Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just bought this and it works great. it got almost all of my blackheads out! i didnt realize how easy and painless it could be because up until now i was picking and squeezing! its so gross that its cool and it hurts a little. i wish they made the side that scrapes your face a little smoother. i feel like im scaring my face when i do this or maybe im not? i cant believe how much gunk i pulled out. i dont have any whiteheads but blackheads are basically forming a nest around my temples! gross! on my first try i think i got about 10-15 blackheads out! i think the packaging should be a little more hygenic! they should put something around the loops to keep them clean from the plastic but oh well. just be sure to clean this when you are done, or its pointless when you go back to use it!

on 10/3/2006 7:03:00 PM

WONDERFUL....and so much FUN! It hurts so...GOOD! I had no idea how well this worked until because of MA reviews I tried it...holy cow! I wish I had more crap on my face to squeeze out! But my only warning: it HURTS. Scraping a thin metal rod down your sensitive skin so hard your pores explode is PAINFUL. (I torture my boyfriend's face with this whenever I can, too!)

on 9/13/2006 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have both the wire model and the earlier thin metal design. I have slightly better luck with the thin metal one, but it may just be a matter of practice. Disguisting and highly effective. Just be careful, extended or over-zealous use can cause more problems than they solve (i.e., cysts).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

im a notorious pimple picker and i get ugly scars that wont go away as a result of my squeezing....not anymore....its actually cool how the pus oozes out with this stuff....no bleeding too! its pretty cheap & i got this during the 10% off sale @ ulta

on 7/20/2006 5:38:00 PM

Nope. Didn't work for my blackheads.

What HAS worked, surprisingly, is my Clarisonic. Expensive but worth it, but when I DO get the occasional blackhead, I use my kit of dispoable lancets and gently "lance" the puppy out.

Simple but effective and no surrounding tissue damage!! Cross my heart!!! It's a little bit red but goes away!!!

Digusting and BRILLIANT. I won't repeat what almost all other reviewers have said, but whenever a zit begins to form a whitehead I pop it with the flat end and have amazing results! Make sure to go over it two or three times, though, because more oil will sometimes come out with a bit of blood. Swipe the popped zit with some rubbing alcohol to disinfect and enjoy knowing it won't scar :D Now I have to go out and buy a magnifying mirror to sit down and have some fun with my blackheads. Get this even if you think it won't work. Do it right and it's magic!

on 7/3/2006 11:06:00 AM

Just as disgusting, addictive, and wonderful as other reviewers have said. It did take me a bit to get the hang of it, but once you do, you can use it very efficiently. I don't really have whiteheads and haven't used that loop, but the blackhead loop is great for clearing gunk out of clogged pores. I just zero in on the pore I want to target, place the loop just slightly above it, and then press down while moving the loop over the pore. (Bit of trivia - pores grow downward, which is why you need to use this thing in a downward motion for best results.) You'll be amazed and utterly grossed out by what comes out of your pores. This works far better than using your fingers, won't leave red marks (at least not lasting ones) like using your fingers, and allows you to target blackheads that are too small to get with your fingers. Seriously, get this, practice a bit, and then thank your lucky stars for MUA product recs. I am.

on 6/17/2006 4:14:00 PM

I wasn't sure this would work any better than the Revlon tool I've had for years, but it definitely does! It takes a bit of getting used to, though (would be nice if it came with more detailed instructions, or even a how-to video). For me, the keys are making sure the blemish is fully developed (either whitehead fully showing or blackhead slightly raised) and that my skin is primed (after a long, hot shower works best, but I sometimes use this at night after washing my face to let the redness subside before going public). The whitehead technique is more push and drag sideways, while the blackhead technique is more push straight down. I'm often surprised at how much gunk will easily come right out of a blemish when I do it right. When I do it wrong, however, I've made blemishes way worse and/or left a big red mark. Definitely still room for improvement in my technique, but I also need to be mindful that I'm not using this too often to lessen the stress on my skin. Afterward, I like to use an alcohol-based toner to tighten up my pores as well as to clean the tool.

on 6/11/2006 3:33:00 PM

Just bought and used this today, all i have to say is, it works GREAT!

AMAZING! Of course all of tweezerman's products are amazing but this is the most amazing of the amazing! I have two of these and it seems like the more recent model is thicker, I like my thinner one better since it doesn't hurt as much and works better. I usually steam my face beforehand so everything will come to the surface and then follow up with queen helene's mint juliep mask. Sometime's i'll use mario badescu's silver powder, though only when I have time to pamper myself. This tool extracts blackheads with no problem, let's just say thanks to this.. I have practically none!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools