July 29, 2014 | 1986 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must be a spaz, because I can't really comb with this, I kind of "rake" my lashes. But this comb works great at removing clumps and separating clumped-together lashes. This combined with the shu curler and Cargo blu-ray mascara and I have the softest, longest, lushest hooker lashes in the world which still look soft and not fake due to lovely comb. Now I know why I had to go to five stores in New Orleans and got the last one in the fifth store. This could probably even save crappy mascara. I had a hard time cleaning it at first, but now I use an oil cleanser and kind of goop it around, rinse, then follow up with antibacteria soap about once a week; I baby wipe it after use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PREFACE: THE FOLLOWING REVIEW IS WRITTEN BY A STROKE SURVIVOR WITH IMPAIRED VISION AND THE USE OF ONLY ONE HAND.
I'll admit, I was VERY nervous the first time I used this because, as others have mentioned, the comb's teeth are needle sharp.

However, I didn't have a bit of trouble, though my hand trembled slightly.

I applied my usual coat of MAC Prep + Prime ( infamous for causing clumps), combed through, applied UD Skyscraper mascara, combed through, and applied a light final coat of waterproof mascara to "seal," and combed through.

That's a lot of layers, though admittedly I may have gone a little lighter on the mascara than usual.

At any rate, the end result was long dark ABSOLUTELY CLUMP FREE lashes. It really wasn't even apparent that I was wearing mascara.

How great is that?

I hope to never be without this little wonder again!

After about a year's worth of use (during which I did not blind or otherwise injure myself), my lash comb had lost enough teeth that I considered a new one necessary, so I ordered another. I intend to keep right on buying these; I can no longer imagine successfully wearing mascara without one of these little marvels.
continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by RangerEmmie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I spent years using inferior plastic eyelash combs on my long thick lashes and pardon my english, but they sucked. I bought this tool out of pure frustration, and despite the remorse I felt for spending this much on an eyelash comb, I was more than happily surprised! This thing is great! It always gets out clumps, gets between every lash without making mascara crumble off. Be careful, because you might poke out your eye if you aren't careful, the metal comb-teeth are very sharp. I removed one lippy from the overall rating because one of the teeth fell out after 6 months of regular use. None have fallen out in the 2 years since then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is LOVE. I don't know why I was in my ignorance so long about metal lash combs...metal is 20 thousand times better than plastic!!!! I don't know how I could deal without it now...it absolutely separates everything. Amazing amazing amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I've only had this for a week and I don't know how I ever lived without it. I started wearing mascara a few months ago and every morning would just be a huge fight with my plastic lash comb trying to get the clumps out and unsticking my lashes from each other.

This is incredible. It has shortened my morning routine by at least 10 if not 30 minutes (if you count time later in the day that I try to unstick my lashes) and my lashes look so much better! Defined and separated and not stuck together in huge clumps! <3 it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by isabelgk

Best lash comb OF LIFE!! before this comb, i used to use plastic one, and the bristles would always break and not seperate well... this is an indispensable tool ladies!! i don't care how defining a mascara claims to be, EVERY mascara looks a million times better after its been combed through with tweezerman lash comb... me loves it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Aaaaaaaaaallll that. Believe.

I paid less than $4 at Ulta during one of their 20 percent off promos. I have no idea how I put on mascara for 30 years without this. Worth it at five times the price.

UPDATE: How to clean it: Soak a small piece of clean felt (nailboarders, you know what I mean, the squares you cut to use to remove nail polish) and soak it in alcohol OR eye makeup remover. Push the tines of the comb through the felt. The dried mascara will end up on the felt. Any that's left can be easily wiped up with a corner of the felt -- or ignored, since it's going to be at the base of the tines, far from your lashes.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

why wouldn't you love this? without this, it's like eating dry cereal. It's ok sometimes, but you wouldn't forgo milk altogether. That's this comb, you think you can do w/o it on some occasion when you're too lazy to take the extra time to brush through your lashes. But you'd notice the difference and miss it just as you'd miss the milk when the dry cereal is stuck in the back of your mouth, and the gulp of water doesn't compare.

It doesn't matter what brand of mascara I use, the result isn't the same if I don't use this. I do this alone, w/o distractions, and when i'm not in a rush, just as I would putting on nail polish, but a slip with this is deadly. I also have the SK comb, but that's for my traveling bag. Def. a would buy again, but I already stash some ; )

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Best eyelash comb ever!!!! I've had mine for yrs and it still works great and of course would repurchase in a heartbeat!!=)...If your wear mascara this is a must have!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by bingbing

I carry this with me everywhere. Along with my passport and lipgloss, this thing's been to probably the same number of countries.
Before I bought one of these babies, I used to use an old toothbrush, but that wiped away more makeup than declumped. I wouldn't buy it again, unless I lost it. In which case there would be lots of crying involved, a tantrum or 2, and credit card waving.
I find the tines are the only ones small enough to actually get between clumped eyelashes to separate and declump properly. Have no idea how anyone gets anywhere with cheapie plastic ones - please teach me your secret if you have one!
Cleaning tip: I used to soak a cotton pad with eye makeup remover until one day a tine fell out! Argh! Now I'm a lot more gentle about cleaning it. This may sound silly, but dental floss works a treat. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No