Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 11/5/2006 8:08:00 PM

Based on all of the postitive reviews here, I must be doing something wrong with this product. It hurt badly and left red marks on my face for the next week. The loops on each end were far too big to zero in on a single pore/blackhead. I was able to extract some gunk, but I could have done it with my fingers (w/ less pain and less redness!) I've never had a professional facial w/ extractions so I cannot compare. Maybe I just need to practice with this product, but owch does it hurt!

on 10/31/2006 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Disgusting/amazing. This is the way to really get all that crap out of your pores that despite cleansers, toners, and masks still is there clogging up your face. So GROSS when the junk comes out of the pore, yet oddly satisfying, and of course relieving because it's not on your face anymore. Works on whiteheads, blackheads, and big pores you're worried are clogged. I recently went on a weekend trip without this thing, and pined for it the whole time because my skin immediately freaked out. I hate to be practically dependent on a little piece of metal, but hey, my pores have never been cleaner so that's ok!

on 10/30/2006 12:58:00 PM

Found out about this from MUA, got hooked like so many others. I waited a long time to review this, because I was really afraid that it would leave my skin scarred in the long run. Now I've used it for about 1 1/2 yrs. Yes, it works as good as everyone says, and no, it hasn't left scars. I had blackheads on and around my nose for years, and no topical treatment had ever worked. This was the first thing that worked for me. I started out taking hot showers, using masks and steam to loosen up the pores for extraction. My broken capillaries are still there, so I've quit the steam habit for good. 1 or 2 times I got impatient and pressed really hard on a stubborn spot, and gave myself little cysts that did not go away for months. These may scar. It is so hard to be gentle in the beginning, so please listen to the warnings. Now I'm very very gentle. IMO, if it hurts, you're being too rough. You should feel mild pressure only. SKIP the magnifying mirror. My results didn't last when I used this. Blackheads would come back in a month or so. I have since learned about BHA products, which have really cleared up my skin for the long term. I use the tool maybe 1x a month or less. I don't have scarring, but my pores are still visible around my nose (though clear). I don't think that's from the tool. So, this is a terrific little tool, but it comes with a high potential for skin abuse! You must be careful no matter how bad you want perfect skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just bought this and it works great. it got almost all of my blackheads out! i didnt realize how easy and painless it could be because up until now i was picking and squeezing! its so gross that its cool and it hurts a little. i wish they made the side that scrapes your face a little smoother. i feel like im scaring my face when i do this or maybe im not? i cant believe how much gunk i pulled out. i dont have any whiteheads but blackheads are basically forming a nest around my temples! gross! on my first try i think i got about 10-15 blackheads out! i think the packaging should be a little more hygenic! they should put something around the loops to keep them clean from the plastic but oh well. just be sure to clean this when you are done, or its pointless when you go back to use it!

on 10/3/2006 7:03:00 PM

WONDERFUL....and so much FUN! It hurts so...GOOD! I had no idea how well this worked until because of MA reviews I tried it...holy cow! I wish I had more crap on my face to squeeze out! But my only warning: it HURTS. Scraping a thin metal rod down your sensitive skin so hard your pores explode is PAINFUL. (I torture my boyfriend's face with this whenever I can, too!)

on 9/13/2006 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have both the wire model and the earlier thin metal design. I have slightly better luck with the thin metal one, but it may just be a matter of practice. Disguisting and highly effective. Just be careful, extended or over-zealous use can cause more problems than they solve (i.e., cysts).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

im a notorious pimple picker and i get ugly scars that wont go away as a result of my squeezing....not anymore....its actually cool how the pus oozes out with this stuff....no bleeding too! its pretty cheap & i got this during the 10% off sale @ ulta

on 7/20/2006 5:38:00 PM

Nope. Didn't work for my blackheads.

What HAS worked, surprisingly, is my Clarisonic. Expensive but worth it, but when I DO get the occasional blackhead, I use my kit of dispoable lancets and gently "lance" the puppy out.

Simple but effective and no surrounding tissue damage!! Cross my heart!!! It's a little bit red but goes away!!!

Digusting and BRILLIANT. I won't repeat what almost all other reviewers have said, but whenever a zit begins to form a whitehead I pop it with the flat end and have amazing results! Make sure to go over it two or three times, though, because more oil will sometimes come out with a bit of blood. Swipe the popped zit with some rubbing alcohol to disinfect and enjoy knowing it won't scar :D Now I have to go out and buy a magnifying mirror to sit down and have some fun with my blackheads. Get this even if you think it won't work. Do it right and it's magic!

on 7/3/2006 11:06:00 AM

Just as disgusting, addictive, and wonderful as other reviewers have said. It did take me a bit to get the hang of it, but once you do, you can use it very efficiently. I don't really have whiteheads and haven't used that loop, but the blackhead loop is great for clearing gunk out of clogged pores. I just zero in on the pore I want to target, place the loop just slightly above it, and then press down while moving the loop over the pore. (Bit of trivia - pores grow downward, which is why you need to use this thing in a downward motion for best results.) You'll be amazed and utterly grossed out by what comes out of your pores. This works far better than using your fingers, won't leave red marks (at least not lasting ones) like using your fingers, and allows you to target blackheads that are too small to get with your fingers. Seriously, get this, practice a bit, and then thank your lucky stars for MUA product recs. I am.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools