April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by missxwillow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I. Hate. This. Foundation. It gave me the coverage I wanted, it did not irritate my skin.. Yet, it felt greasy on my skin, it made me break out, and it did nothing to even out my skin tone. In short, by lunch, I looked like an orange grease slick. Which tends to happen often with these types of products, when it comes to me at least. That and it also felt really heavy on my skin. I could feel the foundation on my skin, it was disgusting. Cover Girl, in general, is a hit-or-miss thing. Either you'll really, really love it (like for example, the one thing I like most from them is their mascara) or you'll really, really hate it (like this foundation).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by armywife2james

I bought this makeup cause I love Cover Girl and it wasn't expensive at all. I have oily skin especially in my t-zone. This makeup is suppose to control oil and it actually made my face even more oily. About 30 minute to an hour after I put it on my face looked so oily. I was constantly having to use powder or oil blotting sheets. The bottle was so annoying cause the foundation doesn't want to come out. It took me forever to get it to come out. I was having to bang it on the counter to get it to even move. I will not be buying this makeup again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by GreenDayLOVE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the CG Clean Oil Control makeup from walmart in May. First of all, it says to have "fresh, comfortable coverage", which is
sheer buildable coverage, to me at least. The problems I had with this is that it says to control the oil on your face. My skin, after using this for a while, was still as shiny and oily as before. So this "oil-control" is not immediate nor does it have a long-lasting effect in the long run. Also, I had huge issues with this foundation because it felt like it really never set on my face. Even after powder, if I would blow my nose, the foundation came on to the tissue, or if I just touched my face, it would come onto my finger. The packaging gets 3 lippies, because I liked the glass bottle, but you had to pour the product onto your fingers. (Like Revlon ColorStay.)
All in all, I give this product 3 lippies because the foundation did feel comfortable on my face, but I would not repurchase. It did not do anything for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think that overall this is..okay.

Coverage: Sheer at best.
Consistancy: Creamy, smooth and very blendable.
Price: I bought mine for $2.00 at walgreens!
Finish: Totally dewy.

In the end, it did not do what it promised. It was an oil spill after an hour and the coverage isn't even that great.
You will LOVE this foundation if you have dry skin that doesn't need a lot of coverage..or for daily wear. It didn't break out my sensitive skin, and there was no smell...just not enough coverage.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the packaging is unhygenic and messy.
It lasted for 2 hours, and after that it was totally gone...

I will not be re buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by wellDUHitsSarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would love this foundation if I didn't have acne. The color fit my skin perfectly and looked really natural. I didn't even look oily, just fresh faced. But it didn't cover up my blemishes. At all. I still like it a lot but I just wish it had a little bit better coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by trananhthu00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to its inexpensive price. I used to use it years ago, mixed with a few other foundations and liked it well enough until transferring to better foundations. I saw the new packaging thinking maybe they changed the formula.
I have to say I like the product, but its only been 2 days. The packaging blows. I have acne scars and my flat top helped the foundation cover everything, without a primer. I set it with CG oil control powder, I had to touch up only once in 4 hours. Color oxidizes a shade darker than the bottle shows. My image uploaded makes me look dewy, but that was the look I was going for, and I used highlighter/blush/bronzer to achieve the look. Overall I'm happy with the product and the price, despite the fact that it didn't really control any oil for my oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by amelia241

I LOVE this foundation! It goes on very smooth on my skin and gives a really nice glowy finish! It's not too dewy and not too matte! I set this with the pressed powder in the Cover Girl clean line and this controls all of my oil problems for the whole day! I have extremely acne-prone and oily skin and this foundation controls my oil while keeping my face fresh! The only thing about this foundation that I would like to see more of is coverage. It is probably just a step up from a tinted moisturizer, which is not enough coverage for my acne and scarring. Luckily it is very buildable for me without looking cakey! I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by OhErykah21

I definitely LOVE this makeup.. or Foundation. It works really well and it pretty much speaks for itself.. It's oil control based and it actually won't leave your face oily at all im talking from experience since this is the makeup i use :) it had a really clean look to it and your face looks not oily or sweaty or nasty or grosss. NON of that it present with this product :) You have a clean non oily look all day :) :) highly recommend !! for a clean look! "-_-"

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Haayleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So i usually wear Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation but it was starting to get a little expensive for me. I decided i woulld try something different and cheaper. I went out and bought this foundation in the Ivory color which is just a tad too light but i can work with it! i LOVE this foundation !!!!!!!! i have VERY oily skin, Cystic acne along my jaw line and bad scarring & this foundation is wonderful! Although i do use Hard Candys Glamoflauge concealer for my acne this foundation doesn't give you a cakey appereance it doesn't transfer to my clothes & it doesn't feel heavy! It looks really nice and lasts all day with my oily skin! The only thing i can say bad about it, is the packaging! HORRIBLE and i have to pound it on my hand for it to come out! Other than that i would reccomend this to anyone with very oily skin and those who have redness from acne or scarring.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

I finally cleared up my skin but I wanted to cover thee minor acne marks that were left behind. I just randomly paid a visit to the makeup section and ended up finding my color in the covergirl section and it was cheap and it said it wouldn't clog pores so this is sounding like a good deal, right? It was AMAZING when I wore that one time. That's all it's good for; one time. I went to wash it off my face that night before bed and my whole right cheek had a LOT of little red bumps (from my experiences these bumps tend to be the start of breakouts). UGH! It does feel kinda heavy when applying it. It has good coverage, it really helps with oily skin buuuuuuuuuuuuut it DOES contain Talc which is known for causing breakouts. Every one of Covergirl foundations contains talc. This sucks. I finally cleared up my skin and I buy this and breakout. Guess that's what I get for being cheap :[