April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mary2012

i recently bought this product and it seems to suit my skin type.
I bought a lot of skin care product that would lessen my acne break out and it cost me dearly and some of them are well known product. i had to buy like different product just for the scarring, acne and white/blackheads, for oily skin and many more. my face looks like a freaking scar land and it really made me more insecure when I go out especially during day time. I wear make up to patch up those obvious scars and bumps and i refuse to go out with no make up~
I spotted Witch Hazel on the supermarket while i was looking for another toner to buy~ it catches my eye because of its label~ the label wasn't fancy and colourful but it did well with the huge words. I looked at the price and what a surprise~!~ its cheap ~definitely saves a lot of money ey~? it was only $6! some product cost me $10 or more~!
I tried it for only a day~ but the effect was quite fast~ the 14% alcohol help dried the oily part and the acne. and its been 1 week that i notice some of the acne prone area of my skin begun to lessen the acne production. The scarring begun to lessen its dark pigmentation. The pores weren't as big as before~ it tighten some of the pores that i usually can spot on my naked eye while looking at the mirror.
Im still of the process of using Witch Hazel~ and will use it even more in the future as one of my best product I've used. Witch Hazel got it all~ the result and the price. So why not try it~ if it suits u~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Dickinson's Witch Hazel. Actually, once I bought some plain store-brand witch hazel from Rite Aid in the USA -- this was 10...12 years ago -- and that worked better, but we don't have that in Australia. Anyway, back to my review. This is a great no-fuss toner. It helps keep my skin clear in the summer and I use it with Mario Badescu silver powder to make a mask for my t-zone. I've been using this brand of Witch Hazel for the past 5 years.

I must add more thing: this product works best for me when I'm living in an area with hard water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Witch Hazel is a great toner for my face. I only use it on my oily T-Zone and it helps tremendoulsy to control the shine in that area.

There is nothing fancy about Witch Hazel, it is an astringent that can be used for several other applications. I've been using this on and off as a toner since I was a teenager. I've tried other brands but nothing has worked as effectively. You also can't beat the price (approx. $4-$5).

I do not like the smell however, it's not pleasant at all. Thankfully, it quickly dissipates and dries with no lasting odor.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by shiherostar

It saved my skin. I have been breaking out horribly for a while now and I never used to break out. I have tried different cleansers and moisturizers, but my skin just kept getting worse. I read some reviews on this and decided to try it out again. (I had used Witch Hazel before a long time ago)
So within two days of using this (day and night) my skin cleared up about 90% and it seems to be keeping pimples away.
I literally have tried so many things are was honestly depressed about the condition of my skin because I have never really had skin issues before. This doesn't seem to irritate my skin at all. So, I have only been using it about 3 weeks and I will update, if there are any changes, but so far so good. It may not work for everyone because everyone has different skin, but it works for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by alisha546

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this before I knew it was bad for my skin. Witch hazel is an irritant! It does contain antioxidants and anti-irritants but the negatives still outweigh the positives. You never want to put (regular) alcohol on your face. Check out this link for more info:

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

hated this so much.I thought that this was going to be a godsend but NO.Broke me out twice.I thought that maybe my body wasnt reacting with it right.I first used this when i was 17 jumped to me being 19 and it still breaks me out like crazy.I get cystic type pimples whenever i use this.I threw it straight in the garbage where it belongs

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm just not sold on this. I've used it morning and night as indicated for about 2 months and there really isn't any change in my skin. I still have just as many blackheads.. I still have large pores. This did control oil somewhat but the high level of alcohol seems to be damaging my skin. My face is still oily but now with flaky, dry patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by viviansweethart

This stuff works wonders! I really feel that my skin is softer, cleaner, and blemish free. It's really affordable at $4 for a 16oz bottle. I apply it with a cotton round after I take my shower and let it dry then moisturize. The only reason this wonderful product didn't get 5 stars is because it smells horrendous. I really was going to barf when I first smelled it. I had tears in my eyes. It smells like grease that's been kept in a container for weeks. It's similar to bacon. I really couldn't take the smell at first but I got used to it. Otherwise, this product rocks and I recommend people to try this but beware of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by SymmieC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I had my daughter I started having acne problems on my chin. Breakouts that just would not quit. I tried everything I could think of or had heard of. It was all new to me because I had never had skin problems in my life. Maybe it was fate's way of saying HAHA take that awesome complextion! Anyway a couple of weeks ago this conversation took place.

Friend: "You should try Witch Hazel, it worked for me."
Me: :/
Friend: "No seriously, its awesome"
Me: :/
Friend: "Well it can't hurt to try.."
Me: "That's true..maybe I will"

So while at the store I found myself having this conversation..

Me: "Where's the Witch Hazel"
Cashier: "Over there"
Me: "Thanks"
Me: "Wow its only 3,49?!"
Cashier: -Nervous laugh-
Me: "I'm so excited!!"
Cashier: :/
Me: :/

Fast forward a ways. My chin is completely clear, my whole face feels healthier. This is a new must have in my life. I am forever grateful to Witch Hazel. I will say this though, the smell is absolutely aweful. Just, AWEFUL. However it fades quickly and is totally worth the benefits.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by rsquaredh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! Been using this over a year, Having beautiful clear skin for a year too. Just apply with a cotton square 15 to 30 minutes morning and night.