July 30, 2014 | 2176 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by meheeeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It will hurt if you get it in your eyes, but overall this is a fantastic cleanser. It took off my waterproof mascara without me even trying! It is a little drying, but then again my skin is kinda dry, so that's really no problem. It has a nice scent.

This is my go-to when I don't want two separate steps for cleansing and makeup removal. It really does get everything, all the dirt and makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by parvastella22

I got this as a gift and it I love its invigorating scent! It's perfect for mornings but it can really sting your eyes if it gets too close. It's also easy to get it in your eyes because it has a slick, slime-like consistency when it's wet. Probably the citrus.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

The reason I bought this cleanser is because it's less harse than other regular cleanser becuase it have natural ingredients and oils. I didn't use this cleanser by itself because I don't like the waxy-filmy thing that it left behind on my face after continually rinsing my face with warm water. I didn't want to toss or throw this cleanser aside because I like the natural ingredients, so I thought of a way to use this. I squeeze a bit of this thick-like cleanser into my palm and I added a little bit of Dr. Bronner Castile liquid soap on top of the BB's cleanser and rub them together with my hands and applied all over my face and rinse. By mixing the two cleansers (Dr. Bronner Castile liquid soap is too liquidity for me and BB Orange cleanser is too thick), I'm able to rinse off the oil-waxy residue but my face doesn't feel dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This removes my makeup very well. I only use it at night because I think it would be too greasy for during the day. I apply to dry or wet skin and remove with a warm, wet face cloth. I then cleanse with a salicylic acid cleanser (acnederm) instead of toning. It is a much more effective makeup remover than other cleansers that I have been happy with in the past. I don't think you will ever be able to cleanse only once with any cleanser to remove all your makeup, unless you wear a very tiny amount or use something like isocol every night.
This cleanser does not irritate my skin and actually leaves it feeling & looking calm and comfortable. I think for the amount you get and amount that you use, it is over priced. I think I may go through this within 4 to 6 weeks and usually my cream cleansers last about 3 months at least. I'll see how I go.
Over all I am very happy with this cleanser, I had gone through A LOT of cleansers in the past month that just weren't suitable for my irritated skin (from mineral makeup ingredient Bismuth Oxychloride). It has helped return my skin to its usual state. Hurray!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser didn't remove much of my makeup. I had to put it on my face twice to clean it. I didn't seem to irritate my skin, just didn't clean it very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Rae492

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Burt's Bees. Truly I do, but this product was not for me. I loved that it was hundred percent organic because its hard to find things like that, but it was just too harsh I feel for my somewhat sensitive skin. But I LOVE the scent, it smells like fresh cut oranges. The only thing is that it was harsh and left my skin feeling kind of stripped and tight. It was also a mess to wash off since the consistency is kind of greasy. Nice smell but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by doedoechachacha

So I love organic or all natural products and what really attracted me to this product was that it's 100% organic! Truly, how cool is that?? Anyway, I gave it an overall 3 though because I guess, unfair to the product, it's just a tad too oily for me. It's not something I would use every night because it will probably congest my pores. On the bright side, I love the smell and that it's organic (the product tastes sweet on my lips).

Pros: Organic!! What more can I ask for?
-Nice smell
-Easy to apply to face, feels nice while washing the face

Cons: Too oily for me.
- The problem with it being so organic though, I noticed, is that the cap tends to grow a slight mold around the part where it touches the tube. I guess it is too organic.
- Like I said, It leaves my face slightly oilier so I don't like to use it everyday. But I do enjoy using it after exfoliating and doing a mini-facial on myself because by that time my pores are already cleared.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the other day because I ran out of cleanser. Walgreens was closing and I only had a few seconds, literally to pick out what I needed. I grabbed this product and went home. I was not expecting the vaseline consistency. My skin is normal but it gets kind of oily during the humid summers in Houston. I was really afraid it would be too greasy. After I washed my face and rinsed really well, I was impressed that my skin didn't have that tight dry feeling I get after using a foamy cleanser. When I woke up in the morning, my face was nice and supple without being oily or dry. I was impressed.
One recommendation: If you use lip plumping lip glosses, make sure you remove the gloss before using the cleanser. There was something about the orange oil and the stuff in the plumpers that mixed. The reaction made my lips feel like they were on fire.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by candyxmandie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Well having dry skin, I don't have a problem with the grease or the film that others have experienced. It really cleaned my face and left it soft and smooth. At first, you may get a few bumps but that is just because the cleanser is ACTUALLY cleaning your face, deep down. This went away after the first couple washes. It doesn't lather, but thats not a problem for me. I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gotten this facial orange cleanser twice. To me its a great cheap and natural product buy! You have to use it like how you would use a cold cream. It does not foam or lather at all. If you are someone who has to that foamy minty sensation when you cleanse then forget about this stuff.

It does clean off all your makeup (eye too) and leaves a slight film on your face. The film goes away but if you have dry skin then that might benefit you. You can always use a toner to get that film off if it bothers you but thats just the orange oil working in it and I never had a bad reaction to it.

I have oily/combo skin and I prefered to use this stuff in the winter months when I need that extra moisture barrier in cold months. Overall I would recommed this stuff to anyone with dry/sensitve skin because of the thick product consistency. Oily skin users can use but may have a hard time getting use to it. This stuff works great as a scrub too if you add a little pack of "sugar in the raw" to it.