Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of those products, that's really hyped up, but is totally worth it. It's a thick balm, with a lemony kind of scent, nothing too overpowering. It applies pretty smoothly, considering it's a balm. When applied, it doesn't feel sticky or tacky, and it's not shiny or glossy.. you can't really tell you're wearing anything.

It totally beats the 8 hour cream imo; it's more moisturizing, smells better and it's cheaper. Normally, when i wake up in the middle of the night, my lips would feel dry. But with this, that's not a problem any more; my lips stay moisturized till the next morning. By the way, i only use this at night, because it doesn't contain any spf (i use the Everon lip balm by Weleda for that).

My only complaint would be that it's kind of pricey for what it is. And it's not the most convenient packaging (glass). But still, i would rebuy this and would recommend it to people who are looking for a super moisturizing lip balm, and for whom normal lip balms just don't quite cut it. And it doesn't contain any petrolatum/mineral oil, yay!

on 2/28/2013 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

BEST lip balm I've used bar none. My usual balms are greasy, so they make my lips slick. They ease the feeling of chapping for a while, but when they wear off, my lips are still dry underneath. On the other hand, when I work just a touch of this balm well into my lips, my lips feel soft and conditioned even when it wears off, which is unheard of for me in the winter. Best of all, it is matte, so it causes no slippage and sheering of lipsticks, which is great! I will definitely buy this again, and will look out for the stick version which would be easier to carry around.
Thanks Nuxe!!!

on 2/24/2013 12:27:00 AM

After reading the positive reviews on this, I was actively on the lookout for it while traveling in Europe last year. I'm so happy I found it at the airport on the return flight home because this has become my HG lip balm! Another reviewer hit it on the mark with her review that it initially feels gritty but as I work in into my lips, it warms up and sinks in. I tend to have dry peeling lips, especially during the winter months, but this gem has completely eliminated the problem. I use it every night and I love that it's not greasy so it doesn't end up on my pillow like so many other lip products I've tried. I'd use it during the day, but it doesn't have SPF in it so I'll continue to use my Bobbi Brown SPF15 Lip Balm which is great under my lipsticks. Truly a must-have for me.

on 1/30/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

really good lip balm. It seems to last ages, which during the winter is a rarity. However, my flatmate had a bad reaction to it. Probably best to test it out before purchasing. Only negative thing for me is the pot.

on 1/20/2013 1:08:00 AM

Should probably be rated 3.5, but I'm feeling generous today.

This is the best lip balm I've used so far. Then again, that isn't really saying much because I've been highly dissatisfied with everything else I've tried. This product is decent, but I only really use it at night nowadays, as I find it leaves an annoying, very unattractive white residue on the corners of my lips, kind of like dried saliva or toothpaste... >_> Maybe I'm not rubbing it in thoroughly enough?

PROS:
- NOT at all shiny or glossy
- sufficiently moisturizing, for me at least (I live in a fairly cold climate for a good portion of the year, and I have a bad habit of licking/picking my lips; on the other hand, my lips rarely get extremely dry, e.g., to the point of cracking/bleeding)
- jar contains a lot of product; I've been using this everyday (and very generously) for > 4 months and I have less than 2/3 but way more than 1/2 of the jar left
- has a "luxurious" feeling...I suppose this is subjective...but at least it doesn't feel waxy or greasy like other balms I've tried. Other reviewers commented on the "gritty" texture. It really doesn't bother me; in fact, I barely notice it, unlike say, Lush's abominable "none of your beeswax" >_<

CONS:
- aforementioned residue in corners of lips
- doesn't absorb completely, so there's a layer that just sits on your lips. Annoying when you need to drink/eat.
- jar is quite bulky, and the extra bulk is completely decorous. Would much prefer a more streamlined design making it easy to stuff in slim purses.
- not too fond of the smell (it's pretty light), though am mostly indifferent. I can see how others might find it unpleasant.

on 12/28/2012 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The lip balm comes in a heavy glass jar with a white screw lid. The actual lip balm has a typical balm consistency, and I donít notice any grittiness. It goes smoothly on my lips, and it feels very comfortable, not sticky at all. The finish is matte, so this lip balm is definitely safe for men who think other lip balms are far too glossy. Also it works great under lipsticks due to the matte finish. It smells very softly of honey and citrus, but I havenít noticed any taste.

It gives a nice amount of moisture, though I donít feel like itís moisturizing enough for my lips. It is a lot better than any other lip balms Iíve tried to date (EOS, Badger Company, Carmex, Burtís Bees and Blistex), so I will definitely continue using it until I discover something better. I bought mine for £9.50, which seems to be very pricey for a lip balm. The jar contains a generous amount (15 grams) of product, so it will last for a long time.

Overall this is the best lip balm Iíve ever tried, but itís still not perfect. My lips feels softer and I havenít experienced any cracking while using this, but I really wish it was a touch more moisturizing. The packaging looks good, but I always apply my lip balm on the go, and it feels unhygienic to stick my dirty fingers into the product.

on 12/19/2012 1:12:00 PM

This is the best lip balm I've ever used. So far nothing beats even half of it. The smell is amazing.
I use it as a normal lip balm and also as a lip exfoliator (using the little bits). This is a must-try and must-buy!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I had been wanting to try this for a very long time. I was able to get it for a discount so I thought "why not?". I feel like this lip balm is best suited for healthy or slightly chapped lips. For instant pain relief, I use Jack Black or blistex lip medex. However, I love the luxe feeling of this balm and feel that it does actually penetrate the lips. I am also extremely picky about lip products. This certainly does live up to the hype. After only a few weeks, I have made quite a dip in the pot! The formula is just irresistable! I also love the smell.

Update: I still love this lip balm! It smeels amazing and really penetrates my lips. I recently tried the Weleda Everon lip balm and hated it! This is soooooooo much better.

on 12/6/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WHAAAAAAT? I dont know if the demo was too old, but it was grainy, smelled horrible, and was as thick as Crisco. One word: DISGUSTING.

on 12/5/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I adoreeee Nuxe! It does go on thick and slightly waxy but I quite enjoy the texture as a protectant. The ingredients and smell are lovely (pretty good for you stuff, I think? please correct me if I am wrong).

if its packaging weren't so cumbersome I would use it all day, although this is not to say that the packaging is bad! It adds to that luxurious effect with a pretty frosted glass tub. I put this on before bed and it stays put well into the next morning until breakfast.

Update: I now own 3 tubs of this. One is by my bed, one in my purse and one at my office desk - I am completely addicted and in love after months of having this. I live in a cold climate which makes my lips chap and peel easily, but wearing this every night before bed really helped the issue. I wake up with soft, healthy lips every day (just remember to exfoliate every once in a while!).

The first tub I purchased that I had lost then found, experienced that grittiness you read about in reviews can be rubbed in and melt away. The tub I carry in my purse and use more regularly is consistently soft, smooth and easily wearable.

ANOTHER Update: Look up Nova Scotia Fisherman Xtreme Lip Care. Not as pleasant/pretty as Nuxe but boy does it work for a fraction of the cost!

Popular Lip Treatments