April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - Time Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is probably the best concealer I have come across. It has a lot of shades and it has a very natural finish to it.
It is based on beeswax. I think my biggest issue with conealer is that they are usually wax or oil based if you want them to have staying powder but if you have a water based foundation it doesn't stay.
I had used Bobbi Brown prior to that - waaaaaay to chemically (if that's a word) and Napoleon Perdis which just felt like it was based on petroleum/mineral oil.
I don't like that this product comes in a pot as it is a terrible way to keep it clean. It has great coverage though.
Update: I downgraded this from a 4 to a 3 rating because I found that the product made me quite oily on spots of hyper pigmentation and that it was not staying as an under eye concealer. Shame. It is not suitable as a no-fuss daily concealer but certainly does the job for evening events. Also, the pot it comes is easily contaminated due to it's open and close nature. Not good for sensitive, acne prone skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by snadypooh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after it was recommended to me by a girl working at Sephora. I haven't tried very many concealers but I do enjoy this one.
LIKES:
- I apply it with a little concealer brush and it almost "erases" my flaws. (But I don't use this on my under eye circles)
- It's portable and not messy.
DISLIKES:
- It gets a bit gunky in the container to the point where I sometimes need to wipe off the top layer to "reset" the container.
- The packaging looks like something from the dollar store.
- The price was a bit steep for me.
- Only covers smooth flaws well so my broken skin is left looking broken and red.
OVERALL: I wouldn't buy this product again because I just didn't like it enough to justify the cost and there are too many others to try!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very acne prone skin and this made me break out (too waxy). However, this would work well under my eyes to conceal my dark circles. The packaging is not very sanitary either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jhorne84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really bad genetic undereye dark circles. So far this is the best concealer that I have ever used. Covers circles really well, doesn't go cakey, light is the perfect colour for my pinky skin tone. My only complaint is that it wears off a little throughout the day other than that can't complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by face123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Great coverage, covers under eye circles and brightens the eye area like a dream. Make sure to get a shade lighter than your skin tone, it does wonders for such a small package.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

at first i was pretty mad at myself for purchasing this product over the internet, as the color (lighter than light) did not seem very light and it also seemed rather pink for my yellow skin tone. after a few applications though, it seems to blend well with my foundation. i use this product for my dark circles and it does a decent job lightening them up. i have very sensitive skin but none of the ingredients are bothering me so far. you cannot use a heavy layer of this product or it will fill into all of the little creases directly under your eyes. because of the creamy consistency, i would also be weary using this on blemishes, or really anywhere else on the face besides the eyes. overall, OK product but i probably won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I have been debating reviewing this for some time, as I was not completely sure of my opinion and still am not. I will start by saying this concealer is terrible on its own...crease city. However, with powderflage, its a dream. I find the coverage pretty good (again, as long as you set it...and I tried setting it with mineral powder but that was horrible...so far only powderflage has worked but I have ordered a cheaper silica product with high hopes). I guess it is moisturizing...its hard for me to tell because I'm battling some eczema around my eyes (not related to this and this doesnt irritate it at all...it covers the redness perfectly however does magnify the dry patches...like all makeup). I do think this complements the powderflage well as silica is drying. This is not as good as MAC studio finish (I especially hate the packaging!), but is definitely more moisturizing so it can be used well for light layering of the two. Overall, 3.5 - 4 and I recommend trying if you have dark circles, but use with a good setting agent or expect creases.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on MUA reviews and am disappointed with my experience with this product. I am very scent sensitive and one of the chemicals has a smell in this product that irritated my eyes to no end. I had itchy watery eyes and what I considered very light coverage for such a heavy feeling concealer. It is creamier than others I have tried but I could not get past the smell and mild burning sensation that accompanied it. Anyone with sensitive skin, I suggest you sample this product first. The packaging is very chintzy for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG concealer. I have had terrible dark circles all my life and have tried every concealer under the sun. Every once in a while I'm tempted to try a new latest and greatest concealer that's come out, and none are able to beat Time Balm. (Every time I try a new one, I do one eye in each and ask my friend which eye looks better without telling her which is which, and with out fail she picks the Time Balm eye.) The fact that it's supposedly good for your skin is a big plus because at 33 years old, I'm starting to worry about lines...

Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Leanne77

I was looking for an eye liner base (so that my eye liner doesn't come off, leave me looking like a panda) and was recommended this balm. Not only does a wonderful job of keeping my eyeliner in place, it also hides my occasionally blemish. It's a creamy texture that glides in smoothly. At the end of each day, it looks as good as if I've just put it on. Definitely not cakey as some reviewers reported. If you are looking for a concealer, do give this a try. It's a truly wonderful, wonderful product!! Although expensive, it worth the money spent.