October 31, 2014 | 1550 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in NC30, which isn't an exact match for my skin because I received it in a gift basket as part of a door prize. I have really good skin and I don't usually wear any product on it (except a light powder bronzer), but this is very nice for under my eyes and if I have a red spot here or there. Because the color doesn't match my tanned skin, I don't use it all over, not that I need to anyways.

I do really like it though, and I find that it gives good undereye coverage that is both natural looking and non-drying. Aka it doesn't look like I have coverup caked on under my eyes. The formula doesn't cake in the creases around my eyes, and it lasts until I take it off at night with makeup remover. I find that I can make it either dewy or matte in appearance, by applying it with either a wet or dry latex sponge wedge. It also goes on nicely if I apply eye cream first, and then apply this over top. Since it's a very yellow toned foundation, it combats my purple undereye circles nicely when needed.

Overall, a nice product, and I like that it has SPF15 because I use it around my eyes. However, if I was using it allover my face, I would probably avoid a product that contains any SPF because I tan (and also the issue of the classic white face in flash photography). This product gives great coverage (I've used it many times to spot cover a zit or red spot) and it does a great job at hiding any dark circles under my eyes. You can layer it too for better coverage, or wear only a little bit for sheer coverage. I like that you can layer it, because some days when I haven't slept well and have extra dark circles, I can just add a little more product and it takes care of it for me. I like that, because I don't have to spend extra money or time on a seperate under eye concealor product, I can just use this and be done in a matter of seconds. I probably won't repurchase any time soon just because I use so little that I've had a full bottle of this for almost a year now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I generally like this foundation. I have very clear skin without almost any redness, so I love sheer, lightweight foundations. This is definitely it! It covered what I needed but still looked natural, never cake-faced. I'm NC20 and it matched 110% perfectly. It also lasted me a long time because I never had to use more than half a pump, so I would say it was definitely worth the price. I got a bit oily later in the day, but I used some blot powder & it looked fresh and perfect again.

That said, it doesn't come with a pump, so if you want to avoid messy spills or wasting product, you have to buy one (but if I recall correctly, they're pretty cheap). Also, I dislike the glass bottle. It's pretty, but I travel a lot and always got nervous it will break, so I had to wrap it in a Ziploc bag inside socks and underwear. Another issue with me is the addition of SPF. My moisturizer already has it, and when you take pictures with a flash, the SPF makes the light reflect & your face look a ton lighter than the rest of you, even though it really isn't. This has definitely ruined otherwise great photos, because it made me look like a clown.

I will repurchase this in the future, especially for use at work and other casual events. I own a TEMPTU system which I love dearly, and does not make my face too light in photos, so I will alternate between the two. Overall, a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Pauw

I basically got this because I I'm not a fan of heavy coverage foundation. I don't have that much to cover on my face as well that's why this is good for me.

Pros:
For the price tag, this is worth it because it will last you a long time
Sheer light to medium coverage but buildable
Suits my oily skin fair enough
Has SPF 15! :D

Cons:
No pump included
For those who wants heavier coverage, this is not for you

I got this in shade NC30, just a half a shade lighter than my true shade which is NC 35. I used to set this with my NC35 Studio fix powder and the colors just neutralize so perfectly. But after using MAC MSFN, wow. You should go try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Last year, when Clinique discontinued the shade of Stay True that I had been using, I tried the MAC counter, they recommended Select SPF for my oily skin and did indeed get a good colour match (NC20) so at least I know my MAC shade. However, the product does not work well at all; after a couple of hours it goes all patchy and dry looking as well as oxidising to orange so I look like a dried out clementine - very attractive ! Have almost a full bottle waiting to include in a Back to Mac bundle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Dianerrs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've spent YEARS looking for an HG foundation, and I believe I've found it in this! The price is a bit much, but on a shopping trip to the city, I stopped in to MAC as it's the closest one to me (about 8 hours away from where I live), with the intention of just grabbing some new brushes or something. I ended up walking away with this bad boy after the make up artist matched me to it, and I knew I'd regret it if I didn't get it.
I'm surprised at how low of a rating this got, because I'm in love
NW15 blends in perfectly with my skin. I've never found any other foundation that matches me quite so well. This has the perfect undertones to not make me look yellow, or dirty, or too pink or anything. I was a bit worried about it breaking me out,because of all the complaints of that happening, but I've been using it for a month noticed I haven't noticed anything at all.

I apply thing over a prime (currently, MUFE's), and set with a translucent powder, and it doesn't move until I wash it off at night. I've also seriously gotten more compliments about my complexion while wearing this than any other, so it must be doing something right!

My skin is a bit dry- it didn't always used to be like that, and I suspect if I'd tried this a few years ago when I had oily, acne-prone skin, I would have absolutely HATED it. I need about a medium amount of coverage, and this does it perfectly. It also makes my face feel really soft.

The only thing I hate about this is the price. $35CAD a bottle, I believe.i think this bottle should last me quite awhile though- a little bit does the job perfectly. Unless I find something better though, I'll keep buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by katemm06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrible foundation!!! Do not recommend. I tried this from MAC for the first time after Lancome discontinued my foundation I had been wearing for years. I have very pale skin and it's hard to find foundations that work for my coloring. I chose it because the color was very close to my natural skintone. It blends ok for the first few minutes and then for some reason cakes and breaks up on the face even if coverage is applied light. Does not look natural. It's very obvious that you are wearing makeup and I got a ton of breakouts wearing this. I was so disappointed and will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by MissVintage28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only foundation I've found and really liked. I have many troublesome acne scars and this foundation along with a little concealer and a finishing powder is the great for making my skin look flawless. I also love how mac has such a wide colour range, so theres little chance that the one I choose doesn't match my skintone. I also found that this foundation doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores, and having at least some spf is great! My skin is very hydrated, so I don't have any of the problems concerning flakiness, as it just blends into my skin and stays that way for the rest of the day. I will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by justsaying

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't say anything bad about this product. First of, this is NOT for dry skin. i have an oily skin and this product works well for me.

1. STUDIO FIX FOUNDATION is good for normal to combination skin type, it gives medium to full coverage and gives a matte finish.

2. STUDIO SCULPT SPF 15 FOUNDATION is good for dry skin type, gives a full coverage and satin finish... not too sheer nor too matte. so dont use this is you have an oily skin as this will give more moisture and will make your skin become greasey.

3. SELECT SPF 15 FOUNDATION is good for oily skin type. it gives a medium coverage and a matte finish. (this is best for my skin type)

I have been a MAC user for many years since it is the only brand which does not give me breakouts after having tried others. i have an oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin and only in this brand i stopped having breakouts and acne. myonly problem now is the oiliness. i guess it's just a matter of knowing your skin type and knowing the kind of foundation that suits your skin type so as not to have clogged pores, breakouts etc... i hope this helps those who wanna try MAC or for those who are loving MAC but seem to be confused of the effects on their skin.

btw, LANCASTER INFINITE BRONZE(comes in a tube with brush) also gives a good light finish on the skin.. for sensitive and dry skin type.it's more of a tinted moisturizer kind of liquid. but it is a great product, on my opinion.

i hope this helps. well if i find a cheaper brand which gives good results for my skin type then im good to try it out...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by HelloooAgatha

When I was looking for a foundation for the first time in my life, I went to the top brands because they seemed to be most trustable. I knew a lot of people who had MAC and looooved it. I went to the store and asked them if it clogged pores; since they said no, I gave it a shot. This foundation was pretty expensive, and it didn't cover as much as I would have liked it too, though it did even out the tone in my skin. However, this foundation is really thick and DOES CLOG PORES. I was really disappointed when I found out that they had lied to me and that the acne I got was pretty bad. They were the biggest pimples I have ever received to date. It doesn't matter how well you wash your face at night because this is really bad for your skin.
I will not buy this product again. It's definitely not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by CydneyN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A few months ago I purchased MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation in NC44. First of all, the makeup artist who prescribed this color to me was an idiot, as it seemed too orange at first and just generally too dark. As summer came along and I got a bit of a tan, it matches nearly perfectly.

That said, I am pretty happy with this product. Its sheer, very wearable, and leaves my patchy skin smooth and even.

If you wait too long to blend, it can dry and become caked in that spot.

I apply it with a rather cheap EcoTools large foundation brush and it blends very well, I find that it actually looks BETTER after a few hours!

I can wear this to P.E., out running errands or shopping during the summer, and it stays put pretty well!

If you have dry/normal skin, this foundation is for you. Its smooth, creamy, and stays put for up to 16 hours, as long as you blot!