Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 3/27/2012 9:48:00 PM

I freakin love this foundation. The coverage is pretty good and it's SO NATURAL LOOKING. Blends right in and I wear classic ivory and the shades don't look matching but when applied on my face, it looks like I'm not even wearing anything. Covers imperfections without looking too cakey or fake. For an even naturaler look, I sometimes apply lotion (moisturizer) directly before applying this foundation and it blends so flawlessly. In the springtime I don't even wear concealer with it.

on 3/22/2012 9:40:00 PM

I got this foundation because I was attracted to the concept of "clean" foundation. I wear buff beige 525 with the accompanying powder and I actually appreciate this foundation a lot. (Side note, I use a foundation brush to apply the liquid.) It's light, matches my skin well, and covers my imperfections without looking cakey. It's pretty good quality for the price. I always use a primer when I want my makeup to last, so I can't make a fair judgment on how long it stays. I will agree with some of the other reviews in that the bottle could use improvement. It is difficult to get the right amount out of the bottle, and the shape makes it hard to drain all the makeup from the bottom. Overall, I find it natural-looking and inexpensive.

on 3/18/2012 10:06:00 AM

I have a very light complexion with a rare blemish but a friend recommended this due to such a light coverage.
I thought I was in luck since it was on sale for 4 dollars, but it was quite the opposite.
I have broken out in raised red blemishes, gross pimples, and grease!
My whole T Zone is destroyed and the red blemishes show up along my cheek and hairline, and it all STINGS!!
Horrible reaction, horrible product!!
I should have spent the 2 extra dollars on Maybelline!!
Covergirl is producing a product they claim keeps your skin "clean", so why is my face covered in horrific and painful pimples?!?
Returning this crap with a complaint!!!

First, I bought this in the wrong shade to start off with.. I have yellow undertones and probably a "beige" but I was inexperienced with make up back then so I bought the cheap and wrong product.. The packaging is horrible.. It's one of those screw caps that leaks out too much product.. Uncontrollable! The shade I got was ivory which was too light and had pink tones. The consistency: it's very watery, thin and runny so blending is not a problem. But the coverage is very sheer! I guess it is buildable. It will only even out your complexion and cover redness. It cannot cover your acne or scars. It sets matte on my skin and has a tiny bit of sheen. I like that.. It lasts quite a while.. I didnt need to reapply anything.The price was very cheap. Overall, I don't recommend this!

on 3/6/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation did not work for me. I broke out IMMEDIATELY in raised, red blotches on my face...and it burned! My face was irritated and red for days after.

In the midst of my allergic reaction, I also noticed that it is a very light foundation, almost as light as a tinted moisturizer. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. Also, the range of shades isn't good for women of color. They don't have any deep toned shades in the range. Shame on Cover Girl!

Also, it is nearly impossible to pour out of the bottle. It is very thick, and I had to use a cotton swab to get it out.

I wouldn't have minded it being light coverage because I don't have a lot to cover; my skin is in pretty good shape. But, the bee sting reaction kind of overshadowed anything else!

on 3/4/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Terrible on my skin. I tried the Covergirl Clean Makeup that wasn't "oil control," and it was fine. When I tried the oil control version, though, it caused dry spots and breakouts. It made me appear chalky, and didn't blend well at all. Coverage was terrible too. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but i usually don't have bad breakouts like what this caused.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Worst makeup ever!. I had a MAJOR alergic reaction to this! The old style was a lot better then I got the new fornula when i ran out of the old and it worked for a while then BAM woke up and my eyes were swollen shut and that was after i washed my makeup off
do yourself a favor and do noy buy this!

on 2/1/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the Classic Ivory shade because I have very fair skin. I find it a strange color; in the bottle very beige-y and on the skin it looks like I have a light suntan. I checked it against a different liquid makeup I have that is also ivory and the Cover Girl is a much darker shade. It is definitely not oil free. By mid day my oily skin was showing up greasy with this makup on. To call this a good makeup for oily skin is ridiculous. I applied it with a damp sponge which helps dilute it a bit. It's a pretty heavy foundation and needs to be thinned out unless you like a dense thick coverage. It went on smoothly without streaking. As to the glass bottle everyone complains about my guess is that glass is still the cheapest way of bottling it. I just shook it hard onto a damp sponge and the makeup came out ok. But I wouldn't take this bottle in my purse or travel in a suitcase. Then again, I don't plan to buy it again mainly because it's greasy and not for oily skin. Cover Girl is cheap; that's it's only really good point but I think I'll spend a bit more and get something better.

on 1/31/2012 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

Oh my god this foundation is soooo awful, i actually think this is the worst foundation ive tried, so basically this does nothing except making me look chalky. I put this on and at first it has like a very very verrryyyy light coverage then 30 minutes later NOTHING, the color has disappeared but the chalky texture was still there. I mean ive NEVER seen something like that . Good thing this was only 5$

I live in Australia and i bought this foundation at a shop called Priceline. I am a teenager so i have teenage skin. The reason i bought this product was because the packaging was very inviting and looked really nice, it was also on sale for $10 Australian Dollars.

I think that this foundation is really buildable and easy to apply. It blends in very well with your skin tone. It is a water base so its very light weight and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. It gives you a very natural look. Its great for people just starting out with makeup. Its about a light - medium coverage depending on how much you put on. I apply this with a makeup sponge or sometimes my fingers. I bought this in 120 CREAMY NATURAL but it appears lighter on my skin for some reason. I like using my Rimmel True Match foundation which is great, but i apply this Covergirl Clean foundation as a highlight. Trust me it looks natural and works well! I like the formula but one thing i HATE is the packaging. Its a bottle type and doesnt come with a pump. It can get really annoying sometimes, but i might try putting an old foundation pump on it. I have just recently purchased this so i havent used it all up but once its nearly finished i can tell there will be a lot of product waste because of the stupid packaging.
Ill continue to use the foundation because i do not want to waste it. I think on the days where i dont need that much coverage or i want to have a more natural look i will use this foundation. Its my first Covergirl purchase. I dont think i would buy this again.
- Hope the review helped -