October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE!!!!!
I bought this at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago because I loved it so much in the past. Well, it has not failed me! Yes, the coverage is VERY sheer...but I find that when I mix it with my Studio Sculpt Foundation I don't have to use HALF as much as I normally do and it makes it WAYYYY easier to blend! It is a gel...so it's super hard to blend with a brush but when I add this to it, it becomes a dream! I'm an NC20 in Studio Sculpt and Buff Beige is the perrrrrfect match for me! I am paler because it's the winter time and this totally neutralizes my Studio Sculpt making it a tad bit closer to my skin color, and it looks so flawless and pretty. Omg. I love it. I'm so pleased! By itself it offers hardly and coverage though it's semi-buildable, but mixed with MAC it is PERFECTION. I am so glad that I found this...I can now extend the life of my studio sculpt and look more natural!

I wore this two years ago on my boyfriend's 18th birthday. I don't remember what shade it was I'm an NC20 for reference (fair skinned with yellow undertones) and it matched my skin PERFECTLY. It wasn't even mine, it was his aunt's. I just used it because I didn't have anything else. I got so many compliments, someone asked me if I was wearing Bare Minerals because they couldn't even see a line/or tell I was wearing make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by fulloffirenwater

I saw an advertisement for this product in Allure magazine and being a foundation lover I decided I would give it a whirl. I can honestly say, as of right now, this is my #1 favorite foundation. The packaging is cute, and a nice amount of make up comes out when you squeeze it. Not like some products where globs upon globs spur out. It applies very smoothly and theres no streaks at all. The only reason why I gave it a 4 insteado f a 5 is because I think that if someone has more to cover up, it may not have much coverage. It works well for me though because I have pretty clear skin. It keeps the skin very hydrating and worked well under humidity! (I wore it during the summer time in Florida, being a Floridian I have to be picky with my foundations) I will definatly be buying this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by kpborra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've read good reviews about this because it was a tinted moisturizer, which was what I was really looking for. However, they had a limited color range. The color was too light for me. And by early afternoon, the coverage was gone. I guess this foundation works for some people, but I'm not one of them! Still looking for that HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 24roses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Usually I wear Paula Begoun's Best Face Forward Foundation SPF 15 which I love. I wanted an inexpensive backup foundation so I grabbed CG Smoothers (Classic Ivory).

I really like this foundation. It provides light to medium coverage, very easy to blend & holds up fine with a light dusting of powder on my combo skin. If this foundation included SPF 15 sunscreen I'd probably stop buying Paula's foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Decent for the price. I typically shy away from "hydrating" foundations since my skin is on the oilier side, but after spending a number of summer days in the hot sun, I find that my skin can use a little hydrating. This tends to be more "recreational" foundation for me, ie, I'll wear it for several hours at a time, like when I go out at night and don't want to look overly made-up. For my oilier and post-acne scarred skin, it's not not your wear-all-day foundation that's going to transform flawed to fabulous, but it isn't bad for what it does. I can't say I love it, but I enjoy wearing it - it's easy to apply, delivers a decent look, and I like the hydrating element for the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by geekischic468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation... between five and ten dollars at the drugstore, and it's the best thing I've ever found!!!! Light to medium coverage, never cakes, doesn't melt, fade unevenly or accentuate flakies. It's smooth, creamy, and makes skin look flawless. Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is really a fantastic tinted moisturizer, NOT a foundation, so if you're looking for coverage, you're not going to get it from this. However, if you want light coverage, great moisturizing properties, and something that won't break you out, then this stuff is great. The colors are actually the colors of actual SKIN tones, unlike most drug store foundations which are all just in varying shades of orange or pink.

I wear shade 710, which is Classic Ivory I believe, and it suits my fair skin just fine. This stuff is also only $6 at my drug store, and I find the quality to be superb. It's a great substitute for my HG tinted moisturizer, Boots Botanics in Almond, which was discontinued. It's not QUITE as good because I do get a tad shiny at the end of the day in this, but overall I love it for giving me a dewy, healthy, natural look .

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by kerenrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with few excpectations, and it didn't exceed them.

It goes on very lightly and doesn't cover blemishes or redness (at all, on my face), and it leaves an oily sheen on all of my skin. It does go on easily and smoothly, but it never wears long and I have to reapply it often. It has also made my skin break out.

Perhaps it is just a bad foundation for my specific skin type, but I will never buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by suziegurl88

I like this foundation because it is very lightweight and not thick or greasy like some foundations but the coverage can be a little better,its great for a "natural" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by meliciousmelmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I was going on a weekend trip with my best friend and needed to pick up an airport friendly foundation, so I stopped at the drugstore and picked this up really quickly. I knew I would probably be in a sticky situation (no pun intended), but I had no other choice. I ended up really liking it though!

PROS:
- goes on smoothly (with primer)
- evens out skin tone
- has lasting power
- made dry patches look good, instead of accentuating them :)

CONS:
- was a little too dark, but i can just pick up a lighter shade!
- comes in a small plastic tubey thing.

for reference, i have combination skin (oily t-zone and random dry patches), this left my skin looking great! didn't make me shiny, and didn't make the dry patches look flaky like most foundations do!

btw, will not buy again because i like department store brands for my HG foundations. however, for something cheap this worked great!