October 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

After reading all the great reviews I hunted this one down at Walgreens. For me it's just an okay lip liner. It's darker than I hoped it would be, and it's not very natural looking on me, it makes me look a little matronly. I suspect that this color does go with quite a few things, but since almost all of my lip colors are lighter, I just don't wear it very often. Sometimes I layer it under light glosses to brighten it up a little but once this very long pencil runs out I probably won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

I had to see what the hype was about so I hunted this down at my local Walgreens. To me it's just another rosy-burgundy liner... I don't wear many deep colored lipsticks or glosses so this liner will be of virtually no use to me. At 99 cents it's super cheap though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I love this lipliner! I got it for free when I bought an eyeshadow trio. I love that fact that it lasts longer than other lipliners and it's also super long, so one of these should last for a very, very long time. The color in't really MLBB, it's a bit darker, but it goes so well with many lip products. I will repurchase this one for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by steph1304

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this lip liner for years. Even though the color is a little flat on its own, it works great under glosses and works with almost any lipstick. It is a great neutral for my very pigmented lips and flatters my PPP skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This unfortunately named but wonderfully priced liner is a nice surprise. It's not the same formula I remember from years ago - now, it's creamier, easier to use, and longer lasting. The brownish-brandy is perfect for under my plum and brown-toned lipsticks. An added plus is the length of this liner - it's longer than any other liner I own, and at a very, very small fraction of the price of my other liners - a mere dollar.

rated 0 of 5 on 4/9/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by palomino_jones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makes me look like a vampire cadaver. Sign me up for an X-Files episode.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Everyone says this is supposed to be a YLBB shade, but not for me. It was way, way too brown. The only thing I can wear it with is nudish-brown lipcolour, which I don't have much of despite having a warm complexion (berries & wines work on me too and I like them better anyway). My lips can't handle this colour on its own (I use Rimmel's 1000 Kisses lipliner in Wild Clover, which people usually say is too pink for them).

Other than that, it did tug a little, but it wasn't painful, just a little more difficult than what I'm used to to get on. When I used it all over my lips, it was a somewhat frightening copper shade (in fact, I'd describe the liner as bronze/copper in colour), but as someone said below, it would definitely help darken too-light lipsticks. It has a lovely, rich shimmer to it, as well.

I said I wouldn't buy it again because it didn't do much for me. At the price, it's good to have for my one or two nude lipsticks, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Lovee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read a lot of articles raving about this certain color so I was very excited when I finally bought it. However, I was dissapointed to find that compared to the other lipliner colors that I've used from this brand, it definitely tugged at the lips. Also, the color is not as visible against my medium skin tone. It's more of a sparkly pinkish shade and not matte-like as I was expecting it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Candice72

I've worn this shade off and on for years. I've fallen in love all over again since trying it with my new HG lipstick (MAC "O"). Wow, they're perfect together!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by utsensai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews for both #712 and #666, I decided to go with the #666 since I heard only great things about it. When I went to the store, the #712 looked more like a natural color for the lips while the #666 looked like a browner-than-your-lips color. I figured I didn't need another natural color since I have Natural from Jordana, plus the #666 is suppose to look lighter than what it seems.

Well, I have to say I am pleased with #666, but it's not my holy grail. It's more of a lipliner that you would use to darken up lipstick a tad. I put it on by itself and it came out a nice subtle shimmery brown (just the color it looks like). I then put on NYC's Sheer Red on top and it that darkened the red a little to make it a more glamorous night time shade.

By the way, I am a medium tan (in the winter), and tan (in the summer) Asian. I'm definitely a warm toned gal, BUT strangely enough, berry and wine colors look good on me as well. I would say 90% of pinks look bad on me.