April 16, 2014 | 893 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the Soft Matte Bronzer as part of the Colour Spectacular set and I just can't say enough good things about this product. I love wearing bronzers all year round for contouring my cheekbones and have been looking for a good product. My search has finally ended. This is my favourite by far! It goes on so smooth and even, never streaky or overdone. The colour is perfect for my slightly tanned Asian skin tone. The staying power is decent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good matte bronzer. I was a little turned off by the price, but the product itself is great. The brush is actually not bad, considering that it's just a standard cheapie brush. I usually throw those away, but I keep this one around and use it for contouring. I would like to find a cheaper alternative, but I would repurchase this if I don't find something of a similar quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this bronzer for a couple years, I can't say this is the best bronzer I have ever tried but it IS one of the better ones. It gives a nice tan glow but it has a bit of sparkle in it which I don't like. I mean isn't bronzer supposed to make you look tan? Well real tans don't have sparkle so why are they made like that? I don't get it. I am not sure once I run out if I will repurchase because there are better bronzers out there for a better price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by yg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the double compact and I really don't rate it,the consistency is quite good it doesn't go on patchy. But on my skintone(tan/olive) It just looks a tad orange I think this would look amazing on fair skinned girls but I would not buy this again especially as its quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by turquoiserose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a trial size of this, and still have a good bit left since I don't use it all the time. I really like it alot. It looks really natural on my fair skin even though it looks pretty dark in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by JuicyGlam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer. It looks dark in the pan but it comes on light on your skin. It's very buildable yet doesn't make you look cakey. I have naturally tan skin and it shows up on my skin very well. I have also used this on a friend of mine who has ivory skin and it looked amazing on her! I actually use this on my neck and chest as well and the color it gives me is wonderful. This stuff is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by CHANtyy

wow!
this is amazing. im 15 and completely in love with this.
its not to dark but it definately gives ur face a natural gloww.
it makes your skin glow, and ive earned many compliments(:
i have medium skin and in my opinion it looks greaat.
a musthavee!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by bronzexgoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I chose my user name after this bronzer, that should be enough said... I love this stuff. Doesn't break me out, makes me look tan and not orange, and has enough shimmer to it that it gives a nice glow but doesn't look sparkly. I miss the days when I worked at EL and got this stuff for free, bc it is pretty expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in "Soft Shimmer Bronzer" as part of a Bronze Goddess Palette. I was really looking forward to this to use it as a body hilighter/bronzer and ended up dissapointed.
(-) First, do NOT buy this in a palette, it powders off too much when using a brush over it and the color/powder will contaminate anything else in the palette
(+) the color is a pretty bronze. a brown with a hint of orange and gold.
(-) the formula made my (NC42) skin look like it had small black heads where ever I used it (which was only on my body). I could even (warning: this is gross) squeeze the product out of my pores. It was disgusting.
For that reason, I will never re-purchase. In summers to come, I will still be on a search for another body bronzer. I took out the eyeshadows that came with the compact/palette and threw the bronzer away. I REAL dissapointment.
If this doesnt clog yoru pores, the color is good & I would use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I'M REVIEWING THE SOFT MATTE BRONZER! * * Alright, I really like this bronzer. It is a brown with a mauve undertone and a slight, slight shimmer. So, it's not completely matte, but the shimmer didn't show up on my skin at all. I find that its really good for a contour. It darkens my face in a very natural way. You only need the littlest bit. I've tried other matte bronzers such as MAC Blunt powder blush, and it has a mauvey-purple undertone and it didn't work for me at all.. no matter how little I applied it still made me look muddy and bruised. This never makes me look that way. I wish the color was slightly more golden, but it's fine. A definite must in my bronzer collection :) UPDATE: I LOVE THIS AS A CONTOUR FOR MY CHEEK BONES!