September 21, 2014 | 996 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is the most amazing mask out there for Protein. Hands down*

Color your hair a lot? Bleach?
Give it a shot!!! You'll loves it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Had chemically processed my hair in recent history before going back to my natural hair color and deciding to stay that way.
This is great for maintaining the integrity of my hair in between my Nexxus Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor treatments. K-pak leaves my hair feeling softer than Aloxxi, but Aloxxi is definitely superior to K-Pak in terms of reconstructing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is better than I even expected! I only use it about once a week, and I rinse my hair with apple cider vinegar beforehand to get rid of any build up. My dull, horrendous ends were never ever shiny, and they now ARE! My hair feels lighter, healthier, and looks soo much nicer! I'm very happy with this product line, I also use the k-pak daily conditioner, daily leave-in, and have used the k-pak shampoo and intense hydrator. All fine products! I highly recommend this stuff for dry, damaged hair.
For reference, I have long, wavy, fine blonde hair. I dyed it to a dark blonde about 3 months ago, but the color has almost fully washed out back to my original blonde. However this totally made my hair dull and dry in the process even though it was professionally done! I'm never dying my hair again! Anyway, Joico has really saved my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sdpink1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good conditioner but I've tried much better. I got this for free when I purchased the liters of the kpak shampoo and regular conditioner which I love and I had high hopes.I'm so glad I didn't pay the 20$ price for this.I didn't see anything special.it worked just the same as the regular conditioner the only difference is it's thicker.it takes a lot for my hair which is around the middle of my back in length. I usually mix it with the regular conditioner about twice a week for an extra boost but overall I'm not impressed. I prefer my 4$ Aussie 3 minute miracle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ally18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It smells gorgeous and does an amazing job of softening and adding shine to my hair, I always get compliments when I use this. Only downside is the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by finideasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While this product smells delicious!! It doesn't perform half as well as I had hoped it would:( I need a protein treatment as my hair is quite brittle from all the stresses of using flat irons and dying etc. My hair doesn't feel any stronger after using this or look any better. I had previously used Redken Cat and Redken deep fuel which both worked INCREDIBLY! I will probably finish the tube of this as it can't do my hair any harm but i will defo be switching back to redken after!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love how this smells like bananas to me. I was recommended this after a bad salon trip, but wasn't told on how to properly use it. After researching it, I realised it wasn't mean as a conditioner. However, whether I use it once a month, or once a week, I don't notice some dramatic difference. I enjoy the smell, the ingredients, and the texture, but for the price, I wish it worked better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by o0oTheBeesKneeso0o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The thing that stands out to me about this product is just how little information you get on how to use it! "Apply to damp hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse." Following these directions my wet hair was left in huge tangles which I had to fix with a wide tooth comb - and I hate combing my hair when it's wet and fragile to begin with! So after reading up a bit more about it I found out that the best way to use it. 1) Shampoo hair with a cleansing shampoo (Neutrogena Anti-Residue is awesome). 2) Apply Reconstructor all over your hair and leave it in for 5-10 min tops because too much protein can actually dry it out and there is only so much protein that your hair can absorb at a time anyway. 3) Rinse out & use a conditioner to moisturize and detangle your hair. There you have it! I also found out that it's best not to use it more than about once a week (or less) or on hair that is not damaged because it will be counter-productive and dry or damage your hair. In general this is good stuff, it does what it says it will do if you know how to use it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by suzannedeweese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this about once every two weeks for three months now. I have medium-long, fine, thick, stick-straight, strawberry blonde hair, never been dyed or anything. I wash, braid, and then brush it with a natural bristle brush before I wash it again - occasionally lightly oil it with jojoba oil. And I work with kids and do messy sculpture work, so my hair is tied back unless I'm being fancy, and to be honest I only cut it every five or six months...

So, here's my experience with this product: I wash my hair only every 3/4 days, and use a cheap shampoo or 2-1 shampoo/conditioner and then some kind of "masque" or "deep conditioner" or whatever - which maybe I shouldn't do, been reading the reviews here about silicone and that this is a protein thing and how that can work together... anyway, it's been working awesomely for me: my fine hair is strong, really shiny, not weighed down, and it keeps the ends in great condition - I'm about to get a haircut for the first time since late summer, but I haven't found any split ends (!) and I give credit to this stuff for that. I do find it detangles, and I've certainly never used a moisturizer/conditioner after rinsing this out. I leave it in for maybe five minutes - occasionally longer.
I think the smell is fine, nothing special and not overwhelming.
I got my bottle on supersale, and while I really like this stuff, I don't think I'd buy it at regular price - I'd use something else and wait til the next time I saw it on the clearance shelf. (Which is where I got my first Joico product, the Sun Therapy reconstructor, which I loved EVEN MORE. And it was $1! Will DEFINITELY be checking the clearout shelf for that one :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I happened to buy a bad product or whether they are all like the one I had, but whatever the reason is I really did not like that. After bleaching my hair from black to blonde I decided to buy something that would help out my abused hair. This product felt horrible in my hair and the smell wasn't too pleasant either. The weird thing was after about a week and a half of purchasing this bottle, when I opened it one day everything leaked out because the product became very watery. I thought this was really strange and not to mention a waste of $25. I definitely wouldn't be repurchasing this again as it didn't do anything to help the condition of my hair, in fact it made it feel greasy. I prefer the Dumb Blonde products more.