July 22, 2014 | 2194 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Intense Moisture Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2004 1:57:00 AM More reviews by sashulya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on the second Costco bottle of this conditioner. It worked great for the first month, then my hair became limp and dry--a disaster. After I'd dyed my hair again, it started working again. I think the silicone builds up and the peroxide got rid of the buildup. Now I use a clarifying shampoo every three days and the conditioner works pretty well. The only problem is that if I don't have time to wash my hair every day, it gets really greasy the second day. Overall this is a decent product if used with a clarifying shampoo. I probably won't buy it again after I'm done with the bottle. I have shoulder length fine, thin bleached hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 8:51:00 PM More reviews by smrtblnd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great drugstore conditioner. I have waist length highlighted blond hair that is thick, but on the dry side. I was out of my usual Redkin So Soft..and was broke and wandering through WallMart smelling hair products..liked the Dove shampoo and conditioner so thought I'd give it a try.
2 weeks later and after washing daily, I have to say this conditioner is as good as any high priced brand, (and I've tried many)
Left my hair smooth,shiny,healthy looking and smelling great. I'm impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2004 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

Great drugstore moisturizing conditioner. Softens without weighing hair down, smells wonderful and is inexpensive. I'm impressed with Dove haircare; they're a quality line. I buy this often. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2004 8:01:00 AM More reviews by onatural

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this conditioner with the shampoo (came together at Wal-mart) because I needed some cheap stuff temporarily and I figured this would suffice. I did not expect much from the product. I wanted to try it out, if it didn't work...fine.
I noticed my hair felt softer and more manageable the first time I used it. I was in denial that it really worked that well, because the product was too cheap to actually work. But I've been using it for a month now and my hair is still soft and it doesn't tangle as easily as it use to. It seems this conditioner (and the complementary shampoo) works well with my hair type which is as follows: thick strand, straight as a board, low volume, normally coarse. Mine is the type of hair that won't hold a curl and will normally tangle if I turn my head a couple of times right after I comb it. Since I've used the product, my hair has been easier to comb, even after a long 8+ hour work day.
What I found from these reviews (and what I'm sure you have/will discover also) is that this product only works for certain hair types. If you think your hair type is close to mine, then it would not hurt to try the product (it's one of the cheapest out there). I've tried almost every brand they carry in the west-coast Target stores, this product moisturizes and detangles the best (I've stopped using my detangler/leave-in). HOWEVER, if you have a hair type like those on this message board who have given this product 1 or 2 lippies, you should consider avoiding this product at the store. I noticed the majority of these members had color-treated or very fine hair. In conclusion: the product works great on my straight, coarse, thick-stranded hair but does not seem to work on color-treated or very fine hair. I could be wrong, everyone has different types of hair and hair history. Also, differences in water (hard or soft) can alter the effectiveness of the product, so there really is no way of absolutely knowing if this product works for you, until you try it. Good thing it is cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

I switched to Dove after using Pantene for several months. I thought that my hair looked fine with Pantene, but I think that Dove does a better job at detangling, moisturizing, and above all, rinsing clean. My hair is on the dry side, and since I've been using this after cleansing with the matching shampoo, I'm happy to report that my tresses look more smooth and shiny. As with Pantene, however, I do experience build-up, so a weekly clarifying shampoo is a must for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2004 12:54:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was disappointed by Dove. But then again, I have really problem hair...coarse, curly, color-treated, needs a lot of help. This isn't bad, it's just so-so and left my hair feeling dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hlww74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite drugstore brand. Doesn't weigh my hair down, leaves it soft and smooth, and smells great:)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2004 6:52:00 PM More reviews by claudiaee

I really wanted to like this product. I've been looking for a good quality drugstore conditioner. Unfortunately, this disappointed me. It did a good job of helping me detangle my hair, but after I blow dried, my hair looked so dry and frizzy. I do want to add that my friend loves this shampoo, but our hair types are extremely different so maybe that's why.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2004 7:32:00 AM More reviews by astrids14

Dove Conditioner is very cheap (I bought it at Costco) and has a nice scent. It softened my hair, but left my hair frizzy. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2004 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca_Phillips

Great smell, great price, very lightweight, but it dried my hair out and made it extremely brittle.
Detangles well, does not condition well.