Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable Glycerin, Olive Oil, Orange Oil, Oat Flour, Lanolin, Oat Oil, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Oil, Beta-Carotene, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Quillaja Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil

on 1/23/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this stuff because it smells soooooo good. It smells so good that I'm ashamed to admit that I licked it, and it also tasted really good. Yes, I am a weirdo. Anyway, what makes me not wanna buy this stuff again is the fact that it feels so weird. It really feels like you're smearing vaseline all over your face, and that scares me since I have acne prone skin if I'm not really careful. I also think it doesn't cleanse so well. I gave this 3 lippies regardless because it's all natural and might be good for people who don't wear much foundation and have dry skin. This stuff just isn't for me. I ended up using it as a really expensive (and tasty) shaving cream.

on 12/31/2009 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favorite thing about this product is the scent. It smells AWESOME, like fresh-cut oranges. LOVE the scent. I also like that you get a lot in the tube for the price -- most cleansers are like 2oz at most, this one is 4oz. Other than that....meh. I use it in the shower, on a wet face, and it just doesn't do that great of a job, I don't think. For one thing, I feel like I can't get it all off, I feel filmy after use. For another, it doesn't do well on eye makeup at all. AND it hurts if you get it in your eyes. Finally, I hate the packaging, the screw-top is hard to use in the shower. Would like it a lot better if it was a squeeze-top. Won't buy again, sadly, because--did i mention I love the scent??

on 11/11/2009 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Why oh why did I not check the reviews before I bought this. I thought the thick consistentcy would be gentle and not strip my skin of too many oils since I'm using this Epiduo gel that has dried my skin out. Ugh, the smell is nice but that's it. My face doesn't feel clean after using it.

on 10/12/2009 10:13:00 PM

A cleanser like this is perfect for when my skin goes crazy during the in-between months. I use this throughout the fall and during the winter. Just wet your hands, apply to your face, then wipe off with a warm cloth. The orange scent is an extra treat for me.

on 10/10/2009 8:16:00 PM

It's a great cleanser! I feel my skin replenished, claned, and dewy after the first use. Others cleansers tend to leave my skin thirsty, irritated, and a bit dry. This cleanser added moisture to it. It's paraben free, 100% natural. It's definitely in my top list of cleansers.

on 9/13/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It will hurt if you get it in your eyes, but overall this is a fantastic cleanser. It took off my waterproof mascara without me even trying! It is a little drying, but then again my skin is kinda dry, so that's really no problem. It has a nice scent.

This is my go-to when I don't want two separate steps for cleansing and makeup removal. It really does get everything, all the dirt and makeup.

I got this as a gift and it I love its invigorating scent! It's perfect for mornings but it can really sting your eyes if it gets too close. It's also easy to get it in your eyes because it has a slick, slime-like consistency when it's wet. Probably the citrus.

on 9/12/2009 3:45:00 AM

The reason I bought this cleanser is because it's less harse than other regular cleanser becuase it have natural ingredients and oils. I didn't use this cleanser by itself because I don't like the waxy-filmy thing that it left behind on my face after continually rinsing my face with warm water. I didn't want to toss or throw this cleanser aside because I like the natural ingredients, so I thought of a way to use this. I squeeze a bit of this thick-like cleanser into my palm and I added a little bit of Dr. Bronner Castile liquid soap on top of the BB's cleanser and rub them together with my hands and applied all over my face and rinse. By mixing the two cleansers (Dr. Bronner Castile liquid soap is too liquidity for me and BB Orange cleanser is too thick), I'm able to rinse off the oil-waxy residue but my face doesn't feel dry.

on 7/24/2009 2:37:00 AM

This removes my makeup very well. I only use it at night because I think it would be too greasy for during the day. I apply to dry or wet skin and remove with a warm, wet face cloth. I then cleanse with a salicylic acid cleanser (acnederm) instead of toning. It is a much more effective makeup remover than other cleansers that I have been happy with in the past. I don't think you will ever be able to cleanse only once with any cleanser to remove all your makeup, unless you wear a very tiny amount or use something like isocol every night.
This cleanser does not irritate my skin and actually leaves it feeling & looking calm and comfortable. I think for the amount you get and amount that you use, it is over priced. I think I may go through this within 4 to 6 weeks and usually my cream cleansers last about 3 months at least. I'll see how I go.
Over all I am very happy with this cleanser, I had gone through A LOT of cleansers in the past month that just weren't suitable for my irritated skin (from mineral makeup ingredient Bismuth Oxychloride). It has helped return my skin to its usual state. Hurray!

on 7/23/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This cleanser didn't remove much of my makeup. I had to put it on my face twice to clean it. I didn't seem to irritate my skin, just didn't clean it very well.