Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 11/26/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like this foundation a lot. It is advertised as a medium to full coverage intensity but on me it is very sheer. I wear shade "Ivory" and I think it is a good dupe for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain ... not just in colour but in coverage. The packaging could be better and the tube does tend to leak into the cap if I don't store it upside down (it's meant to stand on it's cover) but that is not a big deal considering the price for what I find to be a quality product. PPP/Cool-toned, NW15. Will repurchase but I see this lasting a long time.

on 11/20/2009 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

BOTTOM LINE: Have been using this product for last 7 years to cover acne and acne scars. Changed to diff. make up today and realized (finally!) that not all liquid make ups are created equal!
PROS:
- Cheap (around $5) and widely available (drugstores, etc.)
- Water-based formula. Really doesn't clog pores. Doesn't accentuate flaky skin. Non-irritating.
CONS:
- If used as a concealer or for acne/acne scars this product's coverage is too light. You can dab it and layer it but ultimately it only covers about 80% of the blemish you are trying to conceal.
- In photos this product makes you look like you have white spots on face IF used as concealer, dotted over blemishes/scars. The white dots are the make up reflecting back due to the flash. (Even if you get a darker shade, it still is visible in photos.) Switched to Make Up Forever's HD Concealer and took photo- so far, no white areas visible in photo I took after coming home from store! YAY!! P.S.- It's titanium dioxide that causes this unfortunate phenomenon. It is found in all major concealers and foundations (trust me, I've done hands-on research reading labels in an entire Sephora!) but I guess some products contain more or less than others. Obviously, Cover Girl contains more than the Make Up Forever brand.
- Somewhat thin consistency, causing it to rub off at even a gentle touch. I've gone 7 years fearing someone will touch my face and rub it off or that it will rub off if I lean face on hand, etc. Make Up Forever HD Concealer has more "stick," which is apparent immediately. Feel more confident this one won't budge as much. Very relieving to feel like I can finally relax a little and not stress over such a thing most people take for granted!
CG Smoothers will be good if you don't have much to cover. continued >>

on 11/16/2009 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

Am only on my 2nd day of use but so far so good. I purchased after reading the reviews.

I am in my 50s and have had terrible skin since menopause. Just felt that any foundation I put on made it look worse. This has been a pleasant surprise. It doesnt cover everything but does seem to even out my general skin tone and make it a bit glowy. I purchased 730 classic beige and am not sure if it isn't a little too light. I am going to see how it goes and update.

I never thought a ds foundation would feel this good.

on 11/13/2009 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

UPDATE!!!!!
I bought this at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago because I loved it so much in the past. Well, it has not failed me! Yes, the coverage is VERY sheer...but I find that when I mix it with my Studio Sculpt Foundation I don't have to use HALF as much as I normally do and it makes it WAYYYY easier to blend! It is a gel...so it's super hard to blend with a brush but when I add this to it, it becomes a dream! I'm an NC20 in Studio Sculpt and Buff Beige is the perrrrrfect match for me! I am paler because it's the winter time and this totally neutralizes my Studio Sculpt making it a tad bit closer to my skin color, and it looks so flawless and pretty. Omg. I love it. I'm so pleased! By itself it offers hardly and coverage though it's semi-buildable, but mixed with MAC it is PERFECTION. I am so glad that I found this...I can now extend the life of my studio sculpt and look more natural!

I wore this two years ago on my boyfriend's 18th birthday. I don't remember what shade it was I'm an NC20 for reference (fair skinned with yellow undertones) and it matched my skin PERFECTLY. It wasn't even mine, it was his aunt's. I just used it because I didn't have anything else. I got so many compliments, someone asked me if I was wearing Bare Minerals because they couldn't even see a line/or tell I was wearing make up.

I saw an advertisement for this product in Allure magazine and being a foundation lover I decided I would give it a whirl. I can honestly say, as of right now, this is my #1 favorite foundation. The packaging is cute, and a nice amount of make up comes out when you squeeze it. Not like some products where globs upon globs spur out. It applies very smoothly and theres no streaks at all. The only reason why I gave it a 4 insteado f a 5 is because I think that if someone has more to cover up, it may not have much coverage. It works well for me though because I have pretty clear skin. It keeps the skin very hydrating and worked well under humidity! (I wore it during the summer time in Florida, being a Floridian I have to be picky with my foundations) I will definatly be buying this product again!

on 9/29/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've read good reviews about this because it was a tinted moisturizer, which was what I was really looking for. However, they had a limited color range. The color was too light for me. And by early afternoon, the coverage was gone. I guess this foundation works for some people, but I'm not one of them! Still looking for that HG foundation.

on 9/8/2009 2:44:00 PM

Usually I wear Paula Begoun's Best Face Forward Foundation SPF 15 which I love. I wanted an inexpensive backup foundation so I grabbed CG Smoothers (Classic Ivory).

I really like this foundation. It provides light to medium coverage, very easy to blend & holds up fine with a light dusting of powder on my combo skin. If this foundation included SPF 15 sunscreen I'd probably stop buying Paula's foundation.

on 8/26/2009 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent for the price. I typically shy away from "hydrating" foundations since my skin is on the oilier side, but after spending a number of summer days in the hot sun, I find that my skin can use a little hydrating. This tends to be more "recreational" foundation for me, ie, I'll wear it for several hours at a time, like when I go out at night and don't want to look overly made-up. For my oilier and post-acne scarred skin, it's not not your wear-all-day foundation that's going to transform flawed to fabulous, but it isn't bad for what it does. I can't say I love it, but I enjoy wearing it - it's easy to apply, delivers a decent look, and I like the hydrating element for the summer.

on 8/22/2009 11:26:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation... between five and ten dollars at the drugstore, and it's the best thing I've ever found!!!! Light to medium coverage, never cakes, doesn't melt, fade unevenly or accentuate flakies. It's smooth, creamy, and makes skin look flawless. Totally worth it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This product is really a fantastic tinted moisturizer, NOT a foundation, so if you're looking for coverage, you're not going to get it from this. However, if you want light coverage, great moisturizing properties, and something that won't break you out, then this stuff is great. The colors are actually the colors of actual SKIN tones, unlike most drug store foundations which are all just in varying shades of orange or pink.

I wear shade 710, which is Classic Ivory I believe, and it suits my fair skin just fine. This stuff is also only $6 at my drug store, and I find the quality to be superb. It's a great substitute for my HG tinted moisturizer, Boots Botanics in Almond, which was discontinued. It's not QUITE as good because I do get a tad shiny at the end of the day in this, but overall I love it for giving me a dewy, healthy, natural look .