November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ahota84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WONDERFUL....and so much FUN! It hurts so...GOOD! I had no idea how well this worked until because of MA reviews I tried it...holy cow! I wish I had more crap on my face to squeeze out! But my only warning: it HURTS. Scraping a thin metal rod down your sensitive skin so hard your pores explode is PAINFUL. (I torture my boyfriend's face with this whenever I can, too!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have both the wire model and the earlier thin metal design. I have slightly better luck with the thin metal one, but it may just be a matter of practice. Disguisting and highly effective. Just be careful, extended or over-zealous use can cause more problems than they solve (i.e., cysts).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

im a notorious pimple picker and i get ugly scars that wont go away as a result of my squeezing....not anymore....its actually cool how the pus oozes out with this stuff....no bleeding too! its pretty cheap & i got this during the 10% off sale @ ulta

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LandofAhz

Nope. Didn't work for my blackheads.

What HAS worked, surprisingly, is my Clarisonic. Expensive but worth it, but when I DO get the occasional blackhead, I use my kit of dispoable lancets and gently "lance" the puppy out.

Simple but effective and no surrounding tissue damage!! Cross my heart!!! It's a little bit red but goes away!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by diremaidenfair

Digusting and BRILLIANT. I won't repeat what almost all other reviewers have said, but whenever a zit begins to form a whitehead I pop it with the flat end and have amazing results! Make sure to go over it two or three times, though, because more oil will sometimes come out with a bit of blood. Swipe the popped zit with some rubbing alcohol to disinfect and enjoy knowing it won't scar :D Now I have to go out and buy a magnifying mirror to sit down and have some fun with my blackheads. Get this even if you think it won't work. Do it right and it's magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by WhateverDude

Just as disgusting, addictive, and wonderful as other reviewers have said. It did take me a bit to get the hang of it, but once you do, you can use it very efficiently. I don't really have whiteheads and haven't used that loop, but the blackhead loop is great for clearing gunk out of clogged pores. I just zero in on the pore I want to target, place the loop just slightly above it, and then press down while moving the loop over the pore. (Bit of trivia - pores grow downward, which is why you need to use this thing in a downward motion for best results.) You'll be amazed and utterly grossed out by what comes out of your pores. This works far better than using your fingers, won't leave red marks (at least not lasting ones) like using your fingers, and allows you to target blackheads that are too small to get with your fingers. Seriously, get this, practice a bit, and then thank your lucky stars for MUA product recs. I am.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 4:14:00 PM More reviews by BGR8FUL

I wasn't sure this would work any better than the Revlon tool I've had for years, but it definitely does! It takes a bit of getting used to, though (would be nice if it came with more detailed instructions, or even a how-to video). For me, the keys are making sure the blemish is fully developed (either whitehead fully showing or blackhead slightly raised) and that my skin is primed (after a long, hot shower works best, but I sometimes use this at night after washing my face to let the redness subside before going public). The whitehead technique is more push and drag sideways, while the blackhead technique is more push straight down. I'm often surprised at how much gunk will easily come right out of a blemish when I do it right. When I do it wrong, however, I've made blemishes way worse and/or left a big red mark. Definitely still room for improvement in my technique, but I also need to be mindful that I'm not using this too often to lessen the stress on my skin. Afterward, I like to use an alcohol-based toner to tighten up my pores as well as to clean the tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by g_ancheta

Just bought and used this today, all i have to say is, it works GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by peachy_snapple

AMAZING! Of course all of tweezerman's products are amazing but this is the most amazing of the amazing! I have two of these and it seems like the more recent model is thicker, I like my thinner one better since it doesn't hurt as much and works better. I usually steam my face beforehand so everything will come to the surface and then follow up with queen helene's mint juliep mask. Sometime's i'll use mario badescu's silver powder, though only when I have time to pamper myself. This tool extracts blackheads with no problem, let's just say thanks to this.. I have practically none!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 3:56:00 AM More reviews by All_Work_No_Play

Oh YES YES YES!!! Call me a dork but til recently I wasnt a user of the metalic extractors b/cos I simply couldnt believe they would do a better job than... fingers wrapped in harsh cotton tissue (!) But reading all the reviews on MUA about the Tweezerman extractor, I thought to give it a try. Gosh, this thing works miracles! It's so easy to use (evern for a beginner dork like me), it doesnt leave scars and doesnt irritate excessively or leave red patches for days (well... only for like half a day!). It took off every little blackhead I had, even the very small ones on my nose that I've always hated and always had a big trouble getting them out. This thing is my new best friend ;-)