Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 8/19/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been hunting for the perfect powder foundation for almost a year now. When I say perfect, I mean color matches my fair skin without making me look washed out, it can offer good coverage, doesn't look cakey, and doesn't fade or oxidize drastically through the day. I thought I found that in Maybelline PureStay, but I soon realized the color was too pink to be flattering. I've tried Simply Powder multiple times, and each time I haven't been fully happy. The compact it comes in is probably the best part. It's very sturdy, so I know if I drop it, it'll be ok. It also comes with a nice, thick sponge and big mirror to make on the go applications simply. Now, onto the powder itself. Cover Girl has a terrible habit of over-stating undertones, especially pink. It took me a while to realize it, but after seeing my face in natural sunlight, the color was too dark (510, classic ivory), and too pink. Ugh. So, I kept using it anyway, trying to make myself like it. The coverage is just like CG classic liquid foundations. It can even out redness and cover very minor imperfections, but it doesn't have the ability to hide dark marks. You can build the coverage without it looking cakey or thick, but I feel like I have to reapply this a few times during my makeup routine because it disappears or something. Then, I'm constantly putting more on through out the day to keep it looking decent. Overall, this is ok if you can find the right color, and not need too much coverage. For me? I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging is not so sturdy but the content itself is quite good quality. I used shade "classic ivory" and it perfectly suit my skin tone. This product may be a bit too dry for dry or normal skin but I used this only when I had quite oily skin back then. (2002~) This also lasts long and gives you very sheer coverage. I liked it alot so did my friends. This is not very cakey yet kinda gives you flawless look without heavy make-up look. I would buy it again.

on 7/1/2008 9:32:00 PM

Putting the package together was difficult lol literally took me about 20 minutes haha but that okay. This actually has really good coverage. I was always skeptical about powder foundations because I like full coverage but powders never deliver. But out of boredom, I tried this product and its really good. I have freckles and redness, and this totally covered them all. It really does "cover like a liquid" like they say (I was shocked) I didnt quite get the perfect color, I'll go with buff beige next time as creamy natural was ever so slighty pinkish, but still wearable. Make sure you moisturize before because like all powders, it can emphazise flakes. But seriously, this is a really good product. And the sponge it comes with actually works! haha But really, Im very very impressed with the coverage.

Eyes: Violet

not a BAD product, but not for me. i find looser powders work better for me.

on 6/24/2008 11:58:00 AM

If I had written this review 5 years ago, I probably would have given this product a higher rating. It works wonderfully if your skin is oily. However, now that I'm older and have more dryness in my skin, this product doesn't work as well for me. (I like to use powder foundation in the summer because it's lighter.)
One warning--you need to let any moisturizer dry completely before using this product, to otherwise you will get very noticeable streaks on your face! (Trust me, it's happened to me more than once.)

on 6/18/2008 11:12:00 AM

Hey ya'll...love this stuff. As with all powders, you must, if you have drier skin, moisturize! I would compare this to the MAC stuff I have purchased. The packaging is not all that difficult really (one shot deal...pull toward you and up, snap into place). Classic Beige is perfect for me. Does not yellow or turn orange, fade or cake if reapplied later in the day.

I have had comments that my skin looks great, what have I done? Covers well, highly buildable, easy and quick to use with either a brush or sponge. Looks natural and flawless, just like it says. Praying they do not discontinue it. NO BREAKOUTS, and if you are my age, you know the quest is real. I think the hunt is over.

on 6/5/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for a week now and I am loving the way it looks and how it adjusts to my skin.
My face looks creamy not powdery and I have oily skin and this isn't sliding off or lifting off my face.
It makes me look sort of glowy. I am torn between this and Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation). But Fresh complexion makes me look dry, unatural compare to this.
I use it over my regular foundation, pat it on once, blend with a brush and I am done for the day, maybe later afternoon I have to pat up oil production but it's not that serious and it is mostly the T- Zone. I am glad I gave this a try. Classic ivory seemed not too light and not too dark. Glad I made the right guess on the color. Oh and the color hasn't changed or oxidized on me either!

on 5/27/2008 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this is good and natural
has a light coverage
feels lightweight

cons:
has parabens (harsh chemical synthetic preservative)

out of all the covergirl products , this one is my favorite though
you can't beat the price either! $4.50/ compact
(clinique is $18.50/compact)
i give it a 4. i would buy again if i didn't have my organic makeup.!

on 5/12/2008 3:05:00 PM

I switched about a year ago from a liquid foundation to this Simply Powder Foundation over concealer where necessary. What a difference. My skin looks more natural, feels lighter and healthier. I suppose you have to be lucky with the product and find a good color to match your skin. It does happen to me that it can appear too mask-like when first applied; this effect tones down after twenty minutes or so. Also, sometimes if I've applied too much I blend it a bit with my fingers to even out the powdery look. It's important to thoroughly wash the sponge with soap and water every now and then to keep the make-up clean and the look fresh.

on 5/5/2008 7:56:00 PM

The coverage was good. It evened out most of my acne and redness. However, the color made my face look almost muddy and I could feel it 'sitting' on my face.