October 21, 2014 | 1470 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very pale so I have always been afraid of bronzers but this one seems to be perfect for me. It isn't too dark or orange and it's very buildable. I have the soft matte one which came in a palette with rose wood and nude rose blush. I use it with the nude rose blush and it's very soft and natural looking.
Even though it says matte there is some sparkle in the pan. I don't see it when I apply it though so I don't really get why there is any. I'm only using this for contouring so I'm sure it will last quite a while but I will definitely repurchase because it's so hard to find bronzers that work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

Quite simply my HG bronzer. I've been using it for years now and have yet to find another bronzer that compares. It's the color. No orange undertones or overtones for that matter. It's a red-bronze and that's exactly what I need. Yeah, I still keep trying new bronzers each year but always come back to this one. Everyone should at least try it. I have yet to see anyone it doesn't look good on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer. Purchased twice already. Gives a nice glow to my olive skin. Has just enough shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by liz75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my fifth EL Bronze Goddess! I've had it with shimmer, without shimmer, loose, pressed - you name it! I've shared it with my daughters, they've stolen it from me, I've replaced it, given some as gifts, you get the picture. I adore Bronze Goddess - it works on everyone of every skintone!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my favorite bronzer when i worked for EL, i also self tanned at that time and this bronzer worked nicely to smooth out my skin, its obviously too orange for my fair unself tanned skin now. I has fine barely noticible shimmer in the pan, but on me it didnt look like i had sparkles on my face, which i liked, i also tried the Elizabeth Arden bronzer and that one was very shimmery and sparkly. The Bronze Goddess did not ever turn orange or streaky on me in humidity, and had long lasting power, i would also sometimes while at work behind the counter apply my bronzer to the tops of my feet and legs if i was wearing a skirt that day, it lasted without transfering to the hem of my skirt. It also didnt ever irritate my sensitive skin, or dry it out, but at that time(2005) my skin wasnt as sensitive as it is today, and i think using the EL products sensitized my skin and gave me chemical burns, i had seen this happen to alot of my EL customers, they have ALOT of bad stuff in their skin creams like for one FORMALDEHYDE! I did not know this until a customer complained b/c of her chemical burns from using one of the anti-wrinkle creams, she threatened to sue the store and the company, i dont know what came of this. I also developed dermatitis and burns on my hands from demonstrating the products, i didnt know that was causing this until i quite, and stopped using the products. I also witnessed in front of my own eyes a fellow co-worker at another counter try on her hand an EL product and watched as her hand turned bright red and itchy! Be careful and investigate the ingredients before you buy and test if you can, and of course read reviews on MUA!! Anyway this is a good bronzer, Bonne Belle is quite similar to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the matte formulation. I do not like to have shimmer on my face unless I put it exactly where I choose to put it; just one of my quirks.
I love this bronzer. It's buildable and not streaky or orangy. It's finely milled and I really like that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice powder bronzer. It's not HG status for me, but this and MAC's Golden/Golden Refined are the closest I've come to HG in a bronzer, and I've tried alot!! I love how the compact is big, which means i can easily dip my bronzer brush in it and get an even application. This also lasts me a really long time, so although it's pricy, you only need to use a bit. My only problem is I need to use a light hand w/ this. I've gone overboard a couple of times and look like an orange oompa loompa. If used w/ a light hand though, this gives me a bit of gorgeous color to my otherwise pale skin. I would definitely repurchase this, as I'm already on my second compact!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the Soft Matte Bronzer as part of the Colour Spectacular set and I just can't say enough good things about this product. I love wearing bronzers all year round for contouring my cheekbones and have been looking for a good product. My search has finally ended. This is my favourite by far! It goes on so smooth and even, never streaky or overdone. The colour is perfect for my slightly tanned Asian skin tone. The staying power is decent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good matte bronzer. I was a little turned off by the price, but the product itself is great. The brush is actually not bad, considering that it's just a standard cheapie brush. I usually throw those away, but I keep this one around and use it for contouring. I would like to find a cheaper alternative, but I would repurchase this if I don't find something of a similar quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this bronzer for a couple years, I can't say this is the best bronzer I have ever tried but it IS one of the better ones. It gives a nice tan glow but it has a bit of sparkle in it which I don't like. I mean isn't bronzer supposed to make you look tan? Well real tans don't have sparkle so why are they made like that? I don't get it. I am not sure once I run out if I will repurchase because there are better bronzers out there for a better price.