April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Erica2244

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved the coverage this foundation provided. AND, it stayed on all day with no retouching required. However, I am fair skinned (blue eyes, freckles) and I couldn't get a light enough color that would blend with my skin-tone. I did break out a little when using it (small bumps on forehead), which stopped when I stopped using it. Too bad, because this really did create a nice, clean canvas with great coverage and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lindsey251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. It can give you sheer to full coverage, depending on how you apply it. It is is a little thick, but it glides on so smoothly, and feels pretty lightweight on. It gives you a satin matte finish, not extremely matte, but a natural looking matte. It doesn't leave a white cast when taking pictures, like some foundations do. It looks extremely natural, like your not even wearing foundation at all. It smooths out all of your pores. I'm not sure how well it controls oil, I'll update on that later. Not exactly sure on the staying power, I haven't noticed, but I'll update later. I wear a few different shades with this. In the summer: Beige 304. Fall/Spring: Beige 302. Winter: Ivory 200.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Pirategal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation over Olay microsculpting cream and it stays on for hours. I apply it with my fingers, blot it with a sponge, and sometimes use a touch of pressed powder over it. I've had no trouble with it sliding or wiping off my face. This product provides me with long lasting excellent coverage as it matches my face perfectly. For another long lasting makeup with a little less coverage, I go to Cover Girl Radiance. I wear Lt.Med. in Cover Girl and 204 or 300 in Mary Kay. Getting the correct shade makes a world of difference in makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by diarrheaslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

take it from me, people.
i am not a liquid foundation person. i hate the goopiness, i hate the cakey feel on my face, i hate the overdone look they give, i hate it.

this, however, is a whole new world to liquid foundation.... it doesn't go on thick, it blends evenly & looks so natural and flawless by the time i'm done. it takes me, four seconds TOPS to blend it all in. throw on some concealer & mascara and i'm out the door.

i bought mine from an ex-consultant off of ebay (for something like 3, 4 dollars-- check ebay first, don't go through the company if you really wanna deal)
after all the shit i've heard about mary kay, i could not have been more pleasantly surprised [:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Horrid. Just horrid. Every single thing that had "Mary Kay" stamped on it made my skin break out in a horrible, fine bumpy rash. Especially this awful foundation. I will never buy another MK product. EVER.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This felt so cakey on my face! It felt as if I was wearing a thick mask that didn't let my skin breath at all. It made me break out in no time. I tried to give it a chance for at whole month but finally I just threw it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I was not impressed with this foundation. It didn't go on evenly, didn't seem to last, and in an hour my face was shiny. No, I will not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by hiphopdance5

Most people seem to like this stuff...I stand on the other side. I tried this foundation once or twice b/c a neighbor had it and i needed a small touch up on my foundation after a long day. It worked great and i loved the coverage. So, i made a point to find a mary kay lady as fast as i could and buy the stuff myself. $50 later i had two bottles of foundaion and some mineral powder. all 3 products ended up being too dark but the worst part of all was how horribly the foundation broke me out. it was unbelieveable. so i kept piling the stuff on thinking it was hormonal acne and i just created a vicious cycle. the one thing im trying to do for myself is get my skin cleared up and healthy as use of several different products has left its mark and some struggling years of acne. i had never had problems with makeup breaking me out before and i didnt pay much attention. one evening i had removed my foundation but a friend decided to go out last min. so i borrowed some of her mary kay foundation as i had nothing else. i even TOLD her it would prolly break me out but i put it on anyway. sure enuff...the next day im on the phone with her telling her how bad im getting acne again and she reminds me tht i used this stuff. i dont like it. thts just my opinion...seems many women are quite satisfied with it however. guess u'll never kno until you just try it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by BSchrews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Made me appear way too chalky and fake. It shows every pore on my face. Will not repurchase. Straight to the trashcan!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mjoy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this stuff at first (color choice wise), but after using Stila's mediocre product for awhile, I thought I should revisit MK since a friend is selling it. This was $14 compared to Stila's $36. It took me awhile to get matched and learn out to best apply it, but I think I have the hang of it now. I put some on my disposable wedge sponges and then apply it to my face in dots, then rub it all in. I do have to use concealer, but not too much. My face simply glows! Also, I like this pink and white container MUCH better than Stila's glass one... too risky IMO. I haven't broken out from this stuff...
Update: They need more shades... the one I'm using is a bit too dark for me... but I'll finish the tube before I'll look for something else. A shame considering how cheap this is!!!