MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 5/13/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could this brush be any better? Applies the perfect amount of product. It seems expensive (I believe I paid $24.50 for it?) but it seems as though it's going to last forever. It's easy to see why this is the HG eye brush for many people. I think that between this and a blending/crease brush like the 222 or 224, you don't really need much else.

on 5/2/2011 7:48:00 AM

This brush is my all time favorite brush! No, it is not overrated and yes you can find similar brushes like this. But every brush like this that I've tried have been worn out within a couple of months. I've had my 239 for two years and it's still in superb condition. Needless to say, I'm thinking of buying one more. This is a musthave!

on 4/25/2011 8:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Great for all over lid, or accent in corner and under brow bone. Applies color flawlessly, and rarely have fallout if i am using pigments. Love this brush!

on 4/20/2011 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Its a must have to apply eyeshadow.One of the best in the market.

on 4/15/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

love love love this brush! i use it EVERY day.. it applies shadows nicely, has great control, and has packed bristles so color goes on bold (or light depending on how much shadow you use).. this is by far my favorite eyeshadow brush from mac.

on 4/14/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

OMG where has this brush been all my life?! I recently got back into using eyeshadows and started with the E.L.F brushes...baby steps here...that was a mistake. Decided to take the plunge on the 239 due to the reviews. Best decision ever. I'm so excited to apply eyeshadow as before it was so cumbersome and way to much work. The 239 puts the eyeshadow exactly where I want it and how I want it. Packs color on my lids like a champ. I need to invest in another one asap because I'm always cleaning it! Ladies get this brush.

on 4/12/2011 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is my EVERYTHING brush!!! lmb0;)) i use it to pack 0n the eyeshad0w 0n my lid, in my crease&als0 my l0wer lashline... i actually 0wn 3 0f these brushes&d0n`t kn0e where i`d be w/0ut it:))

on 4/3/2011 11:32:00 PM

I use this brush every single day. It is perfect for applying color onto the eyelid. I use it for pigments or pressed shadows. I keep telling myself to buy an extra since I feel like i'm constantly cleaning this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

For such a long time, I debated about purchasing this brush. I've heard such great things about it but never bought it because I have so many similar brushes that work great but I have to admit it, the 239 Brush is great! I don't know what it is but it makes applying a shade so simple and easy to pack on.

on 2/22/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely worth the money. If you are trying to build up your M.A.C. brush collection, then this is one of their must-have brushes. I am unable to compare this brush to any other in its category. I had the Sigma version of this brush & it doesn't compare @ all. This brush will give the smoothest application on the lid. It won't ever "trip-up" over the lid, just an effortless glide. I am also able to obtain much more control of my shadow application, & I have also noticed a significant decrease in shadow "fall-out" whenever I use this brush. Of course I do have other "back-up" brushes for this one, but this is definitely my favorite brush for applying/packing shadow onto my lid. It's expensive but I'm glad that I invested in it.

Popular Makeup Brushes