those who need alcohol based toners. Some people have the tendency to overwash/tone/etc. If that works for them, well that's fabulous! But i used to BE one of those people, and it wasn't until I discovered my oily face was oily because I was scrubbin' my face dry, so my face just kept pumpin even more oil out there to combat the dryness. So at least try this toner (u know it won't dry out the skin, and u know it's an effective cleanser for the dirt and debris that's down in ya faaaace). Don't expect any froo froo bottles or for it to minimize your pores or for it to even your skintone. But that's what pore minimizer creams and serums are for, right?!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No