Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 1/13/2010 10:09:00 PM

Barely removes make up effectively & stings the crap out of my eyes.

on 1/6/2010 10:46:00 PM

As a huge estee lauder fan, I was very very disappointed in this eye makeup remover. I got it in a huge set I got at macy's, and I ran out of my lancome bi-facial a few days ago and started using this. It stung a tiny bit when I used it, but even worse than that my eyelids became dry and flaky. I actually attributed it to a new eye moisturizer, but as soon as I stopped using this remover, the flakiness stopped. I'm definately switching back to either l'oreal eye makeup remover or lancome bi-facial. Both are far superior.

on 12/31/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a GWP but have never used it. Well, this morning I found myself out of my regular makeup remover so I reached for this. It felt like I had dumped a chemical in my eye, so I reached for the bottle with the eye I still had vision in, and sure enough, it was the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. My eye was bloodshot and on fire for a good hour after attempting to remove my mascara with this acid. This stuff ought to be banned by the FDA.

on 12/4/2009 12:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My mother-in-law gave me this eye makeup remover out of her gift with purchase set when I mentioned I was running out of my regular Mary Kay remover. "Great!" I thought, this will save me money. Uh, no. I went out and bought something else the next day. What is this stuff made out of? It does worse than plain water at removing makeup--I had to scrub to just get the eyeshadow off, forget about mascara--and it burns my eyes like heck! And the skin that it touched was red and irritated for a few minutes afterwards too. They must just make this stuff to stick in the giveaway bags, because I can't imagine anyone actually paying for it. Two thumbs way way way down.

on 11/24/2009 4:24:00 PM

A bottle of this came in the Holiday 2008 Blockbuster, and I've used it quite a lot since buying. I don't know why I continue to use it, b/c it doesn't work very well. This remover takes off eyeshadow, but not mascara or liquid liner. About the only eye mu remover I've used in the last few years is the Equate brand that is like the blue L'Oreal stuff. I was hoping the EL would work better than that, but it doesn't, although it does a great job of removing lipstick (I just happened to try it one day). I've only noticed the stinging sensation a couple of times, b/c I have sensitive eyes and am extremely careful about keeping them closed while I'm removing mu or washing my face. EL should either d/c this or remarket it as a lipstick remover. I won't buy this again, especially considering the price.

on 11/21/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm very surprised by all the reviews complaining that this makeup remover stings the eyes. I got this in a free sample several years ago, and ever since it's the only remover I use. I've tried a few drug store brands, and they always feel very greasy. This remover has NO greasiness.

I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara every day and this remover gets it all off with just a few swipes. It has never, ever made my eyes sting.

My only complaint is the price, but I think it's worth it.

on 11/19/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Unfortuanlty I purchased the full size of this product. It stung my eyes and skin. HORRIBLE!! waste of money

on 10/31/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this product in a giftset. I can definitely say that cheaper eyemakeup removes are more gentle on the eyes than this product. It does cause a level of stinging. And, I definitely would never purchase this product in full-size, because it just isn't worth the sensitivity issues that it causes.

on 10/28/2009 1:19:00 AM

I got this as a gift with purchase. I hate it . It stings my eyes a lot . And can't move most of my waterproof makeups. Will not buy again!

on 10/12/2009 6:26:00 AM

I first got this as a free sample with one for those gift bags they give you. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I actually went back and bought the bottle! This sh*t stings your eyes! There really is nothing good about this remover. My only excuse is that I was 17 at the time.