August 2, 2014 | 1641 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Racheljean1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Cool refreshing minty goodness! I first used this mask when I was about 17 at the recommendation of ( hold your breath because this is a shocker ) my MALE friend who also suffers from bad breakouts. At first the idea of a macho man such as my friend lounging on a sofa with a cup of coffee and wearing this mask gave me a good laugh but I started to see the difference in his skin so I jumped on the bandwagon and have used it ever since. I mask my face twice a week and this gives me a wonderful deep cleansing facial at a great price. After using this product since age 17 I really have come to appreciate its ability to clear my blemishes and force me to sit and have time to relax and enjoy the few minutes of pampering I can give myself. Great product and I will love my kermit cream forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by summerseabreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everytime I've seen this I kind of skipped past it in the aisle. It hasn't really appealed to me...until I read up on it right here. That's when I thought 'let's give it a try'. The good: It clears any excess oil from my face and dries fairly quickly. The bad: It takes waaay too long to wash off, even with a wash cloth and hot water. I can overlook that because I know its doing a lot of good for my skin and isn't overly 'chemical-y', but I'm not entirely convinced I will be buying another once this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Grayson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product was very easy to put on, and it took only 15 min. for it to dry. I liked the minty smell, and the way it kind of tingled on my face for the first few minutes it was on. I thought the packaging was really nice, really easy just to squirt out. My face feels so soft and even a little tightened after I took it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me by a friend who swore by it. I have extremely acne prone skin so I'm usually really careful with what I put on my face. I read amazing reviews about this mask and decided to go for it. It only costs a few bucks from Walgreens so that was a plus.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the smell. It definitely smells like mint, which I loved. It felt nice on my face..and my face was SO SO soft when I washed it off.

However, I had 2-3 cystic pimples that had formed while it was on my face :(. I was so sad. I haven't used it since because I don't want to risk getting those pimples again because they take a LONG time to go away and I just don't think it's worth the risk.

That being said, give it a try. Maybe my skin is just extra prone to zits and it'll work amazingly for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by hearthayley

I bought this product years ago and have yet to review it! This product is great fro clearing up my break outs. I have combination skin, so I always have to moisturizer after using this mask (as with any other mask I use). This mask doesn't do too much for my blackheads, but since my acne is a bigger and more noticeable problem, I mainly focus on clearing that up, which this mask does. If you are looking for a mask, give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I saw this product being reviewed on MUA and realized that I had purchased this mask many years ago at Sally's. I kept wanting to go out and repurchase but it always seemed to slip my mind. Two weeks ago I found my old tube and had to try it out. After god knows how long under my sink the product was still good and I was able to apply it to my face. It took about 30 minutes for it to dry completely and about 15 minutes in it began to crack. I noticed the areas like my nose, forehead, and chin had little spots of darkness as if the oil was being sucked out of my pores. I didn't give it a 5/5 because I had redness on my face that subsided after a few hours but I didn't feel like my skin was irritated at all. I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Backmasking

Since I have very dry sensitive skin, I use this only on my t-zone to help with black heads.

Even just using it in that specific area, it is still very drying. I can only imagine what it would do if I applied it all over my face.

I recommend Freeman's masks, they much better quality, cleanse extremely well, are extremely cheap, and also moisturize.

P.S. Any skin product that 'tingles' when you put it on your face is NOT FROM CLEANSING. It is drying out your skin. NEVER EVER use ANYTHING that gives you that tingly sensation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Originally I had purchased this product in a tub from Sally's Beauty about 3 years ago and I loved it. It made my skin feel refreshed and it wouldn't dry it out - I have oily skin and back then I did not have problems with acne. I would use it as a mask once a week just to clear out more pores and for that clean feeling I would also use it as overnight spot treatment as it would aid with blemish healing. I threw out the product after a few months because the tub was a little messy and my product hardened so I never repurchased it only because I couldn't find the squeeze bottle version.

Last week I went to my local grocery store's beauty section and found the squeeze bottle and immediately added it to my basket; I came home and used it and I found it burned a bit and it felt a little too dry - I'm on acne medication (Differin Gel .3, Acanya & oral Minocyclen) for acne I developed only in the last 6 months on my left cheek jawline area. I thought it could help with that but my skin is too sensitive for it and can't handle it right now but I still love this product for the results I had previously seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I like this mask a lot. I have many different masks/treatments that are designated for certain skin days, but this one is something I can almost always use/count on. I find it works the best when I am a bit more oily and need to get gunk off my face - this mask never fails me when it comes to de-slicking my skin. However, if my skin is dry I don't like to use this. Any mask with clay is going to suck all the oils out - and if you are dry at some point, you need those oils to keep your skin balanced!! Overall, this is a good mask to have in your collection. It's cheap, takes care of oil build up, reduces pimples, and comes in a squeeze tube instead of a tub. (much more sanitary!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love thissss :)♡♡ smells like spearament gum on the face! clears up my face during breakouts :)