Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

3.2

on 4/5/2005 3:32:00 PM

Horrible mascara...when u coat the lashes with the black colour after applying the white extending liquid..the lashes are difficult to fully coat with the black mascara and you are left with 'zebra like' eyelashes..also is a very dry formula. Not impressed at all.

on 3/24/2005 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Another mascara that disappoints. I have yet to find one that's worth anything... I mean, even if I spend $30 (which wasn't the price of the CDT), they all still perform about the same as Maybelline Great Lash. This stuff was only about $17 but it was a complete disappointment in every way. It didn't lengthen, it didn't add volume and it didn't hold the curl from my eyelash curler. An MUAer mentioned it was her Holy Grail so I bought it. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. This mascara was so incredibly ordinary. What a disappointment.

on 2/24/2005 11:34:00 AM

Love it, love it, love it!

The two layer formula has always worked for me. It's fairly pricey but it does the job. My only criticism would be the brush for the black end...it's not that great.

Still a great mascara, though.

on 2/16/2005 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have straight thin lashes, after using an eyelash curler this mascara was okay at creating some length and some volume however it is not consistent,some days it does nothing 4 me. Also the end result is spider eye effect looks like i only have 6 actual lashes.The primer was very gooey and often my lashes felt very heavy after applyign this mascara. WARNING: product does clump a lash comb a must with this mascara. Its better than the maybelline i was using but would not purchase again.I feel its not worth the 9 price tag (UK).

on 2/5/2005 4:01:00 PM

Love the mascara, you first apply the white side and then add the regular mascara on. The white side is supposed to be fiber that will elongate you lashes. It does give me long long long lashes if i do have the patience to lengthen then with the white side. Love the results. It's a keeper.

on 2/3/2005 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is okay...I have short and thin lashes and after using this, I didn't get much of a "false lash illusion." I used the Loreal version of this mascara too, and Bourjois doesn't clump as much but both don't really make my lashes dramatically thicker in comparison to a a few coats of regular mascara. It also sometimes irritates my eyes when I have my contacts in. Overall, it's not bad, but it's not great either.

on 2/1/2005 7:27:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have found! Lately I've been on the search for something new that is less expensive but I've been disappointed with everything I've tried. This is the only mascara that makes my lashes stand out and it doesn't dot my eyelid by the end of the day which is important to me. I adore this mascara and gladly pay the $17 plus shipping.

on 1/28/2005 11:43:00 AM

It is an OK product but not what I would like - it is quite a thin mixture. It does strengthing a bit but does not build up on volume and the result is not as dramatic as it says. Effect: defined thin lashes, with a bit of smudge! I would rather go for Max Factor Calorie 2000.

on 12/26/2004 4:38:00 PM

Although this makes you lashes long, not extremley the best long, just longer I have found tat after completley applying the white and the black, the black is really flimsy. Your eyelashes do not look very black and it tends to wear away. I was dissapointed with this and I would not buy it again.

on 12/17/2004 2:10:00 PM

I don't know how this product keeps selling. It was a nightmare! Both 'ends' of the mascara clumped up on me and made a rats nest of goo at the base of my eyes. Never again!

Top Rated Bourjois Products