Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 2/1/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the Classic Ivory shade because I have very fair skin. I find it a strange color; in the bottle very beige-y and on the skin it looks like I have a light suntan. I checked it against a different liquid makeup I have that is also ivory and the Cover Girl is a much darker shade. It is definitely not oil free. By mid day my oily skin was showing up greasy with this makup on. To call this a good makeup for oily skin is ridiculous. I applied it with a damp sponge which helps dilute it a bit. It's a pretty heavy foundation and needs to be thinned out unless you like a dense thick coverage. It went on smoothly without streaking. As to the glass bottle everyone complains about my guess is that glass is still the cheapest way of bottling it. I just shook it hard onto a damp sponge and the makeup came out ok. But I wouldn't take this bottle in my purse or travel in a suitcase. Then again, I don't plan to buy it again mainly because it's greasy and not for oily skin. Cover Girl is cheap; that's it's only really good point but I think I'll spend a bit more and get something better.

on 1/31/2012 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

Oh my god this foundation is soooo awful, i actually think this is the worst foundation ive tried, so basically this does nothing except making me look chalky. I put this on and at first it has like a very very verrryyyy light coverage then 30 minutes later NOTHING, the color has disappeared but the chalky texture was still there. I mean ive NEVER seen something like that . Good thing this was only 5$

I live in Australia and i bought this foundation at a shop called Priceline. I am a teenager so i have teenage skin. The reason i bought this product was because the packaging was very inviting and looked really nice, it was also on sale for $10 Australian Dollars.

I think that this foundation is really buildable and easy to apply. It blends in very well with your skin tone. It is a water base so its very light weight and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. It gives you a very natural look. Its great for people just starting out with makeup. Its about a light - medium coverage depending on how much you put on. I apply this with a makeup sponge or sometimes my fingers. I bought this in 120 CREAMY NATURAL but it appears lighter on my skin for some reason. I like using my Rimmel True Match foundation which is great, but i apply this Covergirl Clean foundation as a highlight. Trust me it looks natural and works well! I like the formula but one thing i HATE is the packaging. Its a bottle type and doesnt come with a pump. It can get really annoying sometimes, but i might try putting an old foundation pump on it. I have just recently purchased this so i havent used it all up but once its nearly finished i can tell there will be a lot of product waste because of the stupid packaging.
Ill continue to use the foundation because i do not want to waste it. I think on the days where i dont need that much coverage or i want to have a more natural look i will use this foundation. Its my first Covergirl purchase. I dont think i would buy this again.
- Hope the review helped -

on 1/22/2012 12:16:00 PM

Good foundation, not too oily. Goes on well, but smells weird, but smell fades after you put it on.

I've never been a fan of Covergirl (except for their mascara) but I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation! I got mine at Walmart for $5 and it's available at drugstores and large discount retailers but price will vary.

I use the oil control formula and my color is 520 (creamy natural). I have used it several times and I love the results. The coverage is light to medium, but I found that it is somewhat buildable. It blends so evenly and looks very natural. It is imperative however that you get the right formula for your skin type, it makes a huge difference. The oily skin formula will make your dry patches show up (my mom tried it).

The color selection I thought was very good. My color can be a bit tricky to find but I feel like 520 suits me so well, it's probably the closest match I've found to my skin so far.

Now, I found the packaging aesthetically pleasing. It's reminiscent of a beaker in a chemistry lab. But it can be a bit tricky to remove the product, so I gave the packaging a 3. I love the foundation so much that I'm able to forgive it for the bottle.

Basically, this is a great drugstore foundation and I would definitely buy it again. It's so inexpensive and accessible and is great if you're just starting out. The packaging can be a bit of a hassle but the foundation makes up for it. I'm only speaking for my experience with the oily skin formula, but I would recommend it! Make sure you get the right formula for your skin type though, as I said, it does make a huge difference. Definitely check it out!

on 12/28/2011 4:46:00 PM

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. Unlike other oil-control foundations, this one is not cakey at all. It is buildable and I can put on as many layers as I need without it caking up! My mom, who usually hates foundation, loves the way this foundation looks on me, because it looks so nice. I've had quite a few comments on how great my skin is since I've started wearing it.

My only complaint is the packaging. I have to store it upside down to get any product to come out. I wish it had a pump or squeeze tube. The clunky glass bottle gets in the way.

Now here's the secret...if you put this on with your fingers, it looks nice, but if you put it on with a sponge, it looks flawless! I put some on the back of my hand, then dot it all over my face and neck. Then, I stipple it in with a sponge. I add on another layer if necessary, and then sometimes I'll use concealer over it. I set it with the Covergirl Clean pressed powder, or the Palladio rice powder, depending on what I feel like that day.

I'm the lightest shade and it matches me perfectly. :)

on 12/22/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it did somewhat keep my skin oil free but it wasn't a miracle product. I like my revlon foundations better but I've yet to find a product that can control my oily skin for at least 2 hours without a touch up or blotting sheet (my skin starts to feel oily after the 1st hour) This foundation only keeps my skin oil free for an hour and a half. I also hate the packaging because the product is somewhat thick and doesn't come out very easily. Since I take forever to use foundations, I ended up throwing it away...

on 12/19/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Fed up with all my higher-end foundations, I picked this up seeing it had decent ingredients for oily skin (silica, talc) and is water based. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it indeed helps me with oil control. I agree with others that the bottle is a pain, however, I don't find it too sheer -I find it just right. It is lighter but buildable and it hasn't caused me a single breakout. Being an NC35, I found 545 Warm Beige to be a semi-good match, since the next two shades up were either too pink or just a tad too dark. This one settles nicely into my skin, although it looks a bit light at first. I might just keep buying this to use when I don't need a full face since it goes on nice and light, almost like a tinted moisturizer. Pretty good for about $6.

on 12/17/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The reason I gave this product 4 stars is because it doesn't last very long. I'll put it on in the morning, and 3 hours later it's lunch time I'm shiny again. Even after touching up, another few hours later it's time for another touch up. Other than that, it's my perfect color, and I use it everyday when I want something a thicker than a tinted moisturizer but lighter than full coverage foundation. It doesn't clog my pores. For the product, the price is only $5.00 or so, which is great.

on 11/28/2011 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really thought this had HG status until I met Dermablend. But that´s other story. The point is, this foundation is really good. I have the classic ivory shade and it suits perfectly with my pale skin (cool undertones). This foundation blends in really naturally, almost like a second skin. You have to wear waaay too much to make it look cakey. I used like 3 layers to cover my super problematic skin and it never looked cakey or false. It offers from light to medium-high coverage depending on how much you use. I found that a primer is really important if you want to achieve high coverage, but if not, it isn´t necessary. It offers a matte finish that lasts really long time and longer if you set it with powder. I used the pressed powder from the same line and in the same shade and they made a killer combo. The huge problem comes with the package. The glass bottle it comes in, is almost imposible to manage. You have to put the bottle upside down, hit it a little, get the foundation in you hand, then in a sponge or a brush and that takes too much time. There´s no way you can fit a brush into that bottle. And even if the price is ok, half the product is wasted because you can get it out of the #%$ bottle! But if you´re willing to deal with the worst packaging ever, I strongly recommend this foundation. On other tips on how to deal with this foundation, contact me :)