Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable Glycerin, Olive Oil, Orange Oil, Oat Flour, Lanolin, Oat Oil, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Oil, Beta-Carotene, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Quillaja Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am surprised by the general low reviews on this product. I think this may be due to people expecting a different result from it than what it is meant to do. This is NOT a good produt if you have acne-prone skin- it may dry it out, or (more likely) do nothing. This is for people with fairly normal-ish skin. I have dry skin, and I have been happily using this product for years now. It smells great, and is very simple, and just leaves my skin feeling refreshed, and washed. It does not feel like you are using harsh chemicals on your skin (because you aren't), which is great. Some people do not like the consistency, so make sure you are okay with putting a product on your face that feels a bit sticky, and does not "foam" up like many facial cleansers. This does not bother me, as the product rinses off and does not leave residue. The tube is also reasonably priced and lasts a fairly long time. Totally recommended.

This cleanser is good for dry skin...and for someone post accutane like myself...is dry! I am not chapped but just run dry...I would recommend using a cleansing cloth to swipe off your makeup and then cleanse with this. It's very high in oils...but it is really soothing for dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This doesn't clean very good but if your face is chapped from using too many acne products this is where this stuff shines. Not great for everyday though. If you over dosed on BP this stuff is for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this stuff because it smells soooooo good. It smells so good that I'm ashamed to admit that I licked it, and it also tasted really good. Yes, I am a weirdo. Anyway, what makes me not wanna buy this stuff again is the fact that it feels so weird. It really feels like you're smearing vaseline all over your face, and that scares me since I have acne prone skin if I'm not really careful. I also think it doesn't cleanse so well. I gave this 3 lippies regardless because it's all natural and might be good for people who don't wear much foundation and have dry skin. This stuff just isn't for me. I ended up using it as a really expensive (and tasty) shaving cream.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favorite thing about this product is the scent. It smells AWESOME, like fresh-cut oranges. LOVE the scent. I also like that you get a lot in the tube for the price -- most cleansers are like 2oz at most, this one is 4oz. Other than that....meh. I use it in the shower, on a wet face, and it just doesn't do that great of a job, I don't think. For one thing, I feel like I can't get it all off, I feel filmy after use. For another, it doesn't do well on eye makeup at all. AND it hurts if you get it in your eyes. Finally, I hate the packaging, the screw-top is hard to use in the shower. Would like it a lot better if it was a squeeze-top. Won't buy again, sadly, because--did i mention I love the scent??

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Why oh why did I not check the reviews before I bought this. I thought the thick consistentcy would be gentle and not strip my skin of too many oils since I'm using this Epiduo gel that has dried my skin out. Ugh, the smell is nice but that's it. My face doesn't feel clean after using it.

A cleanser like this is perfect for when my skin goes crazy during the in-between months. I use this throughout the fall and during the winter. Just wet your hands, apply to your face, then wipe off with a warm cloth. The orange scent is an extra treat for me.

It's a great cleanser! I feel my skin replenished, claned, and dewy after the first use. Others cleansers tend to leave my skin thirsty, irritated, and a bit dry. This cleanser added moisture to it. It's paraben free, 100% natural. It's definitely in my top list of cleansers.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It will hurt if you get it in your eyes, but overall this is a fantastic cleanser. It took off my waterproof mascara without me even trying! It is a little drying, but then again my skin is kinda dry, so that's really no problem. It has a nice scent.

This is my go-to when I don't want two separate steps for cleansing and makeup removal. It really does get everything, all the dirt and makeup.

I got this as a gift and it I love its invigorating scent! It's perfect for mornings but it can really sting your eyes if it gets too close. It's also easy to get it in your eyes because it has a slick, slime-like consistency when it's wet. Probably the citrus.