August 1, 2014 | 1851 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with sunscreens. Since I'm NC45, I can't slap on just any sunscreen, because I could end up with a gray/purple face. So there's been a lot of trial and error. I'm STILL looking for a sunscreen that I'm 100% happy with.

This is the best one so far, out of many. It's a great texture and the first one that hasn't felt thick and greasy and disgusting on my face. It really has the texture of a regular moisturizer. And best of all, it doesn't leave that white/ purple cast and make me ashy looking.

Cons are that if you get it too close to your eyes, it can shift during the course of the day and make them sting like all getout. Also, I find that it can make my face oily if I'm not careful with my regular moisturizer underneath.

Other than that, this is the one I'll be sticking with until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by makemeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd tube of this, though it is drying and makes my eyes sting. I think it protects my face enough from burning. Tried the spf 55, but that left me with a white cast.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bren81

i bought this at costco because of the price. plus i heard good things about it but it did not work on me at all. i don't know what ingredient in this caused it but it stung my eyes so much that my eyes teared up constantly and couldn't wear eye make up until i realized it was the sunscreen that was doing it. also after applying this sunscreen for about a week i started to break out really badly.... and i still have the scars... so sad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by shell1215

I'm a former sunscreen shunner, I finally decided I was getting "old" enough and need to start wearing sunscreen on my face. I was always hestitant in part to being very acne prone and was worried that sunscreen would really break me out like anything else new I tried. I actually got this on sale and the end of summer last year and am very pleased thus far. Lately I've been using Dermalogica's matte block and am happy that as well, it has an spf of 20. I use the Neutrogena one when I know I'll be outside for a longer period of time. I mix some with my regular mosturizer and it is so creamy and spreads well without breaking me out at all. There is no shine factor, the real test will come during the summer! So far so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by catdk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product early in the summer to use while cycling, when my face is exposed to the sun for several hours at a time. It goes on without greasiness and didn't cause me to breakout. Gave me great protection.

I've just made the switch this year to oil free products, as hormonal breakouts are suddenly a problem for me. This product worked beautifully.

FYI - I also bought the "roll on stick version" of their oil free sunscreen, for traveling, and it's not shaped properly for application to the face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by rubie

This sunscreen stings my eyes like crazy. Unfortunately, this is not the "it" sunscreen for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

This is a cheaper substitute for my Body Guard Dermadoctor sunscreen and it works just as well. After a few minutes of drying it doesn't leave the greasy smell or scent suncreens usually have and works as a nice primer. I use it every morning on my face and neck and it doesn't cause me any breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one's a winner!

I've been using this instead of moisturizer on my face, neck, chest, and decolletage daily for at least a year or more now. One of my family members had melanoma, and I'm really fair, so I'm super-conscious about sun protection. I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, but I love that this product protects me from even incidental sun exposure (which is something most people never worry about) that adds up over time. Even if you're not worried about melanoma, incidental sun exposure over the years is the biggest reason that we get wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and other skin woes usually associated with "aging." All the research says that sun exposure, even the incidental kind, is the biggest culprit when it comes to those issues. Luckily, we can do something about it!

I like that this product doesn't have any of that "whiteness" or opaque quality that some sunscreens have. It simply absorbs into my skin, giving just the right amount of moisture for my normal-to-combination skin, without being sticky or heavy at all. It hasn't made me break out, and I haven't noticed any irritation even when I use it around my eyes or on my eyelids. It has a slightly dewy, almost matte finish once it has been absorbed into my skin. The packaging says it's "sweatproof" but when I sweat, I do notice that I get a bit of an oily film on my face, but that's a small price to pay for sun protection and isn't that much different than when I'm not using this product. When my face sweats, it gets an oily film no matter what product I'm using, after all.

It also seems to work well under my makeup. I'm using Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, and it doesn't make it cake up or look strange. It also doesn't have too much of that unpleasant "sunscreen" odor that some products have. Maybe my nose has just gotten used to it, but I think it smells fairly pleasant for a product with sunscreen. And whatever scent it does have fades very quickly, so I only notice it when I'm applying.

I am also reassured that this product carries an endorsement from the American Cancer Society, and says that it offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. I'll be buying this again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by prettypunky

This product worked alright as far as sun protection goes, but it made me breakout with those silly little flesh coloured bumps after only three days. It wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by productgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a GREAT sunscreen. Often when you get very high SPF in a sunscreen you get the dreaded white cast after application- with this sunscreen you DO NOT. And, it actaully does what the bottle states it will do, absorb quickly, leave a non-greasy dry feel. It really does live up to the decription. And, for my sensitive skin it does not sting, burn, irritate, cause breakouts, or make my eyes sting and water. When visiting my dad he randomly grabbed it and used it before golfing and loved it so much he bought a bottle at CVS on the way home after he finished his 18 holes! And btw, my dad could care less about beauty products so that is a solid recommendation if I have ever heard of one! HG sunscreen in my book.