September 2, 2014 | 2217 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The 14% alcohol that this product contains was WAY TOO HARSH for my face as a toner & I don't really have sensitive skin. I can use products with witch hazel in the ingredients but not witch hazel straight up by itself.

I don't really get hurt except for minor scratches or paper cuts and whatnot so I have no use for this product as a cleaning agent. It is useless for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing and simple!! I have only been using this witch hazel for 3 months and just from using this every night after exfoliating, I am not wearing as much make up as I used to my skin just feels good and looks clear!! The smell can get you for the first few times of use but i am completely immune to it now! I would recommend to anyone!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a ok toner. I don't fell like it does anything to my skin. I also hate the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this on my skin since I was a teenager.
As a teenager, I used this on my oily skin as a gentle but effective astringent (Sea Breeze was often too harsh to use all over my face and I hated the sticky residue Sea Breeze left behind).
Now that I am in my 30s, my skin (on my face at least) is normal (no excessive oil and no excessive dryness). I use this now as a toning cleanser.
STEP 1: I use a baby wipe to remove most of my makeup.
STEP 2: I follow up with coconut oil to remove any residual eye makeup.
STEP 3: I use witch hazel (sometimes mixed with equal parts of more expensive toners, like Organix's Teatree Willow Bark Oil Control Toner).
STEP 4: I sometimes use a mix of grapeseed oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil first and then follow up with witch hazel as a toner. Other times, I use the witch hazel first and then use the oil mixture second to allow for the oils to really sink into the skin. Sometimes I use witch hazel only! It all depends on my mood, how my skin feels, and if I am leaving the house (and putting on makeup) or staying home.
I used to be embarrassed to admit that I sometimes just used a baby wipe and witch hazel to clean my face. But I have just come to realize that witch hazel not only tightens pores, but it cleans, too! It has worked for me for many years and I get many compliments on my skin. It has never, ever dried my skin (unlike other cleansers and toners). This is a staple. It stinks (it has a woody-herbal scent that does not linger), but it's a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I don't use it every day, but I do use it to degrease occasionally, and treat acne. I have highly reactive skin, and have not had any problems.
I have tried other toners, all of which were more expensive, but this one is the keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Hippiejazzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product to use as toner/cleanser. I keeps my acne at bay and doesn't dry out my skin. I use this once daily with quilted cotton pads.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Lucciole

hmmm..I don't know how to comment it.
When I start to use it, it is really good. cheap, clean, effective. Thought there is 14% alcohol, but it is not so harsh for my skin.
I think it is the best choice of toner in summer.
When winter comes, my skin becomes much more sensitive than before. I still use it. BUT negative effects come. My skin starts peeling, esp my cheeks. When applying this toner, my cheeks burn.
I know it is not its fault because there is really 14% alcohol. I think I ought to avoid product which contain alcohol in winter.
So in summer I will re-buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only toner I use. I use it after I wash my face and it removes any leftover residue. I use it during the day when my face gets oily. It really gets my face clean preventing breakouts. when I first started using it I couldn't stand the smell but now I've gotten used to it. I use a cotton ball or a cotton round. one bottle lasts me about 3-4 months and I use it twice a day

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by aprilcatrine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have combination/oily/acne prone skin, I think this toner would be great for you! It definitely helped my skin, it reduced redness and I think it also may have helped with my acne, it's not expensive either, so if it doesn't work for your skin it's not like you spent a ton of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by oracle1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG face product.