Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 9/12/2013 4:03:00 PM

I've been using this for years and years, I have dry skin and the strong scent has never irritated me, mind you my skin can be quite sensitive. I've tried many soaps and shower gels, and haven't found anything more gentle and moisturizing than this amazing bar. I even use it on my face when I run out of my cleanser, and it never irritates or breaks me out. Besides the one I have in my bathroom, I always have a bar or two on hand, and keep them in my wardrobe, opening the carton so it acts as a delicate freshener for my clothes!

on 9/6/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

HG body soap. Also use this as a shaving cream, nothing like this under the sun, you guys. It may not work for everyone, but those of us who grew up on this know what's up!

on 9/5/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have always used dove bar soap since I was little and I still do till this very day it so gentle to the skin and leaves it feeling soft and moisturized not the usuall tight feeling with other bar soaps ! This stuff is a must have in the shower I love it and I always use it before I use my body wash or I use it by itself and it actually is gentle for the face to just don't get it in the eyes ! I use both white and pink dove :)

I started using this on my face when my HG liquid cleanser was DC'd...(clean & clear with triclosan...I'm sure the triclosan was bad for me somehow but it worked!!)

I have combo/dry skin and I do get clogged pores although on a whole my skin is pretty decent. I like using this bar for a myriad of reasons...it smells great, it lathers nicely, it doesn't dry my face although it DOES leave it feeling super clean, it doesn't break me out or irritate me in any way at all, and it is SUPER CHEAP. It lasts forever as well. I bought a 97 cent travel size bar 5 months ago and I'm still using it.

This is a definite repurchase for me! A+

on 9/4/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This bar of soap is the only beauty product my boyfriend and I share, and we've both been using it for a few years now, in the shower, and as hand soap. The best thing about it is how non-drying it is. It's also worth noting the bar has a great shape, look, feel, and smell. It epitomizes clean simple luxury, and the price is right.

on 8/22/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been ultimately finding soap that would really help me take care my skin and when I saw the wonderful commercial that promises the Dove soap I was of course attracted to it and decide to find out what it does to my skin. The moisturizing effect is good I feel like cool whenever I finish it. Though when I use this on my face like usually they say good for the face, I have breakouts blackheads, whiteheads and even acne shows when I used it. Further experimenting and prolonging it use I was guessing it was only for awhile but as I use it by time it gets worse my skin even get more oilier. Maybe it just me I decide to stop using it and find other alternatives.

I wish i could have positive things to say.. but this leaves my skin feeling dry and rough. I do not like this one bit. Sure, it's "moisturizing bar": but i get none of that.. I've got sensitive skin, not sure if thats why but i just can't love this product. Horrible.

on 8/12/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have been using this soap since I was a baby and simply cannot use anything else on my skin. It doesn't dry out my skin and thoroughly cleans - plus, the scent is so nostalgic!

on 7/12/2013 9:57:00 PM

I love Dove soap. I think "beauty bar" is a bit of a far-fetched name, but it is gentle, pleasant-smelling, non-drying and feels very luxurious to use. It is the only soap I would dare put on my face, if I had absolutely nothing else to cleanse with. For the body, it's a staple for me. Love.

on 7/12/2013 8:29:00 AM

This is the best soap I have ever used. I wash my hands with it during the day and before using a cleanser from a different brand would wash my face twice a day with it. Does not leave skin feeling dry or tight like soooo many soaps do. Clean and fresh is all Im left with. Removes dirt and makeup perfectly. I keep one in shower and one on the bathroom sink. My husband won't use anything else and he comes home coverd in grease. Its a bathroom staple in our house.