Korres Body Butter - Guava

4.2

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Oil (Hybrid Sunflower), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii, Persea Gratissima Citral, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera), Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Parfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: This was my HG hand cream, even though it sometimes interfered with the perfumes I wear, until I found Nivea Smooth Indulgence Hand Cream :-) Because that works slightly better for me, is less expensive, and easier to find, I've switched over. I alternate this with Badger Unscented Healing Balm (see my review for this stellar product) as a heavier night-time balm depending on whether I want scented hands when I retire for the evening :-)
However, don't let that deter you from trying it. As I said it *was* my HG (for 2 years straight)! The scent is nothing short of divine (smells nothing like guava but is divine nevertheless); the pump bottle is ingeniously designed (you'll see what I mean when you buy it, LOL); and the texture is rich and thick and sinks in within 10 minutes or so (a tad greasy at first, but my skin drank it up quickly). The fact that it's a "natural" product doesn't hurt either!
Price: At $18 a bottle, I consider this pricey, but as an HG, I *was* willing to pay a high price for something that smelled so good and performed so well.
Packaging: Ingenious type of pump bottle ensures that you can get out almost every last bit of product! I would still consider buying it again :-) Who knows; it may become an HG product for some other part of my body that dries up as I age, LOL! continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is just superb, the scent is the sooo lush and divine, more coconut like then guava but addictive nevertheless. It has a lovely creamy butter texture that my skin loves. Moisturises wonderfully and good value as you only need a little product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

In my opinion, the best thing about this moisturiser is the scent -- sure, it doesn't smell like guava, but that doesn't mean it doesn't smell like heaven. It's incredibly moisturising, but it is quite thick, and a bit difficult to rub in. I used it as a hand cream, which I really don't recommend, as it is on the greasy side. It is this tendency to be greasy and slick that keeps me from re-purchasing, despite the fact that I dream about how wonderful it smells!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I LOOOOOOOOVE this butter!!! It is so rich and moisturizing and leaves my dry skin super soft with an amazing sheen. And the smell is divine. I almost got the yoghurt butter and glad I chose this one instead. I have become a new fan of this line. The price is not dirt cheap, but not as expensive as body butters from lines like Bliss that do not work as well. Will no doubt buy this again. Great find!

The best moisturizer on the planet. You can literally squeeze out this stuff in the size of a penny and it'll completely soften your hands! Love it love it love it!

I know why almost 80% of the reviewers LOVE this cream - IT ROCKS!
It's a very rich cream (hence the term "butter"), that moisturizes the dryest of skin and is perfect for the winter. The scent is not offensive at all and while not exactly like guava, it's very reminiscent of it. I'm not crazy about the pump dispenser as I feel it leaves excess cream I can't get to, but I've been using this for a couple years now and this won't stop me from using it!

I like this body butter. It has a rich and creamy feel, yet it absorbs well and moisturises for a long time.

I love the smell - it is fruity and tropical and rich, in a subtle way. It isn't too strong or weak, and it wears well, without being cloying.

It comes in either a pump bottle or a small, travel size tube, which is great. Apparently it comes in a jumbo size, but i have never been able to buy it as it is always "unavailable"

Got this as a gratis (to go size) and I have to say I'm impressed.

I have dry skin and usually I can tell whether or not a moisturizer works by scratching a section of my forearm in the morning to see whether or not it leaves that dry white mark.

Glad to say, this stuff works wonders. I did the scratch arm test and it didn't leave a white scratch mark. It doesn't smell bad either, but it just doesn't smell like guava. Smells more like almonds (one of the main ingredients) and coconuts mixed together.

Tested it again the next day with no re-application after a HOT shower. White scratch mark test? Passed with flying colors.

Great part is that it has a lot of Vitamin C and that the fifth ingredient is sunflower oil. Hydration to the max!

The 5.07 oz version is $21 at Sephora, which is not extremely pricey, but still more than I would like to pay. If you don't mind the price, Korres Guava Body Butter does the job well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Huh, well I hate to ruin the party here but I am NOT a fan of this lotion. It smells nothing like guava, rather, it has a cloying, stale, perfumy smell. smells vaguely of olive oil, or sun lotion, or fig, or maybe some mixture of the three. It is hard to rub in. It dies an OK job with moisturizing but for the price there are way better products out there. For example, Bliss naked body butter is way silkier, sinks in nicely and doesn't stink. even gold bond healing lotion is better than this. glad i only got the small tube. up for swap it goes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the smaller version of this - I absolutely love it. It smells nice, it sinks into my skin well and makes it feel soft. Downside? It's goes on a little shiny at first and it's more costly than what I like to spend. Having said that, I'll definitely repurchase when I'm in the mood to spoil myself.

Top Rated Korres Products