MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

on 8/13/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well I was disappointed in this one. I love matte eyeshadows from Mac but so far the only ones I've owned have been the Matte squared. This was the first Matte shadow that I received in a swap and I'm highly disappointed with it. The texture and color payoff is awful! It is very chalky. I don't know if I got a bad shadow or that is just how the first Matte formulas are made, but it was not nice to work with. The color itself is a plain, neutral brown that would be great for an everyday shadow if not for the terrible chalky texture. I quickly swapped this one away.

on 7/25/2010 2:39:00 PM

I mainly use it for contouring and I love the effect it gives on my face. I have also used it as an eyeshadow for the natural looking days and looks lovely. A must have in my make-up kit!

on 7/22/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I first used this color when I received it as a gift from a family member about twenty years ago, and have used it ever since. It remains my go-to crease color for my neutral eye looks. A staple for every eye shadow collection.

on 7/17/2010 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love using this in the crease for a pin-up look or my everyday neutral eye. I also really like soft brown but that's more orange. A lot of people say wedge or cork will do the thrick, i prefer wedge anytime! just a very pretty matte neutral brown! also works as a browcolour for me

on 7/12/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I do have a dark eye lid (MAC NC42/43). I usually use MAC's Groundwork Paint Pot for it and if I want to keep my lid color for the day and just use black eyeliner on the lash lines, I seal in groundwork with Wedge eyeshadow. Makes a great "I'm not thinking about how I look so quit staring at me" look.

on 7/11/2010 10:13:00 AM

Not sure whether this product came from a bad production batch - same as with MAC's "Cork" - or what....but this shadow is utterly horrid. For a MAC shadow anyhow. Extremely poor pigment level, relatively loosely pressed ( meaning there is fallout galore when tapping/swirling a brush in it).

As to the colour: it's beyond boring and dull. I'm all for "my eyes but better" subtlety, but this is just a superfluous, drab colour. It doesn't show up at all - except as a layer of powder - and I'm reasonably fair.

And if that wasn't enough - unlike MAC's usual velvety smooth shadows, this shadow really isn't like that. Not exactly gritty in feel, but it feels MUCH harsher than most of my other MAC eye products. It drags on the delicate eye skin, regardless of what brush I use.

I'm struggling to imagine who would need this colour and for what purpose. Unless they simply wanted to powder their eyelids with a light tan powder. In which case there are MUCH cheaper and MUCH better options than this item.

URGH. Be sure to test before you buy....and keep the receipt!

on 7/6/2010 5:15:00 PM

Where would I be without this eyeshadow?! This was one of the first mac eyeshadows I got (I got four to fill a small palette). The advisor recommended this to me as a good 'blending out' colour. I was a little disappointed to begin with as it was the first time I had ventured into mac and had expected to come out with 'wow' colours. However, I only realised how great this shadow is when I started to use it to blend the crease into the highlight-it is the perfect transition colour. I highly recommend this, it won't rock your world but it is indispensible!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love that this is matte because I have so many shimmery colors close to Wedge. Wedge is very nice, laid back I don't want to fuss around e/s. I'm cool/neutral light/medium depending on the season and this color tone works well for me. However, even with a base, I can't get the right amount of pigmentation with this. I have put on 3 layers to see any color. Because Wedge is so calm on me, I pair it with a bright blush look. I use Wedge as either a crease or lid color and pair it with various neutrals. Wedge works great with many many colors! The only reason why I rate this shadow as a three is due to the fact that it doesn't show up that good on my skintone.

on 6/21/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

this is the best crease color EVER if you have green eyes (and your going for a natural/neutral look)!!!! have already gone through a few of these. yes, yes, yes!!!!!!

on 6/19/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hands down favorite mac eyeshadow EVER!!! Just sweep it over your lids and in your crease lightly and then a little under your eyes with the 217 brush and it looks totally gorgeous and completely natural. Mines almost gone, and i've only had it since december, I freaking love this eyeshadow to much. & it's so easy for multitasking as its matte!

Video Reviews & Tutorials