November 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

As stated in my review for TheBalm Time Balm concealor, I was on the hunt for a moisturizing concealor for my under eye circles. This one is wonderful! Effectively covers my dark circles, lasts 9+ hours, doesn't cause my mascara to puddle under my eyes, doesn't settle into fine lines. Feels soft going on, but is expensive ($21/tube). I like that its in a tube and takes so very little to cover both eyes. I anticipate this will last me a VERY long time! Will definitely re-purchase. HG material!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i'm a fair asian with yellow undertones, nc20-25, and i bought shade #1. #1 has a slight pink undertone, so it works well on concealing my dark circles. my favourite aspect of this product is that it has a subtle brightening effect. there are no shimmers, but it somehow makes my under eye area so naturally luminescent and well-rested. it looks quite lovely.

i gently pat this product on in sheer layers. it's very easy to blend and not at all cakey. i then set the concealer with translucent loose powder. and there is no sinking into lines for the whole day. i put this concealer on at 7am and it starts to wear off at around 2-3pm (not bad, i would say). i purchased this for CAD$21+tax at a MUFE counter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by strawberita1

I want to start out by saying that I have severe circles so I do not expect a miracle by any means, however this concealer did absolutely nothing for me at all. For starters, I found it to be very drying, and that was after applying it with an under-eye primer. The coverage is minimal at best and try as I might I did not see a hint of "lift" which I shouldn't have expected anyway as that is blatantly unrealistic. Overall this product was a total disappointment and a waste of money ($21.00 US) I think it is fantastic that it works for some but if it doesn't I recommend Bobbi Brown's corrector & concealer. When I am pressed for time I use MAC Studiofinish which works very well for circles and/or facial blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ilovecolorgirl

I have fairly dark undereye circles (genetic) and pretty light skin. I bought this concealer in shade #1. This was my first try with a more high-end concealer because I'm just not having luck with the drug store brands in covering up my circles with a texture that remains nice throughout the day.

I like the squeeze tube aspect of this concealer and the color looks nice when I initially put it on. The coverage is fairly thin and seems to take a couple of applications (even when wearing primer) to do any good. Also, I found that as it dries, it looks chalky, the color takes on a more noticeable yellow tone, and it settles into the fine lines under my eyes (again, even with the Smashbox primer on!)

Sigh...guess it's back to the sample counter for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with the last two reviews. This is a great product. It hightlights and covers at the same time. Not to heavy and does not settle in my lines. And, you can not beat the price compared to alot of other companies. I do use my BB concealer powder over this. It works fine. I usually hate concealers. I need it but, nothing looked good. It always aged me. So I gave up until this. Give it a try. Sephora is always generous with their samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by cathymakeupart

LOVVVEEE it! Leaves such a natural finish, and doesn't dry completely, so the skin around my eyes and zones that need to be concealed looks naturally better! Best concealer i've ever used (within my budget so far), and a tube lasts me a full year!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! Loved it!
I bought this after reading all the positive reviews posted here, and indeed, I agree, the concealer is great!
It is easy to apply & blend, the result is absolutely fabulous!
I have 2-3 night calls in a week, and some dark circles that made me look 3-4 years older.
2 days ago bought this, and I received a lot of compliments!!! :D. You look great, I can tell you had some good sleep...... right, thank you :D...Actually is my concelear doing wonders.
I tried , few months ago Roc completeLift eye Contour Gel, which was awful! My under eye skin was stiff, and with no elasticity, as long as I had that gel on.
This Concealer s lift effect isn t like that at all.The skin remains slender!
It doesn t build up in the fine lines under the eye!
5 stars!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by fatblackcat

I have horrible dark circles, and at my age, I'm starting to get those fine lines as well. This concealer has worked very, very well for me. It's done at better job at covering my dark circles than any other concealer I've ever tried (and believe me, I've tried them all!). However, it doesn't completely cover them, but I didn't really expect it too, since my dark circles are so bad, I don't think I'll ever find anything that completely gets rid of them. The coverage is fabulous, the texture is really good, I don't have to work and pull and tug at my skin to smooth it around, it's very gentle to use. I bought the #3, which is perfect match for my skin tone, however I wonder if the #1 would be good for lightening and brightening up my under eye area. I have noticed a "lifting" effect, although it's not a really dramatic change, it's definitely there. So far, I'd have to say this is the best concealer I've ever bought. Definitely my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by twinclan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off I have dark under eye circle and have been looking for something to not just cover them but, maybe make my skin look lighter there. Sometimes I see people with this almost shine under their eyes and admire how much better their eyes looked. I always wondered how to get a concealer to help brighten and still cover without looking weird or cakey. I have found my HG in this product. I actually have it in #1 and love love love what it does. I am not sure if it really lifts as it says, but it sure helps cover my circles and feels great too. It is super easy to apply and I don't have to tug to get it on. It kinda reminds me of the consistancy of Two faced shadow insurance. This really makes my eyes look much more awake. I have sometimes used Benefit's eyebright and find with this I no longer really need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this every single day to conceal my dark undereye circles. It literally melts into your skin and doesn't crease or look cakey. The coverage is moderate. If you have really dark circles or lots of blemishes, I'd recommend full cover instead. But, for me this does a great job every single day and I will keep buying it forever and ever! My first tube *just* ran out, and it lasted two years! I use shade #3 and I am NC30, for reference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No