August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst by far don't waste your money! The only reason I've heard that this product is pushed is because a few models like this and for the life of me I do not know why. The formula is bland....meaning it doesn't lift or give you volume. I've used a curler and it layed back down flat. I used to use this in high school because it was cheap but I wouldn't use it ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by lesyeuxbleu

I have given this mascara more than its fair share of chances but every time I give it another chance and repurchase it (only when it is very on sale) I regret it. I bought this 2 days ago because it was on clearance at my local drugstore and am sorry I did. The formula is terrible and the wand makes is very difficult to apply the product. At least I know to never buy this mascara again, no matter how on sale it is and will be sticking with my HG mascaras (L'Oreal Telescopic and Maybelline Falsies) only from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by xodancefreak95

this mascara does absolutely nothing! the only thing that it might do is make your lashes a little darker. absolutely no lengthening or thickening though, i would definitely not recommend this ever!
sticking 2 my covergirl lashblast all the way!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Tara1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A few of my friends use this mascara and have for years. I had bought it before and recently revisited it. I am glad that I did because for $5.50 it does a great job. I had previously been using a Youngblood Mascara and this works just as good if not better! The formula is wet but buildable.

Update - I just bought the new one with the pink rubber wand/brush. The formula is amazing and so is the brush. For $5 this works just as well as some $20 or $30 high end mascaras that I have used. If you purchase this I know you will be pleasantly surprised. The new brush takes a little getting used to but it catches every little lash and lengthens beyond my expectations. I'm super happy with this item, especially given the low price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why Maybelline just won't let this die, and continues to push it. It's horrible. It doesn't thicken and it clumps like hell. It does lengthen them a bit, but I have much better mascaras that do that and so much more. This is one of those products that gets advertised everywhere and I have no idea why. Maybelline has discontinued much better mascaras, why not this one? Their Colossal Volum'Express mascara is so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

This product is okay, but I don't really like the spaced out look it does to my lashes. But the consistancy is great, though I find it dries too quickly when I apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by vianna

I like the very black color and the fact that it does not dry out at all. HOwever, I hate the brush (I am thinking about using another brush) and I suspect that the brush is just a big part of why people hate this mascara. It is too small and the bristles are spaced out and not dense.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this product! I remember growing up, my mom always used this stuff, and of course, every little girl admires their mom's beauty. Well, when I finally started to wear makeup myself, I began trying other mascaras, but I had always wondered about this one... No more! Now, I know. Totally doesn't work for me!! The consistency is too thin and goopy. Not only does is do nothing for my volume OR length, but it also flakes off and smudges way too easily! It is affordable, and the packaging's cute, but that really doesn't matter when you take into account the product quality. The only good comment I have is in regards to its dark black color. Other than that, spend your money elsewhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by taylorxblaine

This is my HG mascara. After trying mascara after mascara, this is the only one that works as well as this one does. It makes my eyelashes look "pretty". It doesnt do a whole lot for volume, but they look REAL. For any girl that wants to find a cheap mascara that gives you a soft, natural, but defined look, this is for you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

It's not like anyone would want to buy this based on the reviews here, but here goes. Ok, so I don't HATE this mascara like most people. The almost-watery texture of it leaves it as one of the most natural looking mascaras I've ever used, and I'd way rather have eyelashes that don't stand out too much than spidery lashes that other mascaras offer. In high school, I wore so little makeup, if any. I have dark brown hair, but blonde eyebrows and eyelashes. This mascara would potentially be perfect for a no-makeup day because it lightly coats lashes just enough that they're noticable, but definitely not attention grabbing. My real qualm with this mascara is it doesn't dry or stay on your eyelashes at all. It gives you racoon eyes within hours. WAY faster than any other mascara. The waterproof version would potentially be better because it's waterproof, but that one is just clumpy. Unlike a lot of people, I do understand why makeup artists recommend it. It's so natural looking. I would imagine it being great for shoots where you want the model to look naturally perfect, not like she's wearing makeup. There is a makeup artist on-site to perfect anything that may go wrong if it smudges, etc. Unfortunately for girls in the real world, we don't have a makeup artist on-site or the time to check the mirror every half hour to see how bad our eyes look from this.