April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Skincare - Face - Evian - le Brumisateur

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is overpriced mineral water in a spray bottle. BUT you can't beat the fresh, relaxing sensation of this product. It is a small luxury item that is a staple for me- especially in the summer. I'm not sure if it does much in the way of moisturization but my skin is fairly oily to begin with. My French grandmother and mother always kept a bottle on hand and I will continue to do the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by xujoanna

Okay. So it seems like I'm paying a ton of money for simply WATER. However, this product makes my face feel so refreshed and nice. I've almost went through a 150 mL bottle and just recently bought the (older?) 400 mL bottle when it was on sale for 12.50 at SDM. (The Best B4 Date is Dec, 09...but really, it's not problem for me to finish it). I use it not only to fix cakey / dry / flakey makeup but also for daily hydration when my face is begging for a drink. This (paired with a powder puff) is great for touch ups also!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seems silly paying $10 for a bottle of water but this stuff is really amazing.
The ultra fine mist works wonders with mineral makeup. It takes cakiness and dryness away immediately. The makeup melds with my skin and looks very natural, like I'm not wearing anything at all. I purchased the full size bottle and travel size to keep in my purse from nordstrom.
I like this better than mac fix+ because it doesn't make my face feel greasy at all. I applied it one time in the morning and my face still looks and feels perfectly moisturized 14 hours later.
Definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

ok as ridiculous I know this product is, I am completely in love!! Since its summer right now it feels sooo good to spray it on to cool off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by briannedahlin

I hope that I might save people some money by writing this review. Yes, Evian will give your face a dewy look and smooth out that cakey powder foundation appearance that some of us get. But, so will regular water.

MAC Fix+ at least has the additional ingredient of glycerin but Evian is literally just mineral water you spray on your face. It hardly makes it worth the price and there are no magical ingredients to make your makeup last longer, your skin look better or your complexion to look more glowy. It's just mineral water in a spray can, plain and simple.

Here's a cheap - and equally as effective - way to get the same results without buying the Evian OR the MAC Fix+.

Buy an atomizer - there are lots of places online to purchase one rather inexpensively (you can even get them on Ebay!). Buy a jug of mineral water or purified water at the grocery store (about $1 a gallon). Fill up the atomizer, and spray away.

This is another one of those instances where you are really paying for the brand name more than the product itself. I assure you that doing the "make your own" will work just as well (I use that method all the time, especially in the summer!). For an added boost of summery keep-coolness, keep your atomizer in the fridge! Pull it out after doing your makeup, before bed and anytime you feel like you just need a refresher!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this instead of using fix plus cause it's cheaper, but what I like even more is my aquafina hydrating facial spray. It does the same essential, has jojoba in it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by babyd0llx3

I alternate between this and my Fix + but I don't think Fix+ gives the refreshing and revitalizing feeling like Evian does. I love it - over makeup, on bare skin. It's so hot out here you can't help but love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this to get rid of the cakey look from wearing powders and for this purpose it works as it gives my face a dewy appearance. I also like that it releases a fine and continuous mist and is cheaper than Fix+. The overall finish makes my makeup look like it was airbrushed on so if you like the flawless look, then this or a similar finishing spray would be ideal. As I prefer a more natural look though, the finish was just a little too perfect and made-up for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i saw this when my makeup artist used this for me... when he applied this on my face, i felt really refreshed and my makeup applied smoothly, no flakes at all..plus my makeup stayed put all day.. i got a clean, smooth and glow face.. i love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I spray this on to set my powder and it's great.It really blends the makeup into my skin and totally takes away that powder look that i hate. Although this is just water and nitrogen I think.Doesnt bum me out because I get this at a shop where it is sold really really cheap.

UPDATE: apparently nitrogen cause cellular damage?! EEK I'm junking this stuff.