NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 9/1/2010 9:53:00 AM

I've heard so many beauty gurus rave about this lipstick... and now I know why. As it's been said so many times, Dolce Vita is such an universal lipstick. I really couldn't imagine anyone being disappointed with this product. I just love love love love this MLBB lippy.

Color: Reddish coral but very sheer as it is a sheer lipstick. I think the color really depends on a person's natural lip color. Mine's naturally reddish coral, so it really enhances my natural lip color. It could be worn casually when applied once, but would totally work as a night-out/workplace lipstick when applied several times.

Formula: Super, and I mean SUPER, moisturizing. It glides on my lips so smoothly without creasing in my lips. However, the staying power isn't too great. But it won't leave your skin chapped or dirty even when it fades.

Packagings: The usual rubber case. I personally don't like how it gets super dirty after a while... but it really doesn't bother me since the product's so great.

Price: It's okay-ish. Not too expensive for a high-end lipstick I think.

Anyone who's looking for a casual red/coral lipstick should deffs try this beautiful Dolce Vita lipstick. You won't regret it:D

on 8/28/2010 2:14:00 AM

NARS dolce vita is a lipstick that has reached cult status, and i can see why: it is a lovely, sheer rose that is neutral enough to be paired with any eyeshadow look. the reason why i can't give it any higher than a two, however, is because dolce vita is EXACTLY the color of my lips; i apply it and it looks like i've slapped on some non-shiny gloss. it makes no sense to pay $24 USD for something that doesn't really do anything for me. for those with relatively pigmented lips, i highly recommend you give it a try before you purchase. dolce vita warrants two lippies because the staying power is solid, and the formula is nice. i so so so want to love this, but my money is better spent on lipsticks and glosses that will actually show up on my lips.

on 8/24/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was introduced to Dolce Vita in a NARS pallette I purchased on a whim. I immediately purchased Dolce Vita when I ran out and it's my go to shade when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup or when I don't want to play up my lips. This neutral pink is just a shade darker than the color of my liips and it adds a little more oomph. It is on the sheer side so I don't expect it to last as long as a matte lipstick. I still love it though. I suppose if you want it to last longer, purchasing the lipstick pencil version would be an option. As much as I love this color, I'm not a big fan of the scent. Fortunately I don't smell it after application.

on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 PM

This is the prefect everyday lipstick. I have a fairly light skin tone and most lipstick looks too stark on me for everyday use, but this is my go-to if I want a splash of color but still want to look natural. It's great!

on 7/12/2010 6:53:00 PM

I had tried NARS lipstick before in another color, and hated the smell and texture. Decided to give it another try with Dolce Vita. LOVE the color - it's a very soft, natural pink that nearly matches my natural lipcolor. The texture is smooth and it has a natural glossy finish. The color doesn't seem particularly long lasting, but there is no weird lipstick smell, yay! I don't particularly care for the packaging; I like the small, square shape, but don't like that textured black package. Otherwise, a winner!

on 5/31/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! My skin tone is a medium olive and my lips are rosy pink. This was perfect because it was not too dramatic and it lightened up my face! I would recommend this for people who want to lightly change the natural color of your lips and brighten up the face. If you are not fully satisfied with the outcome I would add their lipgloss in turkish delight. It transformed it into a total different color. Overall great color!

on 5/13/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick because of the hype, but unfortunately it's a fail for me. It's extremely sheer, in 30mins-1 hr, it'll fade and look like you didn't put lipstick on. You'll look washed out. It's probably "universal" because it's 1-2 shades darker than the average natural lip color so by using Dolce Vita, you're basically adding a hint of color to your lips. Go get a lip tint lipgloss, this lipstick is so not worth! It's more of a wedding type of color, because you don't want to look overdone on your wedding.

on 4/30/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Many years ago, a makeup artist in Hawaii did a look on me that included this beautiful, totally natural neutral pink lip. I have spent years trying to replicate this gorgeous color and never came close. For months I have been waffling back and forth on trying this color, and decided to bite the bullet today. This is it! Gorgeous, perfect YLBB neutral pink with no glitter or sparkle or frost. I love the sheer lipstick formula for Nars, and can see that I will need more colors of these! I will need multiple sticks of this - seriously, it's perfect.

on 4/25/2010 11:56:00 PM

This is my favorite pink lipstick. I've never really been a pink lipstick fan, usually they don't look good on me, but this one is great. It's sheer and slightly glossy, so it's really great for daytime. If I didn't have time to do my make up in the morning, I throw on some eyeliner, mascara and this lipstick and I'm good to go. I've bought several NARS products prior to this, but I've only really fallen in the love with the lipsticks ang glosses. I definitely would buy again inspite of the price.

It is a great medium pink on my lips. It is a sheer moisturizing formula with a dash of warm medium pink . I like it and it seems great for daytime look.

Popular Lipsticks