October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very good coverage.

CONS: This runs on my oily eyes if I don't use a powder suitable for eyes to set it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is worth the hype! I ordered this concealer in Light/Medium and at first I thought it was going to be too light for my NC30 skin tone. Initially, it does go on pretty light, but since I use this to brighten up my eyebags and inner corners, I I can get away with using a light concealer. If I had bought this to cover up scars or pimples, then I think I would go with a slightly darker shade. I do think that after a little while, the color changes slightly (somehow darkening a little bit) and matches with my skin better. The consistency is really wonderful because while it offers great coverage, it's also super blendable and doesn't feel heavy at all. After it settles onto my skin, the finish is very natural -- not cakey and does not accentuate any fine lines. One thing I don't like is the packaging. It's clear plastic and cheap-looking. The sides of the jar are rather high considering that the product itself only takes up half of the container anyway. It also came with this little circular sponge that I didn't know what to do with. I guess it can be used to apply the concealer, but I prefer to use my ring finger. I know this is expensive ($18 at Sephora), but it's worth the splurge for such a lovely product that I can use everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i use this only for acne scars and blemishes. it's great for scars, it covers them nicely. and it stays put for a long time. however, it doesn't cover whiteheads and other raised blemishes well, which is mainly what i need concealer for. it also looks cakey and doesn't have as much coverage (not only on blemishes, but scars as well). i think a liquid concealer would work better for blemishes than a cream.
i've also tried to use this on my undereye area, but it's too thick to go on smoothly without tugging and pulling. but i don't recall too much creasing.
the packaging is also really cheap looking. it's nothing special at all. not worth $18.
i will use it until i run out, but won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by nad1a

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really don't like this product, its very thick and it pop up my under eye fine line. i'll def. going to stop using it and i regret for buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by newkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this concealer for undereye circles!!

I have terribly dark circles under my eyes so an undereye concealer is a must. Unfortunately with most undereye concealers there is a trade off: either itís heavy enough to cover your circles but it ends up settling in my fine lines OR it doesnít settle in the creases but is too light to cover my dark circles (like YSLís). Time Balm is amazing though because itís the best of both worlds and lasts all day!

I apply it with either my finger or a brush and always set with pressed powder (a must for any cream based concealer). My suggestion is to use a lot less than you think youíll need; a little bit goes a long way and if you add too much it will crease.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticConfessions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is currently my HG concealer! As someone with dark circles and redness around my nose, I am a big concealer user and this does a great job of covering both. It is thick and opaque but spreads evenly and is fairly long lasting. I use this literally every day and I have had the same pot for over a year and there is still a bit left! Some downsides to this product is the terrible packaging (I like pots but this looks super cheap and mine broke even though I didn't drop it or anything) and the shade range is pretty limited. I'm not sure I will ever find the perfect concealer but this one is the best I have tried thusfar and I have tried a lot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on a concealer quest and this is one that I tried. Its peachy tones make it good for covering dark circles, but I find the texture difficult to blend without pulling on the difficult skin under my eyes. It also seemed to settle into fine lines and make them more obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by aufabiana

Ive been using this concealer and their foundation for about 2 years now. I love it for its versatility, depending on how it is used, it can go sheer to opaque in seconds. I tend to mix it with a light moisturizer to sheer it out and the results are always satisfying.

The downside is that the product does seem to shift through the day, especially if applied under the eyes. Its not a miracle product and does need to be touched up.

Also their color selection is limited and may not be suitable for all skin colors.

But through its flaws, I do find the concealer to be highly affordable and does an amazing job in covering under eye circles and blemishes. I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by CrudeAsphyxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pro: Thick concealer for very stubborn circles
Stays on all day
Skin looks better
Works well on other blemishes

Con: Too orange on my skin (even with lightest of the light option available)
Waxy/Oily feeling
Terrible packaging decision (product gets really dirty) and like another user said.. reminds of a $0.99 product.
Price

This is a great concealer. I purchased it after looking for something to cover my hideous beatdown looking circles.
I absolutely loved it at first. Great even coverage and it worked well under my Bare Minerals

Eventually it started looking too orange on my skin and the product started getting really dirty even though I always clean my concealer brush. The little pad that comes with it disintegrated. I think it started drying out as it started caking even after moisturing and putting on my primer. I still have this concealer and really only use it now as a last resort. I havent thrown it away as I shelled out $18.00 for it. I would give it away but Im the fair one in my group of friends.

I personally would not buy this again because I just dont like it on me and its a bit expensive. I have recomended this concealer to my girlfriends though and they liked it and it works well for them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is probably the best concealer I have come across. It has a lot of shades and it has a very natural finish to it.
It is based on beeswax. I think my biggest issue with conealer is that they are usually wax or oil based if you want them to have staying powder but if you have a water based foundation it doesn't stay.
I had used Bobbi Brown prior to that - waaaaaay to chemically (if that's a word) and Napoleon Perdis which just felt like it was based on petroleum/mineral oil.
I don't like that this product comes in a pot as it is a terrible way to keep it clean. It has great coverage though.
Update: I downgraded this from a 4 to a 3 rating because I found that the product made me quite oily on spots of hyper pigmentation and that it was not staying as an under eye concealer. Shame. It is not suitable as a no-fuss daily concealer but certainly does the job for evening events. Also, the pot it comes is easily contaminated due to it's open and close nature. Not good for sensitive, acne prone skin