Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 3/10/2011 8:26:00 PM

If this didn't make my lashes slightly crunchy, this would get a perfect rating. It really increases the length of my lashes, but not the thickness. It also makes my mascara last much longer. My lashes aren't as soft with it, but I'll survive.

on 3/4/2011 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is one of those white mascara bases you put on before you apply your mascara (like those by L'Oreal and Revlon) and frankly, IMO it's nothing but a gimmick to make you spend more money. Any mascara worth its salt will have this built into its formula. I got this in a free gift--thank God I didn't pay good money for it!--and I'm using it, but I would not re-purchase,since I'm sure it's pretty expensive. Don't waste your money, either.

on 2/26/2011 12:15:00 AM

Best mascara primer ive ever used hands down no offense to shiseido...da lancome one omg lengthens my short asian lashes like no other n makes all my mascaras looking flawless:) its quite pricey but if i splurge on this drugstore mascars(which r just as good as high end:)) look flawless so i xan save money by not buying high end ones...however i do wanna try some new ones...hopefully the majolica majorca one is good:)

on 2/11/2011 11:15:00 AM

I got this as a sample. I have long eye lashes anyway, so I wasnt expecting any real changes...but OMG, this stuff totally made my lashes look longer. I seriously didnt think anything of all the lash boosters that have hit the market recently and I cant compare this one to any other brand, but I will for sure buy this in full size when my sample is finished. LOVE IT.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

As a primer it did not do much for my lashes at all, it just made it that after I put on my mascara my lashes are so clumpy because of this primer. And it didn't even make it longer or fuller.

on 1/23/2011 3:46:00 PM

I really love this lash booster - the best compared to a couple of others that I have used. My favorite used to be Prescriptives. I think it is no longer available and that is why I am trying the Lancome brand. I am currently using a cils booster XL sample size. I've been using it under my Mary Kay mascara. I bet it works even better under a Lancome mascara. When I am finished with this sample size, I will most DEFINITELY purchase a full size cils boosterXL. You have to try this one for yourself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this stuff! I have whimpy short lashes & this really pumps up the volume on my lashes to help my mascara. I use with Black Carat mascara. LOVE!!!! I've tried Dior,Sephora,MAC,CG,Maybelline etc.... Always go back to this!

on 1/16/2011 11:57:00 PM

Pretty good product depending on technique. If I lightly brush my eyelashes once, then put mascara on immediately, it does not clump and adds length. I do each eye separately. If not, too much product can be distributed and clumps or it dries and mascara doesn't go as well on top. Despite the finicky details, I have noticed a difference in my eyelashes- they seem to have grown thicker and longer. I haven't seen it advertized as a treatment, but it seems to make a difference. When I finish this, I will likely try Dior's version and compare.UPDATE: I tried Dior's and appreciate this one more. It looks more natural, doesn't ball at the tips or flake and seems to make more of a difference improving the actual lash. I like the fibre brush vs. Dior's plastic nubs, which never work for me. Its hard to justify the price for any primer, but at least my eyelashes seem healthier. I'd repurchase if I had Shoppers points or gift certificates.UPDATE: upgrading to a 5. Now that I've used it for a while and its a bit dryer, its so easy to work with and adds a lot of volume and length without clumps. My lashes underneath look significantly better and healthier. Love this! UPDATE: I've been using this for more than a year now and have seen a noticeable difference in the thickness and length of lashes underneath mascara. I used to have sparse, short ones and now they're actually decent. I'm not sure what's in this product, but it works! It's an excellent primer that allows better wear but easier removal, better look with mascara and improves lash health and growth. Before, I had a hard time justifying, but will happily keep purchasing now that I've seen such results!

on 1/15/2011 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

While this product did add SLIGHT length to my lashes, it caused major clumping issues. It dries white, and it was hard to ensure that this was completely covered by my mascara. This product also seemed to "weigh down" my lashes, causing holding a curl to be nearly impossible. I could not get this product to work for me, and it eventually went into the garbage in a fit of frustration.

on 12/29/2010 8:34:00 PM

Meh - for me, this performs no better than the drug store primers I have tried over the years (L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc). There is NO way I"d pay the going price (approx $22) for this. Yes, it makes whatever mascara I happen to be using have even more oomph as far as length and volume, but so do the drug store ones I have tried. Also, too much product comes out of the tube each time which is annoying and makes it so that I have to be extra careful to avoid clumps (or wipe off brush w/ tissue = wasting product). All in all, not impressed. If I could, my rating would actually be 2.5.

Top Rated Lancome Products