July 31, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by princhipi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally I have my lips cracks for about 5 days until they heal, not with this balm. It took only 2 nights and the crack was gone! For god!.
Considering the price per gramm is in the avegange
I buy in Swiss Francs and this pot costet me CHF 17.90=CHF1.19/gr.
I love the packaging because is envoirement friendly, no extra paper with the product information. Everything is on the carton, in and out.

I am definitely buy another pot for home, since this one is in my purse

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by mirandajulian

I wanted to love this product but then I didn't and now I do. So, I thought it would be a great everyday balm - you know, to carry around in my bag. That didn't work out because I prefer a tube for quick application rather than swiping my finger in a tub. So anyways, I love this as a nighttime treatment or on my lips as a primer for a nice red lip. It is matte and it is pretty thick and leaves my lips conditioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by trollzorz94

This lip balm is super moisturizing and also MATTE, unlike other lip balms which leave behind a sheen or greasiness. While this product certainly isn't the holiest of holies (it is just a lip balm, after all) I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who wears matte lip products, such as MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick. That way your lips aren't completely drained of their moisture, as most matte lip products are often drying, but you also get to keep the matte finish.

The only con is the packaging, a heavy glass jar - it's horribly unhygienic and inconvenient to carry around. Luckily that does mean it will last practically forever because there's so much product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by dreamer99

I like almost everything about this lip balm because it's immediately absorbed into the lip-skin-layer upon application, rather than simply "sitting" on the epidermis and it only has a subtle and comfortable scent (honey, citrus-y) and it's quite a large pot (15g as opposed to the usual 4-5g stick). However, my BIGGEST and MAJOR COMPLAINT is that it the formula contains BHT (a common cosmetic preservative), one of the top 10 most toxic ingredients in cosmetics, which is bad for your health and bad for the environment. Although Nuxe boasts a high percentage of natural-derived ingredients, one flaw basically attenuates the good of the rest, imo. For that reason alone, I would scrap this product and continue my search for a HG lip balm. Haven't found it yet!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Lips - Normal(ish), drier in the winter
* Review – This lip balm is well-regarded and highly-rated and for good reason, it effectively moisturizes without feeling heavy, greasy or gross. It nourishes, repairs, soothes and protects the lips with honey, plant oils, shea butter, and grapefruit essence. Lips are softened and smooth. I find this to be great for priming the lips before lipstick application. Since I'm not a fan of applying lip balm with my finger, I try to use a retractable lip brush to apply. Note that if your lips are severely damaged, cracked or painful, I don’t think this would work well enough to adequately remedy those symptoms.
* Cons - No SPF and while the glass pot has heft and looks pretty, it can be a bit unhygienic.
* Price - A generous glass pot retails for around €12. Available at all pharmacies and parapharmacies.
* Tip - For extra soft lips, gently exfoliate with a drop or two of your favorite carrier oil (i.e., jojoba, olive, sweet almond, etc) with a generous pinch of sugar at least once a week or more often as needed. Follow-up by protecting lips with lip balm.
* Verdict – While this may not be *the* lip balm to beat all lip balms, it's certainly the most elegant lip balm I've tried so far. Recommended.
** UPDATE ** - I don't know if it's common but I've noticed that the product tends to get "gritty" towards the end. This has been my experience with both the pot and stick format. Still works for me though. Perhaps this is the honey crystallizing? Like real pot of honey often does over time? :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this balm nightly and wake up with smoothe lips. It has a slightly gritty texture when first applied, but after a minute my lips melt the balm and it smoothes out. This balm makes me feel luxurious. I will absolutely repurchase when needed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OK but I've tried better

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by knatalia81

An absolutely disappointing product. I've been reading so many positive reviews on this balm, but after 2 weeks of using it every night I'd say my lips look even worse than before. They used to be just dry, now some kind of crust's appeared on them!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good night lip balm to repair lips/for preventive care. Although it smells and tastes more like lemons to me, not honey. It is thick and sort of waxy as some other reviewers have mentioned and not really shiny.
I wouldnt put it in my purse or anything but I apply it every night before bed and wake up to smooth soft supple lips with no cracking and I dont get that weird white stuff in the corners of my lips like I do with some other balms. It should last a year only applying before bed, so it is worth the cost.
EDIT: I bumped down my rating because my pot has gotten extremely gritty, as though it's an exfoliant~ my husband hates it now and even though I know that you can stick it in hot water, to try to get the sugar to melt again, I shouldnt have to do that...
You can apply it gritty and rub it in to get the exfoliating benefits and then try to rub off the grit.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pricey, but a pot should last a year. You don't need a lot of it and it stays put. If I put it on before bed, when I wake up in the morning, it's like I just put it on. Leaves a matte finish. It looks very natural over a lip stain.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No