September 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Marsaries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm never without this - one on my nightstand, one in my purse, at all times.

If you have chipped or dry lips, this will take care of them in no time. Leaves lips smooth, hydrated ans plump and the ingredients are all natural - no oils, petroleum, etc like most chapsticks on the market.

I find that the only other lip balm that comes very close to this is the original Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

I use this after my Bliss Fabulip scrub most days and I find it to be the perfect combination for healthy and smooth lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by kebiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have extremely dry lips and need to apply a lip balm every few hours or my lips would start to hurt. This is amazing because it stays on for a really long time, even after eating! So I don't have to re-apply as often. Best lip balm I have found so far!

However, don't think my lips would ever be completely 'healed' by anything. I use this at night before I go to bed and when I wake up I can still feel that it's on my lips. I don't use this when I go out though because I don't like to dip my fingers into the pot, and the pot is quite large and heavy, so I still use my regular stick lip balms when I'm out.

It is quite expensive in Singapore but I managed to get it on sale for half price! I probably would not repurchase it unless it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product works really well to heal and smoothe out dry and chaped lips. It's a very thick salve and you only need a little bit. I also like that fact that it's not glossy or greasy at all and it has a nice smell.

I also use a little bit of this everyday as an eyebrow wax.
I put a little bit on the back of my hand and use an eyebrow brush to comb through my eyebrows to tidy them up and make the brow powder last longer. It's great for this use!

There are two things I dislike.
-The glass jar is really heavy and bulky, so I don't bring it along in my purse
- A preservative they are using is said to be harmful/cancerous. I wish they would leave that ingredient out in the future. I will probably not repurchase because of the BHT. Especially because this brand is all about being natural and the promo always says this is without preservatives. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love this product but i couldnt. the grainy, gritty, heavy film that leaves on the lips is no moisturising at all - in fact, it made my lips look worse. for that price and rave, i was expecting something better. at first i thought that my pot had gone bad or something then i read other reviews with the same exactly problems so i guess its how this product "works" (or doesnt work to be precise).
i dont see myself using this up - i simply cant stand it. too heavy and gritty -you cant even rub your lips. such a disappointment...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smell of the lip balm- sort of like chocolate oranges. It moisturises my lips nicely but I don't think it works well with chapped lips. I prefer the 8 hour cream from EA to deal with real damage.
I use it under lipsticks as it is matte. I usually don't reapply the product during the day, unless I'm fidgeting with it.
I am not sure about repurchasing. Not a holy grail product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an HG product for me.
It's very moisturising, slightly plumping, smells gorgeous and it last a long time(I mean both the jar last a long time and that it stays on the lips for a long time).
I love Nuxe products, they are very popular in Paris. It has no shine or colour, so anyone can use it- even children and people who don't wear makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by princhipi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally I have my lips cracks for about 5 days until they heal, not with this balm. It took only 2 nights and the crack was gone! For god!.
Considering the price per gramm is in the avegange
I buy in Swiss Francs and this pot costet me CHF 17.90=CHF1.19/gr.
I love the packaging because is envoirement friendly, no extra paper with the product information. Everything is on the carton, in and out.

I am definitely buy another pot for home, since this one is in my purse

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by mirandajulian

I wanted to love this product but then I didn't and now I do. So, I thought it would be a great everyday balm - you know, to carry around in my bag. That didn't work out because I prefer a tube for quick application rather than swiping my finger in a tub. So anyways, I love this as a nighttime treatment or on my lips as a primer for a nice red lip. It is matte and it is pretty thick and leaves my lips conditioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by trollzorz94

This lip balm is super moisturizing and also MATTE, unlike other lip balms which leave behind a sheen or greasiness. While this product certainly isn't the holiest of holies (it is just a lip balm, after all) I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who wears matte lip products, such as MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick. That way your lips aren't completely drained of their moisture, as most matte lip products are often drying, but you also get to keep the matte finish.

The only con is the packaging, a heavy glass jar - it's horribly unhygienic and inconvenient to carry around. Luckily that does mean it will last practically forever because there's so much product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by dreamer99

I like almost everything about this lip balm because it's immediately absorbed into the lip-skin-layer upon application, rather than simply "sitting" on the epidermis and it only has a subtle and comfortable scent (honey, citrus-y) and it's quite a large pot (15g as opposed to the usual 4-5g stick). However, my BIGGEST and MAJOR COMPLAINT is that it the formula contains BHT (a common cosmetic preservative), one of the top 10 most toxic ingredients in cosmetics, which is bad for your health and bad for the environment. Although Nuxe boasts a high percentage of natural-derived ingredients, one flaw basically attenuates the good of the rest, imo. For that reason alone, I would scrap this product and continue my search for a HG lip balm. Haven't found it yet!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No