April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick because of the hype, but unfortunately it's a fail for me. It's extremely sheer, in 30mins-1 hr, it'll fade and look like you didn't put lipstick on. You'll look washed out. It's probably "universal" because it's 1-2 shades darker than the average natural lip color so by using Dolce Vita, you're basically adding a hint of color to your lips. Go get a lip tint lipgloss, this lipstick is so not worth! It's more of a wedding type of color, because you don't want to look overdone on your wedding.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many years ago, a makeup artist in Hawaii did a look on me that included this beautiful, totally natural neutral pink lip. I have spent years trying to replicate this gorgeous color and never came close. For months I have been waffling back and forth on trying this color, and decided to bite the bullet today. This is it! Gorgeous, perfect YLBB neutral pink with no glitter or sparkle or frost. I love the sheer lipstick formula for Nars, and can see that I will need more colors of these! I will need multiple sticks of this - seriously, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

This is my favorite pink lipstick. I've never really been a pink lipstick fan, usually they don't look good on me, but this one is great. It's sheer and slightly glossy, so it's really great for daytime. If I didn't have time to do my make up in the morning, I throw on some eyeliner, mascara and this lipstick and I'm good to go. I've bought several NARS products prior to this, but I've only really fallen in the love with the lipsticks ang glosses. I definitely would buy again inspite of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a great medium pink on my lips. It is a sheer moisturizing formula with a dash of warm medium pink . I like it and it seems great for daytime look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

A little expensive yet I love the formula. It makes your lips feel really soft and supple, the texture is great, it feels like it has shea butter on it. I love the color, not too intense of a pinkish mauve. Overall, I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Stunning rich color, turns a little fuschia on me after a while and has a habit of smelling off. But this color is wonderful on everyone I've met. Definitely worth a full tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks great with the matching blush on rushed mornings. My second NARS L/S... I'm officially a fan. Nice smooth texture, but be sure to add a touch of lip moisturizer first as the formula is not very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bootsonbarelegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After the recent addition of this lipstick to my collection, it has become my favourite lipstick. My lips are pink naturally, so this just deepens the color, making it an almost red, but a subtle, wearable everyday red. I use this with minimal eye makeup and my Nars Cactus Flower Creme Blush, and it looks super pretty. The quality of this lipstick, like all Nars products, is simply amazing. Although I don't mind paying the money for a product that's worth it, I'd rather buy MAC lipsticks which are better priced, without a compromise in quality and a wider color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice all-purpose shade. I imagine that the color looks different on everyone, and would also change with the color of your lip liner/gloss (which I think is a great thing). On me, it is a soft mauve in some lights, and looks 'peachy' in other lighting. The consistency is great... this product provides great moisture and a slight sheen, making your lips look incredibly kissable! It's wearable anytime - day or night. May as well add it to your collection, as it is versatile enough for you to get a good amount of usage out of it, one way or another.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dolce Vita is a glossy and moisturizing rosy mauve and can be worn sheer or layered for a deeper color. The lipstick is not nearly as dark or pigmented as the lipgloss but I only need a thin layer over lip balm, otherwise I risk having overly mauvey liver-colored lips. This isn't really a MLBB shade for me, even though I have pretty pigmented lips. It's a touch too dark for my liking and thus not a go-to, fuss proof office lipcolor, so I wouldn't repurchase.

For reference, I consider MAC Hug Me lipstick to be my MLBB lipstick.