Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

Eyes: Violet

not a BAD product, but not for me. i find looser powders work better for me.

on 6/24/2008 11:58:00 AM

If I had written this review 5 years ago, I probably would have given this product a higher rating. It works wonderfully if your skin is oily. However, now that I'm older and have more dryness in my skin, this product doesn't work as well for me. (I like to use powder foundation in the summer because it's lighter.)
One warning--you need to let any moisturizer dry completely before using this product, to otherwise you will get very noticeable streaks on your face! (Trust me, it's happened to me more than once.)

on 6/18/2008 11:12:00 AM

Hey ya'll...love this stuff. As with all powders, you must, if you have drier skin, moisturize! I would compare this to the MAC stuff I have purchased. The packaging is not all that difficult really (one shot deal...pull toward you and up, snap into place). Classic Beige is perfect for me. Does not yellow or turn orange, fade or cake if reapplied later in the day.

I have had comments that my skin looks great, what have I done? Covers well, highly buildable, easy and quick to use with either a brush or sponge. Looks natural and flawless, just like it says. Praying they do not discontinue it. NO BREAKOUTS, and if you are my age, you know the quest is real. I think the hunt is over.

on 6/5/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for a week now and I am loving the way it looks and how it adjusts to my skin.
My face looks creamy not powdery and I have oily skin and this isn't sliding off or lifting off my face.
It makes me look sort of glowy. I am torn between this and Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation). But Fresh complexion makes me look dry, unatural compare to this.
I use it over my regular foundation, pat it on once, blend with a brush and I am done for the day, maybe later afternoon I have to pat up oil production but it's not that serious and it is mostly the T- Zone. I am glad I gave this a try. Classic ivory seemed not too light and not too dark. Glad I made the right guess on the color. Oh and the color hasn't changed or oxidized on me either!

on 5/27/2008 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this is good and natural
has a light coverage
feels lightweight

cons:
has parabens (harsh chemical synthetic preservative)

out of all the covergirl products , this one is my favorite though
you can't beat the price either! $4.50/ compact
(clinique is $18.50/compact)
i give it a 4. i would buy again if i didn't have my organic makeup.!

on 5/12/2008 3:05:00 PM

I switched about a year ago from a liquid foundation to this Simply Powder Foundation over concealer where necessary. What a difference. My skin looks more natural, feels lighter and healthier. I suppose you have to be lucky with the product and find a good color to match your skin. It does happen to me that it can appear too mask-like when first applied; this effect tones down after twenty minutes or so. Also, sometimes if I've applied too much I blend it a bit with my fingers to even out the powdery look. It's important to thoroughly wash the sponge with soap and water every now and then to keep the make-up clean and the look fresh.

on 5/5/2008 7:56:00 PM

The coverage was good. It evened out most of my acne and redness. However, the color made my face look almost muddy and I could feel it 'sitting' on my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love love love this stuff! I use it over my foundation and it gives me a flawless finish and lasts all day! It;s smooth, fine, and a little silky. Definitely worth it for the price. The only powder I have found that compared is from Lancome and this is at least $20 cheaper. It's also great if you have fair skin cause cover girl has a good variety of shades for us fair girls.
Try it! I think you'll love it.

LOVE this powder. I have very fair combination skin with a little rosacea thrown in for good measure. I'm still on the search for my HG foundation, but as a powder, CG Simply Powder rocks my world. It's silky smooth and covers well, but doesn't make you look like you dipped your face in heavy powder. The one caveat to this product is that the sponge gets a little gross after you've used it for a while, and once you've used up the compact's center, the outside can crumble. I usually can get to the third ring out from the center of the tin before I have to replace it. I've used a million different foundations, but will never switch powders - thanks, CG!

on 3/15/2008 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this because it doesn't hurt my face, make my eyes itch, or make me break out, and it's dirt cheap. It's what I used for about six months when I really didn't have time to look in the mirror. It also turns too dark. (I'm sheet white with the tiniest bit of olive tone.)

Edit: Five years later, my skin has started to dry out more as I've moved into my forties. Although I'm still fighting the good fight with Retin-A, and probably have fewer wrinkles because of it, I'm less critical of oxidation in foundations, and frankly my skin doesn't turn things as orange with less oil. At my age, I'm looking for 1.) cheap, 2.) professionally presentable, 3.) easy to find, and 4.) no breakouts.

I buy extra cosmetic sponges with this, and toss them once a week. My skin is clearer than it's been in years. This does oxidize, some, but a mid-day touchup takes care of most of that. Also, it doesn't settle into fine lines and pores. This is my only foundation, now.