BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this to brighten my dark lids. Works but leaves my lids slightly lemon shade. Once I put on eyeshadow (light taupe usually), it blends and is no longer yellow. Cannot be worn alone unless you like yellowish lid. I usually put UDPP under everything to control my oily lids so don't know if this would crease on me.I put a light coat on undereye before my LM concealer and it stays put all day. On my lids though, it gunks up if I rub it in so I just tap all over my lid. Small packaging but I have a difficult time opening the lid (short nails). Won't buy again tho as not amazing for the price and this will last me at least a year. I should return it...
UPDATE: have been trying it everyday and it really banishes my dark circles. Under flourescent lighting, my face looks even toned - sometimes I don't need foundation. I am NC25-30.
UPDATE AGAIN: Too yellow to counteract undereye circles and shows every dry line/spot. As primer to prevent creases or even out skin color, it fails (UDPP is best primer and MAC Painterly always works for me). To use the product, I have to rub it in (wrinkles) or pat on forever (who has that kind of time). Too expensive even if applied on the skintone it was intended for. If it works for you, hurrah! as it is packaged conveniently (no spills). Changed it from Overall rating 4 to 1.

on 2/17/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A miracle in a product!
I bought this as it was on offer. It claims to correct redness etc, which I do NOT have. I also don't use primers as I have such dry skin, I just flake and look blotchy.

This isn't marketed correctly as what it is is a miracle for under eye circles and general face brightening!

I used it over my moisturiser and under all make up. At first you may not notice the difference but please believe me, this amazing little item changes your entire make-up effect.

I bought it for my sister, who I had been going on and on to about Lemonaid. At first she was a bit disappointment, until she went out and got asked all night why she looked so fresh faced. Now she won't leave the house without it.

It's a thick (not too thick) yellow half eye cream/half concealer (in my opinion). I put it under and over my eyes. It's extremely moisturising. It's just not a primer, I don't know why they market it as this.

It's creamy and feels really nice when it goes on. I can put my concealer on immediately, I don't need it to dry or set etc.

One thing, it may swallow my concealer a little bit and I do need more, but it's worth it as Lemonaid decreases my dark circles A LOT and brightens my face!

I used this every day and won't do without it. Not cheap but completely worth it as it's used every day.

Benefit specialise is circle and eye puffiness correcting. Thank you Benefit, for girls like me you are a Goddess send!

Barbie x

on 2/16/2011 5:09:00 PM

Love this stuff! It's simple but works :) Great for everyday use. I use Mac paint pots when I need some colored base.
Covers up the darkness/discoloration on my lids. Eye Shadow last hours on top of this on my very dry lids. Almost at the end of my first pot, bought a new one already.

on 2/13/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It didnt work for me, started out nice finish on the lids, ended up oily and creasing.

on 2/13/2011 1:44:00 PM

This product creases like crazy! It creased on my lids and under my eyes! I suppose it does sort of cover the blueish purple color under my eyes...but it`s not great. It doesn`t fare any better than average drugstore concealer, in fact, I could have purchased two of those (which may have been better quality) for the price of this. Application isn`t great either, the product is kind of thick and difficult to work with. You have to rub it, and that isn`t great for thin skin , like the kind around your eyes. I don`t think I would repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have vainy eye lids, and this helps covering them up just fine. However, it creases so badly. I have to use eyeshadow primer underneath it, and that way it's not a very clever product, since I could just as well put on a cream eye shadow in stead of this yellowy stuff that looks God awful if you put on more than just enough for it to show up.
They should have it not crease, because it's just another cream eye shadow (in a very unflattering color for an eye shadow, might I add) when you have to use primer under it. I won't buy it, but I probably would if it didn't crease.

Well, I'm kind of an odd duck here because I'm a guy. I have genetically dark eyes and have tried various concealers over the years. They all were either too obvious or just didn't work.
LemonAid works and is very subtle. The trick, as mentioned before, is to just tap your finger on the product then tap around your eyes.
I can't speak to its value as a primer, but as a concealer for dark circles it's very effective- just don't use much. For that reason, I don't object to the price because it will probably last me a year or more.

on 1/31/2011 5:53:00 PM

I loved this product... it really worked at brightening my eye area.. the consistency was smooth and colour suited my fair skin! I bought it from www.modcosmetics.co.uk for only half the high street price!

on 1/17/2011 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Proof that Benefit can advertise the most useless sounding product and still have people buying it... It worked alright as a primer, but there are so many better products out there for the price. It's also advertised as being an "alternative" to eyeshadow for when you want a natural look and honestly I don't get it, if you have the time to put this on, surely you have time to swipe eyeshadow on?! At least eyeshadow wouldn't make your eyelids grease and crease in no time... I suggest people with olive or golden tones in their skin avoids this as it will just bring out the yellow.

on 1/17/2011 5:53:00 AM

I would give the 2.5 if I could. Its the first eye primer I have tried and as much as it pains me to say it I'm a little disappointed. The main reason I wanted to try it was because it would help neutralise my eyelid which I think it does very well and for that reason I really like it. However, I don't think it makes my eyeshadow stay on any longer and I think it makes creasing a little worse. For these reasons I mainly use it on its own with some eyeliner and lots of mascara when I'm in a rush and I quite like that look but don't think i'd buy it again. Will try a different one the next time and hopefully get better results!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products