October 25, 2014 | 1699 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

NARS dolce vita is a lipstick that has reached cult status, and i can see why: it is a lovely, sheer rose that is neutral enough to be paired with any eyeshadow look. the reason why i can't give it any higher than a two, however, is because dolce vita is EXACTLY the color of my lips; i apply it and it looks like i've slapped on some non-shiny gloss. it makes no sense to pay $24 USD for something that doesn't really do anything for me. for those with relatively pigmented lips, i highly recommend you give it a try before you purchase. dolce vita warrants two lippies because the staying power is solid, and the formula is nice. i so so so want to love this, but my money is better spent on lipsticks and glosses that will actually show up on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to Dolce Vita in a NARS pallette I purchased on a whim. I immediately purchased Dolce Vita when I ran out and it's my go to shade when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup or when I don't want to play up my lips. This neutral pink is just a shade darker than the color of my liips and it adds a little more oomph. It is on the sheer side so I don't expect it to last as long as a matte lipstick. I still love it though. I suppose if you want it to last longer, purchasing the lipstick pencil version would be an option. As much as I love this color, I'm not a big fan of the scent. Fortunately I don't smell it after application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Achlys

This is the prefect everyday lipstick. I have a fairly light skin tone and most lipstick looks too stark on me for everyday use, but this is my go-to if I want a splash of color but still want to look natural. It's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

I had tried NARS lipstick before in another color, and hated the smell and texture. Decided to give it another try with Dolce Vita. LOVE the color - it's a very soft, natural pink that nearly matches my natural lipcolor. The texture is smooth and it has a natural glossy finish. The color doesn't seem particularly long lasting, but there is no weird lipstick smell, yay! I don't particularly care for the packaging; I like the small, square shape, but don't like that textured black package. Otherwise, a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by cnicolas

I love this lipstick! My skin tone is a medium olive and my lips are rosy pink. This was perfect because it was not too dramatic and it lightened up my face! I would recommend this for people who want to lightly change the natural color of your lips and brighten up the face. If you are not fully satisfied with the outcome I would add their lipgloss in turkish delight. It transformed it into a total different color. Overall great color!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick because of the hype, but unfortunately it's a fail for me. It's extremely sheer, in 30mins-1 hr, it'll fade and look like you didn't put lipstick on. You'll look washed out. It's probably "universal" because it's 1-2 shades darker than the average natural lip color so by using Dolce Vita, you're basically adding a hint of color to your lips. Go get a lip tint lipgloss, this lipstick is so not worth! It's more of a wedding type of color, because you don't want to look overdone on your wedding.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many years ago, a makeup artist in Hawaii did a look on me that included this beautiful, totally natural neutral pink lip. I have spent years trying to replicate this gorgeous color and never came close. For months I have been waffling back and forth on trying this color, and decided to bite the bullet today. This is it! Gorgeous, perfect YLBB neutral pink with no glitter or sparkle or frost. I love the sheer lipstick formula for Nars, and can see that I will need more colors of these! I will need multiple sticks of this - seriously, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

This is my favorite pink lipstick. I've never really been a pink lipstick fan, usually they don't look good on me, but this one is great. It's sheer and slightly glossy, so it's really great for daytime. If I didn't have time to do my make up in the morning, I throw on some eyeliner, mascara and this lipstick and I'm good to go. I've bought several NARS products prior to this, but I've only really fallen in the love with the lipsticks ang glosses. I definitely would buy again inspite of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a great medium pink on my lips. It is a sheer moisturizing formula with a dash of warm medium pink . I like it and it seems great for daytime look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

A little expensive yet I love the formula. It makes your lips feel really soft and supple, the texture is great, it feels like it has shea butter on it. I love the color, not too intense of a pinkish mauve. Overall, I would definitely purchase again.