July 29, 2014 | 1558 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by carolinebarth

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. Unlike other oil-control foundations, this one is not cakey at all. It is buildable and I can put on as many layers as I need without it caking up! My mom, who usually hates foundation, loves the way this foundation looks on me, because it looks so nice. I've had quite a few comments on how great my skin is since I've started wearing it.

My only complaint is the packaging. I have to store it upside down to get any product to come out. I wish it had a pump or squeeze tube. The clunky glass bottle gets in the way.

Now here's the secret...if you put this on with your fingers, it looks nice, but if you put it on with a sponge, it looks flawless! I put some on the back of my hand, then dot it all over my face and neck. Then, I stipple it in with a sponge. I add on another layer if necessary, and then sometimes I'll use concealer over it. I set it with the Covergirl Clean pressed powder, or the Palladio rice powder, depending on what I feel like that day.

I'm the lightest shade and it matches me perfectly. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by chaneal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it did somewhat keep my skin oil free but it wasn't a miracle product. I like my revlon foundations better but I've yet to find a product that can control my oily skin for at least 2 hours without a touch up or blotting sheet (my skin starts to feel oily after the 1st hour) This foundation only keeps my skin oil free for an hour and a half. I also hate the packaging because the product is somewhat thick and doesn't come out very easily. Since I take forever to use foundations, I ended up throwing it away...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fed up with all my higher-end foundations, I picked this up seeing it had decent ingredients for oily skin (silica, talc) and is water based. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it indeed helps me with oil control. I agree with others that the bottle is a pain, however, I don't find it too sheer -I find it just right. It is lighter but buildable and it hasn't caused me a single breakout. Being an NC35, I found 545 Warm Beige to be a semi-good match, since the next two shades up were either too pink or just a tad too dark. This one settles nicely into my skin, although it looks a bit light at first. I might just keep buying this to use when I don't need a full face since it goes on nice and light, almost like a tinted moisturizer. Pretty good for about $6.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reason I gave this product 4 stars is because it doesn't last very long. I'll put it on in the morning, and 3 hours later it's lunch time and it's already rubbed off and I have to reapply it. Even though it says oil free, I find my skin getting really oily after a couple of hours too. Other than those two things, it's my perfect color, and I use it everyday and it hasn't clogged my pores once (even though I forget to take it off at night sometimes!) For the product, the price is only $5.00 or so, and that's a pretty good price for drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really thought this had HG status until I met Dermablend. But that´s other story. The point is, this foundation is really good. I have the classic ivory shade and it suits perfectly with my pale skin (cool undertones). This foundation blends in really naturally, almost like a second skin. You have to wear waaay too much to make it look cakey. I used like 3 layers to cover my super problematic skin and it never looked cakey or false. It offers from light to medium-high coverage depending on how much you use. I found that a primer is really important if you want to achieve high coverage, but if not, it isn´t necessary. It offers a matte finish that lasts really long time and longer if you set it with powder. I used the pressed powder from the same line and in the same shade and they made a killer combo. The huge problem comes with the package. The glass bottle it comes in, is almost imposible to manage. You have to put the bottle upside down, hit it a little, get the foundation in you hand, then in a sponge or a brush and that takes too much time. There´s no way you can fit a brush into that bottle. And even if the price is ok, half the product is wasted because you can get it out of the #%$ bottle! But if you´re willing to deal with the worst packaging ever, I strongly recommend this foundation. On other tips on how to deal with this foundation, contact me :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have recently purchased this since it was sitting lonely by itself on an end cap at walmart being sold for the price of $1..in my shade Classic Ivory which is the lightest shade well little did i know id end up paying $4 in the end and wasnt able to return it since it wasnt on clearance at my local walmart & couldnt get it back to original store by the 90 days sooo i was a bit mad but anyway i have it and have used it so i will review it!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- CG Cosmetics are readily found in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as mass stores like Walmart & Target. Price will vary depending on your location as well as where you pick it up DS tend to run a little more as well as coupons/discounts. This Ive seen run around $4-6 which is pretty cheap and great even for DS liquid foundations since they keep getting more pricey these days. I paid $4
SHADE//FORMULA- i purchased mine in the lightest shade "Classic Ivory" which is a great pale shade with an almost neutral undertone but more cool than anything. great for my extremely pale cool skin. it matches 95% which is great for me. I have seen around 9 shades available in this range but i also live in a small town so im sures there more since CG does have a wider range nowadays. The formula for CLEAN MAKEUP OIL CONTROL does just that. it does have a matte finish, not too matte though, its a thicker cream like liquid. This is thick so blending does take some work. I dont have oily skin so im sure this isnt the formula for me but for those with combo/oliy skin im sure this will work wonderfully. this almost has a powder like finish without looking like a mask so it will help protect against oil production that oxidizes and fades/creases your foundation as the day progresses. this is a great affordable alternative to say Revlon Colorstay. This is a light to med coverage. cant be built up for better coverage. I found it took away uneveness, redness, dark spots and slightly covered major blemishes. So its great coverage, finish is more of a natural looking matte finish. Great for combo & oily skin types. I like the consistency since it feels moisturizing without being oily or wet or gross. Overall its a pretty great foundation. even though i have normal to dry skin, it works for me. i use this to lighten up my dark foundations & it works. it actually keeps my tzone area looking good & fresh longer than my other foundations. I didnt need to set this w/ powder but maybe it may help it stay on longer I got at least 8 hrs of wear out of this but im sure it stay fresh for at least 9 or so hours. which is amazing for the price!
PACKAGING- this comes in a glass jar which looks like most CG older versions liquid foundations. its glass and sturdy and heavy duty so it wont break or crack on you with some rough handling. It does not come with a pump unfortunately but with a twist on plastic top. the opening is about the size of a nickel. its large enough to allow some product to come out. fortunately this foundation is thicker so it dont come pouring out, if anything you got to really shake & tap it for it to come out slowly which makes it hard but nice so you dont get a whole bunch of wasted and unneeded foundation all over the place. This is a typical 1 Oz size jar. but with how little you need for the whole face, this 1 oz will last quite some time. I like the simple jar but i still dont understand why these companies just cant give us a pump nowadays?! either way its not a huge deal. the product inside sure makes up for no pump!
overall- im glad i gave this a go & got to try it even though i wanted to punch the lady in the face for overcharging me since i only picked it up since it was suppose to be on clearance but either way i have learned to appreciate this and actually find it to be one of the few lighter toned foundations that evens out my flaws without looking like i spent all morning piling on foundation. the finish is nice and the formulation & staying power is superb for a $5 foundation! so for those with more combo to oily skin- def give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like the product itself but I can't stand the packaging. I would not buy again because of the packaging.

Pro's:
- A very sheer look if applied properly,
- Matches my skin color almost perfectly, gives my face a very slight tan,
- Looks very natural,
- Does not cause break outs.
Con's:
- The packaging is a nightmare!
- Due to the packaging, it's very hard to get the product onto my brush.
- Due to the packaging, I always end up with too much on my brush and then have to spend an additional ten minutes removing the excess.
- I HATE THE PACKAGING!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. I apply it on over my conclear and it helps me with my scarring and any other acne problems I may have that day. I wear Classic Ivory. I don't know what the number is, I don't have it with me, right now. It is amazing I know it helps control my oily face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by liziloco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work to control oil at all!!! In 2 hours it failed, and was shiny and faded, even with the matching powder. Just to be sure I tried it again and it failed twice. The product is too hard to get out of the bottle, and I think glass bottles are unsafe and too heavy to be purse-friendly.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by missxwillow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I. Hate. This. Foundation. It gave me the coverage I wanted, it did not irritate my skin.. Yet, it felt greasy on my skin, it made me break out, and it did nothing to even out my skin tone. In short, by lunch, I looked like an orange grease slick. Which tends to happen often with these types of products, when it comes to me at least. That and it also felt really heavy on my skin. I could feel the foundation on my skin, it was disgusting. Cover Girl, in general, is a hit-or-miss thing. Either you'll really, really love it (like for example, the one thing I like most from them is their mascara) or you'll really, really hate it (like this foundation).