NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 9/14/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I went searching at MAC for a MLBB rosy lipstick and after buying a couple that were close but not exactly it, I rediscovered this Nars Dolce Vita lippie in my stash at home and went "This is what I wanted--duh" lmao...Great every day lipstick. Sheer coverage, but just enough for my naturally pale lips and brown lip line. I have a med-dark skin tone (C7 in MAC), so having basically no natural lip color makes me look dead. This lipstick makes me look human, lol. Neutral rose color. I think it would be a good shade for most skin tones, and probably better for those who don't have a lot of pigmentation in their lips. I am also a huge fan of Nars in general because the quality is always great. This lipstick is no exception, and considering the $25 price tag, it better be lol. Will repurchase this product whenever I run out.

on 9/5/2010 9:19:00 AM

This lipstick doesn't show all that much on me but on an everyday basis, that's what I want - a colour that is very close to my lips with a little bit of shine but not like the gloss type of shine. That being said, if you have medium-dark skin like me (NC40) and you are looking for colour payoff, then this lipstick is not for you. A similar shade with much more colour payoff for us would be MAC Creme in Your Coffee, which I also love. Dolce Vita is supermoisturizing and feels great on my lips. Although it is expensive at 30 CDN dollars, I will definitely buy again when I run out.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this lipstick. Makes my lips look blushed and healthy. Staying power is alright. The formula doesn't dry out my lips.

on 9/1/2010 9:53:00 AM

I've heard so many beauty gurus rave about this lipstick... and now I know why. As it's been said so many times, Dolce Vita is such an universal lipstick. I really couldn't imagine anyone being disappointed with this product. I just love love love love this MLBB lippy.

Color: Reddish coral but very sheer as it is a sheer lipstick. I think the color really depends on a person's natural lip color. Mine's naturally reddish coral, so it really enhances my natural lip color. It could be worn casually when applied once, but would totally work as a night-out/workplace lipstick when applied several times.

Formula: Super, and I mean SUPER, moisturizing. It glides on my lips so smoothly without creasing in my lips. However, the staying power isn't too great. But it won't leave your skin chapped or dirty even when it fades.

Packagings: The usual rubber case. I personally don't like how it gets super dirty after a while... but it really doesn't bother me since the product's so great.

Price: It's okay-ish. Not too expensive for a high-end lipstick I think.

Anyone who's looking for a casual red/coral lipstick should deffs try this beautiful Dolce Vita lipstick. You won't regret it:D

on 8/28/2010 2:14:00 AM

NARS dolce vita is a lipstick that has reached cult status, and i can see why: it is a lovely, sheer rose that is neutral enough to be paired with any eyeshadow look. the reason why i can't give it any higher than a two, however, is because dolce vita is EXACTLY the color of my lips; i apply it and it looks like i've slapped on some non-shiny gloss. it makes no sense to pay $24 USD for something that doesn't really do anything for me. for those with relatively pigmented lips, i highly recommend you give it a try before you purchase. dolce vita warrants two lippies because the staying power is solid, and the formula is nice. i so so so want to love this, but my money is better spent on lipsticks and glosses that will actually show up on my lips.

on 8/24/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was introduced to Dolce Vita in a NARS pallette I purchased on a whim. I immediately purchased Dolce Vita when I ran out and it's my go to shade when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup or when I don't want to play up my lips. This neutral pink is just a shade darker than the color of my liips and it adds a little more oomph. It is on the sheer side so I don't expect it to last as long as a matte lipstick. I still love it though. I suppose if you want it to last longer, purchasing the lipstick pencil version would be an option. As much as I love this color, I'm not a big fan of the scent. Fortunately I don't smell it after application.

on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 PM

This is the prefect everyday lipstick. I have a fairly light skin tone and most lipstick looks too stark on me for everyday use, but this is my go-to if I want a splash of color but still want to look natural. It's great!

on 7/12/2010 6:53:00 PM

I had tried NARS lipstick before in another color, and hated the smell and texture. Decided to give it another try with Dolce Vita. LOVE the color - it's a very soft, natural pink that nearly matches my natural lipcolor. The texture is smooth and it has a natural glossy finish. The color doesn't seem particularly long lasting, but there is no weird lipstick smell, yay! I don't particularly care for the packaging; I like the small, square shape, but don't like that textured black package. Otherwise, a winner!

on 5/31/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! My skin tone is a medium olive and my lips are rosy pink. This was perfect because it was not too dramatic and it lightened up my face! I would recommend this for people who want to lightly change the natural color of your lips and brighten up the face. If you are not fully satisfied with the outcome I would add their lipgloss in turkish delight. It transformed it into a total different color. Overall great color!

on 5/13/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick because of the hype, but unfortunately it's a fail for me. It's extremely sheer, in 30mins-1 hr, it'll fade and look like you didn't put lipstick on. You'll look washed out. It's probably "universal" because it's 1-2 shades darker than the average natural lip color so by using Dolce Vita, you're basically adding a hint of color to your lips. Go get a lip tint lipgloss, this lipstick is so not worth! It's more of a wedding type of color, because you don't want to look overdone on your wedding.

Recommended for Medium Skin