August 30, 2014 | 1877 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love using this in the crease for a pin-up look or my everyday neutral eye. I also really like soft brown but that's more orange. A lot of people say wedge or cork will do the thrick, i prefer wedge anytime! just a very pretty matte neutral brown! also works as a browcolour for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do have a dark eye lid (MAC NC42/43). I usually use MAC's Groundwork Paint Pot for it and if I want to keep my lid color for the day and just use black eyeliner on the lash lines, I seal in groundwork with Wedge eyeshadow. Makes a great "I'm not thinking about how I look so quit staring at me" look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Not sure whether this product came from a bad production batch - same as with MAC's "Cork" - or what....but this shadow is utterly horrid. For a MAC shadow anyhow. Extremely poor pigment level, relatively loosely pressed ( meaning there is fallout galore when tapping/swirling a brush in it).

As to the colour: it's beyond boring and dull. I'm all for "my eyes but better" subtlety, but this is just a superfluous, drab colour. It doesn't show up at all - except as a layer of powder - and I'm reasonably fair.

And if that wasn't enough - unlike MAC's usual velvety smooth shadows, this shadow really isn't like that. Not exactly gritty in feel, but it feels MUCH harsher than most of my other MAC eye products. It drags on the delicate eye skin, regardless of what brush I use.

I'm struggling to imagine who would need this colour and for what purpose. Unless they simply wanted to powder their eyelids with a light tan powder. In which case there are MUCH cheaper and MUCH better options than this item.

URGH. Be sure to test before you buy....and keep the receipt!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by laurakeen

Where would I be without this eyeshadow?! This was one of the first mac eyeshadows I got (I got four to fill a small palette). The advisor recommended this to me as a good 'blending out' colour. I was a little disappointed to begin with as it was the first time I had ventured into mac and had expected to come out with 'wow' colours. However, I only realised how great this shadow is when I started to use it to blend the crease into the highlight-it is the perfect transition colour. I highly recommend this, it won't rock your world but it is indispensible!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I love that this is matte because I have so many shimmery colors close to Wedge. Wedge is very nice, laid back I don't want to fuss around e/s. I'm cool/neutral light/medium depending on the season and this color tone works well for me. However, even with a base, I can't get the right amount of pigmentation with this. I have put on 3 layers to see any color. Because Wedge is so calm on me, I pair it with a bright blush look. I use Wedge as either a crease or lid color and pair it with various neutrals. Wedge works great with many many colors! The only reason why I rate this shadow as a three is due to the fact that it doesn't show up that good on my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the best crease color EVER if you have green eyes (and your going for a natural/neutral look)!!!! have already gone through a few of these. yes, yes, yes!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down favorite mac eyeshadow EVER!!! Just sweep it over your lids and in your crease lightly and then a little under your eyes with the 217 brush and it looks totally gorgeous and completely natural. Mines almost gone, and i've only had it since december, I freaking love this eyeshadow to much. & it's so easy for multitasking as its matte!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

Wedge is a lovely color. Although there is nothing striking about this color, it is definitely an underestimated e/s. It's a very soft dark brown and can also be used to darken up a look if desired. It is very versatile; on casual days, I use it to darken up my crease and it looks really nice and polished, without it making my eyes look harsh. It brings my look together, IMO. It gives me that "no makeup" makeup look, which I love, especially for the summer. When I do a darker smokey eye, I use this to transition & blend out the edges, this is a great color for that. Overall, one of my favorite e/s. A definite go-to in my book. I will repurchase :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This is one of those colors that in my opinion won't work for fair/cool skins. This must look lovely on warm to neutral complexions. This must look nice on hazel eyes. Wedge has a great matte formula.
This and Omega look horrible on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dorothyyxo

It's way too light for my skin and I consider myself to be pretty fair. It doesn't show up and I have to pack it on to see anything. I can't believe I'm the only bad review, LOL