Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/17/2013 2:46:00 PM

So far, I have used this soap as a facial cleanser for 3 days now, and it has not made me breakout. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I am satisfied with the results and the price.

on 3/15/2013 7:39:00 PM

my favourite body soap. doesn't dry me out & smells fresh. my skin is always nice & soft and i can even skip moisturizing if i'm in a rush. i wouldn't reccommend using on your face if you have dry skin, i noticed that it made my skin worse & feel very tight.

on 3/10/2013 4:29:00 PM

I love using this all over my body. I never use it on my face because it is not recommended to use soap on your face because it has anti-bacterial properties and can be very drying. I like using this soap on my back for the occasional breakout and it really helps clear it up. I like that it is fragrance free and oil free so it won't clog or cause acne.

on 3/10/2013 3:59:00 PM

One of my favorite, most staple products. Believe it or not, if I don't have any face wash on hand, this is my favorite soap product. My boyfriend doesn't even use salcilic acid products because he thinks it breaks him out worse and only uses dove beauty bar and he has PERFECT skin, I'm so jealous.

It's so mild and easy on the skin that you can use it a few times a day on your face and the rest of your body. Packaging is amazing and price is unbeatable for the quality.

Favorite soap out there if you can't tell :)

on 2/26/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Dove is an excellent product. I was disappointed with the commercial with Dove being compared to other soaps. It showed a cut out piece of paper that dissolved and broke down, while it didn't break up with dove. One can plainly see that the other soaps were dissolving with time as well, but Dove was not even being used. Very noticeable. What I love about dove is that it's a lotion used as a soap. That's what you can sell. Watch the commercial and think about it.

on 2/12/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First, it is a bar, not a soap.PH5.5.
Second, it is a perfect body wash, esp in winter. It can really moisturize your body after washing. I am so lazy that I don't always apply some moisturizer after taking a shower.
Third, it should not be used as facial wash thought its PH is 5.5. I don't know who is the first person telling me that it can clean my face clearly but gently. Actually there are two totally different feelings between body and face. After cleaning face with this, DRY DRY DRY..just like someone behind me dragging my face violently.
If I live alone, I will choose it as the first choice for body wash. However, if it is used by a family, it will be used up quickly. That's my reason why I will not buy this product again.
It is good, but not suitable for me.
BYE~

on 2/9/2013 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I thought I'd try this out since it seems to be a go-to classic for some. I find that it drys the skin on my hands and body, and I really don't like the smell. It's so strong and obviously soapy. Kinda just makes me feel itchy all over.

on 1/20/2013 10:15:00 PM

My grandmother swore by this soap and taught me from the time I was a little girl the importance of cleaning ur face. Se still had beautiful skin even when she passed. I think I need to revisit this again. ;)

on 1/19/2013 7:42:00 PM

I am absolutely in LOVE with this soap. I have dry skin and I use this on my body and face. It has become my HG cleanser. I never thought I would be able to use such a cheap product on my face. It's so creamy and never drying. Love it!

on 1/19/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As someone with very dry, mild eczema skin, this is one of the best body soap I have tried. It is the least drying soap without the over powering fragrance commonly find in cheap soap (I can't handly fragrance products due to allergies). While this soap isn't the best at removing sweat (ie. after the gym etc), it is a very nice everyday body soap that is suitable to dry skin in dry winter climate.

One way to make this soap even better is to add oatmeal to it (sorta like LUSH 'Porridge' soap bar): extra hydrating with the additional exfoliating effects! Just microwave the soap bar cut up into four sections with 2-3 tsp of water then add 2-4 tsp of grind up oats while stirring. Then just let it cool in a soap mold or round dish.

Popular Gels/Soaps