Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I always went to a department store and sprayed this on me every few days since I love it so much. I finally bought the smallest bottle at Macy's (1.7 oz-85$) to use on the go in my purse and I find it so feminine and elegant just like Coco Chanel was in her glory days. It is a beautiful spring fragrance that I adore and I love how long lasting and powerful it is. I use 2 sprays for the day and one in the evening as it lasts almost all day. I even received a compliment about how yummy it smells. The only gripe I have about it is how expensive it is, but since the scent lasts all day and how I dont need much to make myself smell fantastic, I find it a bargain. The bottle is pretty too.

on 6/5/2013 3:18:00 PM

I was recommended to try this out and since I love experimenting with different fragrances, I went and bought a small bottle of it. It's not the usual scent that I go for so at first I was very iffy about it lol But after couple months of using it, I'm in love! It is definitely one of my favs along with the Gucci Guilty of course ;)

on 5/27/2013 7:48:00 AM

As a guy, I never wear women's fragrances - mainly for the fact that they don't suit me or my skin. They're either way too sweet, or too florally, or just don't smell nice on me. One day while I was working I accidentally sprayed this on me instead of onto a fragrance card, and thought nothing of it until later that day when I smelled my wrist and wow! It smelled amazing. On a card it smells like a deep floral, but as it wears, it gets much deeper and muskier, but still keeps that distinctive floral sweetness. I didn't mind it because it suited me well. I had several compliments when I first wore it, and many didn't know it was Coco Mademoiselle. It also smelled quite citrusy with orange blossom and mandarin in the top notes complimenting each other perfectly. The floral mid notes dispersed well but were still lingering there, and the base of vanilla and patchouli makes it to die for. I don't even care that its a women's fragrance because it smells amazing, and I couldn't care less that its not a typical "male" noted fragrance. Bottom line is it smells great

on 5/23/2013 9:13:00 AM

This scent is classic, romantic, glamorous and just perfect in a few words. When I was getting married, I was searching for the perfect scent for the day, naturally I turned to Chanel and without a moments hesitation I choose Mademoiselle. It is my special signature scent, I love the way it makes me feel, the smell is so unique that when you have it on your skin, it is unlike any other feeling. I wear Mademoiselle when I want to feel beautiful, all you need is a few sprays and you are set for the day. Pair it up with the matching cream and the scent will last even longer on your skin. For more beauty and fashion tips go to dulcelissa.com

on 5/16/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this scent. It's warm and womanly and grown-up without being antiquated. And you don't have to spray on too much to make it last.

Smells great. In my opinion this is a more grown up version of Channel Chance, its womanly-not old lady- but safistacatly sexy.

on 5/9/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When Coco Mlle EDP was first launched, I remember the exact spot and moment at Belk where the sales associate sprayed it on me. I went crazy for it! -- I thought it was so incredible. After it dried down, I circled back to Belk and bought the 3.4oz EDP. I *had* to have this awesome perfume.

Coco Mlle immediately shot to the #1 place in my collection. I wore my new Coco Mlle EDP nonstop for 3 weeks (unheard of for me). It was the *drydown* -- that fabulous skin-musky *drydown* -- that had me so infatuated. It dried down soooo sensuously!

Now I can't stand it LOL. I don't know what happened (wahhh!), but now it smells as harsh as cayenne pepper to me -- or paprika -- or like pepper spray -- it practically burns my nose or makes me dizzy, it's so harsh and pungent. I've sprayed it before bed, and it's kept me awake. Too harsh, biting, and pungent.

It's that strong Mandarin Orange topnote! It's the Orange + Mandarin Orange topnotes together = too much! It smells like they used the bitter rind as well as the fruit -- bitter, concentrated, and as strong & aromatic as orange-scented cleaning solutions.

I wish I could be in love with it again like I was before, I really do. I've bought the EDT, thinking it would be milder -- nope, still too pungent for me. I've bought Chance, which is "CM Lite", sort of -- nope, still too pungent for me. Still has that strong biting orange.

I'm associating Mlle's orange topnotes with that horrid Satsuma from The Body Shop that you could smell 6 stores away at the mall -- whew! That's the kind of Orange Glo blast I also get from Coco Mlle, and I think it's that screechy mandarin that's the problem for me in Mlle -- not any patchouli. I've always liked patchouli, even straight-up patchouli oil -- and I like vetiver also.

So in my closet now sit Coco Mlle EDP, EDT, and Chance EDT -- forlorn and rejected. I'll never give them away though -- I keep re-trying periodically. Maybe some day.

on 5/9/2013 2:26:00 PM

I stopped by the fragrance counter and sprayed this perfume once on each wrist. Lovely scent but right away I had the impression (from my shopping companions) that I had w-a-y over sprayed. We continued on to lunch where I popped into the bathroom and washed my wrists with soap & water. We could all still smell the perfume but it was way less intense and quite pretty, feminine, classy. Nice.

A couple of hours later, I returned home, walked in the door and my husband who was standing about 5 feet away said, "Well, somebody is wearing perfume!"

For whatever reason this perfume really projects on me. I like it but I think it may be a bit too strong for my skin?

This is probably my favourite perfume of all time...yet! My mam bought this first when i was young and i couldnt get enough of the scent! Ive had two bottles of this and its beautiful, very summery and classic. It stays on your skin and clothes perfectly and you can even smell it on your clothes after theyve been washed! This would usually be my 'lucky guess' perfume for a gift for others but judging by the comments ive seen i guess not! I love this fragrance and would happily buy it again!

on 5/7/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a gift and felt very bad that I had to return it.
I couldn't stand the scent. To me it smelled all musty and old...just awful.

The bottle is beautiful, but that's the only good thing about it in my opinion.

Popular Fragrances