April 23, 2014 | 1918 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by thisisnothollywood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did nothing for my acne, blackheads or pores... it smelt nice but after I washed it off it really dried my skin out. Its okay maybe once every few weeks just for a nice mask, but thats about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by iDragan

I love this product.
I got mine at Sallys Beauty Supply a little while ago, and started using it every other day because my face can get fairly oily when its mucky and hot out. After a week I saw great improvements in my skin and I wasn't breaking out as much!
I make sure to give my face a good scrub before applying the mask, to make sure theres no excess oils. Then I apply the mask and let it sit for about fifteen minutes. Its got a very pleasant minty smell to it, and it tingles as I apply it. The tingling doesnt last very long though.
I take it off by rinsing my face with warm water, and once its all off, I rinse with cold water and leave it at that.

The packaging mine came in was the tub, its not bad, but I'd much prefer a squeeze tube just for hygienic reasons. The tub only costed me just over $5 or so. A very good product for a very good price! Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at SBS (Sally Beauty Supply) for about $4-5USD.

I saw some youtube gurus mentioning this product on their month favs so I bought this and give this a try. They always showed this product in a squeeze-y tube but I found it in a jar presentation, it contains 3oz.

This smells between mint and sweet mint bubble gum, I really enjoy the scent, it smells clean and fresh.

HOW I USE THIS:
Once I take off my makeup REALLY GOOD with warm water (to open the pores of my skin) I apply a thin coat of this mask all over my face except the eye and lip area. It is a refreshing feeling and as this begin to dry I feel how this makes my face feel tight, No matter how hard I want to laugh, it feels weird, hahaha.

After 10-15 minutes I remove this with again, warm water and just rubbing my face. The mint ingredient calm my skin so much and have been removing some redness on the sides of my nose and between my brows (:

After removing it I moisturize my face and go to sleep. My skin feels SO clean (not squeaky clean but yeah, very clean. This have been helping me reducing the size of my pores and clean them. My skin texture and appearence had improve so much since I started using it.

The down side is that the packaging isn't hygenic, at least not the one I found and my local SBS doesn't sell the squeeze tube so... its kind of sad.

The price is really good and this product will last me a long time because of the fact that it comes a good amount of product, I only have to use a tiny bit to cover my entire face AND I use it one day a week or every two weeks, depending how I feel my skin.

I would repurchase it (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

If you have a slick of an oil spill to mop up on your face- this is the product to use. Otherwise it is quite drying. Brings up some impurities so quick it makes you wonder if it's actually causing them. To drying for my tastes but does the job if you need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by alidog

Can't beat the price for this refreshing masque! It's nice to use every once and a while, and leave skin feeling clean and fresh. Definitely a staple in my medicine cabinet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

This is a retro review, if there is such a thing! Let me just say that this product has been around FOREVER, I am 48 and remember using this starting in my teens! This product was the only thing available, 30+ years ago, that helped control my oily skin and prevented break-outs. This was around long before Proactive and such and was easily found at Walgreens and Sally's Beauty Supply.

I used to have to use 2-3 times per week and would run through tubs of this product. It is a clay mask with mint, that is very refreshing on the skin. The mint helps calm redness from breakouts while the clay absorbs the excess oil and unplugs clogged pores and blackheads. I continued to use this into my 30's as I suffered from hormonal cystic acne associated with my cycle, this mask helped calm the cystic acne that always struck along my jawline. It would help dry the cysts out while also soothing the pain and redness.

I am most appreciative that I do not need to use this product anymore but I did want to review and state that this was a life saver for me when there was little else available to do the job. If I still needed the product, I would be purchasing to this day. I will add that when other products started coming out, like Proactive, I was on the bandwagon to try anything that I thought would help. Proactive is a great line but it was a little too harsh and drying to my skin. It seems that I always went back to what I knew worked and this product was my go-to for oil control and to aid in calming my skin issues. I hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about trying!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by rchind2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK...This is my first review on MakeupAlley. I have very OILY skin and enlarged pores. With many positive reviews from here make me to go to the store and get it. OMG...with very first application, my pores seem to be SHRINK and my skin tone is very much brighter! which none of the products work like this for me.

I then follow with Lamer concentrate and cream and my skin seems to DRINK it effectively.

Highly recommend for those who have Super Oily, Enlarged pores skin type.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask left my face feeling warm and not cool or refreshing. The mask did not break me out or improve my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by NeuroticCrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Long time no review! Shame! Alrighty, so today I want to rave about the Mint Julep Masque by Queen Helene. If there is one product I would swear by, it would be this one! Having a bad acne invasion? Have enlarged pores? Worry not, my friends, this product is your super hero! *swoon*

Okay, so first we'll discuss the packaging, in case anyone out there likes the reviews enough to go and hunt down this masque. So, the packaging is a plain and simple white tube with a green cap - just think of it as a huge tube of toothpaste. No box or anything, just that plain, simple tube.

The pricing for this product is great as well, it's $5 USD or under (depending where you get it from, some places will be more expensive or cheaper than others). Most of the time, you'll be able to find it in the 33% more bonus pack. You'll be able to find this product in more drugstores or Ulta, so it's pretty easy to find.

The masque contains the following ingredients: water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur Chromium Oxide Greens (CI #77288), Fragrance, Phenoyethanol, Methylparaben - That's for those of you who are wary of ingredients for whatever reason such as skin sensitivity, allergies, etc. These are as listed right on the packaging. Another point I'm happy to mention, and I'm sure a lot of you will appreciate the fact that this product has not been tested on animal, nor contains any animal ingredients. Whew!

Alright, so, if you read through the ingredients, the actual contents themselves will be a green color. It has a slightly minty scent to it, thankfully nothing overpowering. It's a very thick, almost dry kind of paste, but still good enough to evenly distribute around the face. One of the first things you will feel when you put it on is almost a burning sensation - those of you who don't like the feeling of menthol, I won't lie, this probably won't be the product for you. The only downside, boo! :(

To use this product, you just smear it all over your face and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how much you put on. Once the mask turns a whiter color, just rinse it thoroughly, and you're done!

As for my personal opinion, I love this product! I use it once a week, to help with my pores - twice a week if I'm having a bad acne breakout. It doesn't completely make pimples disappear, but it does help to dry and reduce their size. I would recommend this product. For a product of that price and works well, why not?! The product will also last you a very long time, even with frequent use. If you have acne, this product will be very helpful in shrinking those pimples, pores and detoxify your face. Here's one product I will keep on buying over and over I just love it that much. :)

So that's my review on the masque, hope you'll find it helpful! Good luck!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by 2010

What's with all of the annoying iherb reviews? Anyway, I really like this mask. It calms my skin down, helps with the oiliness and decreases the size of my pores. Is it a miracle worker? No, but I really like it. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin either. I use it either at night before bed or during my morning shower.