November 27, 2014 | 971 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the MAC brushes really worth paying for that lives up to the hype. I'm about to buy another one of these...its so versatile I use the one I have too often. I use it to fill my brows, line my eyes, and apply shadow under my eyes. It is soft and doesn't poke my eyes and it has just the right amount of "give" to it so that my liner always looks great. I've tried to find a lot of cheaper dupes for this-ecotools, smashbox, sonia kashuk etc. but none are really quite the right feel. I'm going to have to break down and get another one but I might try the 263 first just so I don't have duplicates. I do really love this brush though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

i use this to apply mac fluidliner AND brow powder and it's wonderful for both. the precision it offers is amazing. my eyeliner always turns out clean and crisp with ease. when used with brow powder, the lines are soft, even and natural looking. it takes a minute to get used to but once you do, it's very versatile and very worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great brush. I love it for filling in my eyebrows. Does the job perfectly. I also use it for some eyeshadow looks and gel liner. Great buy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This brush is essential in my Makeup kit, its by far the best angled brush out there and my Holy Grail. I own both the SE version of this and the Full size- I find the SE version fluffier, which can be a bad or good thing- I use the SE version to cut my crease and apply my Stila gel liner. I use the full size for highlighting under my waterline and winging out my eyeshadow- this creates the perfect wing or straight line- amazing! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome brush, the angle is just right for applying liner. I use this brush to apply eye shadow wet, as a liner. Have had this brush for years and it still looks new. The bristles don't shed or separate. Can't imagine not having this baby.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Great little brush - I use this to fill in my brows and to apply gel liner. I've always sucked at applying gel liners but this makes it SO easy and I can control how thick or thin I want the line. No shedding with this brush either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by nidsters19

I love this brush for application to the top liner with fluid line or to smooth out a line with eyeliner. I use this brush on my eyebrows, and sometimes to separate lashes after mascara, too. For the applications I always use it, it's awesome. I don't necessarily love it for the bottom lash-liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this brush to go with my MAC fluidline gel and it is a little gem!

Not too thick or thin and not too firm or too soft ............ in fact it's just right!

Don't press too hard to get a thinner and lighter line and then press a bit firmer towards the end to get a thicker line.

I love MAC stuff - have not been disappointed with any of it yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by TiigerLiily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent! It is certainly one of my favourite brushes, a staple of my collection. It works beautifully for drawing on or evenly smudging eyeshadow, eyeliner, liquid shadows and liners, nearly anything. Its very soft around my eyes and it has never lost any hairs. It picks up colour and powder beautifully and can be used to spread it in many different angles and styles. I have also found it effective for covering blemishes with powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for about a year, and it's held up well under less than stellar conditions. I'm not exactly kind to my brushes when I wash them...I'm a little on the rough side. However, my trusty 266 has hung in there with me, and hasn't lost it's shape or even any bristles. It's made of synthetic fibers so it doesn't hold as much bacteria as natural fibers, and it doesn't splay out at all, even after continual use and washes.

This is a small, thin, angle brush. It's perfect for lining above the eyes with cake, gel, or liquid liners, and is also very effective for tightlining and lining the waterline. It's great for smudging, as well. Overall, a very versatile brush. I'm glad I got it, as it's become a staple in my collection. Definitely recommend.