April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another mascara that disappoints. I have yet to find one that's worth anything... I mean, even if I spend $30 (which wasn't the price of the CDT), they all still perform about the same as Maybelline Great Lash. This stuff was only about $17 but it was a complete disappointment in every way. It didn't lengthen, it didn't add volume and it didn't hold the curl from my eyelash curler. An MUAer mentioned it was her Holy Grail so I bought it. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. This mascara was so incredibly ordinary. What a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by camieee

Love it, love it, love it!

The two layer formula has always worked for me. It's fairly pricey but it does the job. My only criticism would be the brush for the black end...it's not that great.

Still a great mascara, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by reinbow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have straight thin lashes, after using an eyelash curler this mascara was okay at creating some length and some volume however it is not consistent,some days it does nothing 4 me. Also the end result is spider eye effect looks like i only have 6 actual lashes.The primer was very gooey and often my lashes felt very heavy after applyign this mascara. WARNING: product does clump a lash comb a must with this mascara. Its better than the maybelline i was using but would not purchase again.I feel its not worth the 9 price tag (UK).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kikololi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the mascara, you first apply the white side and then add the regular mascara on. The white side is supposed to be fiber that will elongate you lashes. It does give me long long long lashes if i do have the patience to lengthen then with the white side. Love the results. It's a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2005 9:29:00 PM More reviews by E2tG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is okay...I have short and thin lashes and after using this, I didn't get much of a "false lash illusion." I used the Loreal version of this mascara too, and Bourjois doesn't clump as much but both don't really make my lashes dramatically thicker in comparison to a a few coats of regular mascara. It also sometimes irritates my eyes when I have my contacts in. Overall, it's not bad, but it's not great either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by dansgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have found! Lately I've been on the search for something new that is less expensive but I've been disappointed with everything I've tried. This is the only mascara that makes my lashes stand out and it doesn't dot my eyelid by the end of the day which is important to me. I adore this mascara and gladly pay the $17 plus shipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by mon0818

It is an OK product but not what I would like - it is quite a thin mixture. It does strengthing a bit but does not build up on volume and the result is not as dramatic as it says. Effect: defined thin lashes, with a bit of smudge! I would rather go for Max Factor Calorie 2000.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2004 4:38:00 PM More reviews by shortys_babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this makes you lashes long, not extremley the best long, just longer I have found tat after completley applying the white and the black, the black is really flimsy. Your eyelashes do not look very black and it tends to wear away. I was dissapointed with this and I would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2004 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Jolichat

I don't know how this product keeps selling. It was a nightmare! Both 'ends' of the mascara clumped up on me and made a rats nest of goo at the base of my eyes. Never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by velektronika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this while I was travelling in Europe, since it's cheaper over there. I liked it. I bought it in the raisin color. I consider this a very basic mascara even when you use the primer. I didn't get a "false lash illusion". But if you like a defined and separated look, then you might like this. I'm more into volume for my eyelashes. I do like the fact that Bourjois has a good color selection in mascaras. Other brands should learn from this.