December 18, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't think I'm brave enough to put something that has the first ingredient listed as mineral oil but this stuff works WONDERS on a fresh tattoo!

I put this on morning and night after gently cleansing the freshly inked area in a thin layer. Unlike vaseline, which only sit on the surface, Aquaphor sinks into the skin which prevents scabbing and scarring.

It also makes it heal SO much faster!

Wonderful post-tattoo product and also great for dry heels!(thank you ballet shoes >_<)
I wouldnt put this anywhere near my tempermental skin, if a product has any kind of non-natural oil in it, it flips out. But for now, a great healing agent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MellowJello20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness! Let me first say that I cannot remember a time in my life that my lips have been smooth. I have always had some sort of chapping going on, and I don't even live in a dry or cold area...

I have been a Burt's Bees user for about 5 years now. I thought it was helping my severely chapped lips, but it really wasn't... apparently.

I picked up a large tube of aquaphor in my local Target because my best friend suggested I try it. She said her cousin-in-law, a doctor, recommended it to her as a multi-use product. She said to use it on your skin, cuticles, under eyes, lips, etc. So I thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a try".

I. AM. IN. LOVE.

After just a couple of days, my once dry lips were as smooth as butter. No cracks, no flakes... just smooth, beautiful pink skin.

I use it primarily on my lips and cuticles. It has worked wonders. I'm a veterinary technician, so I am constantly washing my hands with harsh anti-bacterial soaps. Aquaphor has made my hands soft and dry.

Do yourself a favor and get a tube. They make a tub version, a large tube version, and some lippy tube versions, but I'm pretty sure they are all the same product. I thought I'd get more use out of the large tube version, so that's what I have.

I will never go without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by WhimisicalFairyxx

I had an allergic reaction to EOS Lip Balm (Too bad! I loved that stuff) my lips turned BLACK and constantly felt chapped, like I had a dry film on milk on them. Went to the doctor and she recommended aquaphor.

BEST PRODUCT EVER.

No longer do I have chapped lips, perfect for winter and one tube lasts me quite a while. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by starlamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks like plain vaseline but it isnt. I have personally seen it cure awful diaper rashes in 24 hours, and heal cracked lips overnight. I buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this (though I'm sure I've used some in the past) actually for my face, which I was super skeptical about. But many creams give me a reaction and I was starting to feel dry from tea tree oil and cold weather, so I picked it up. I got the small jar because it's more for your money but not as massive and expensive as the huge one (and I didn't know if I'd end up liking it and needing that much). So I put it on my dry areas and woah. I can not believe this doesn't clog me. I also put it on my lips and hands and it really works. And it moisturizes and goes in way better than comparable products like the Neutrogena Norwegian formula. I also religiously use Vaseline cocoa butter formula as a lip balm and this is even better :O I stick to the vaseline on my eyes at night though and this on my lips at night. I also use Blitex DCT during the day/in my purse but I sometimes fill a small container with vaseline/aquaphor, which if I do again it would be this over the vaseline.

I still use this, going strong, but not really on my face. Just lips :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Sasha77885

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Use aquaphor for dry chapped lips, works great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too have seen the light! Just had an old tattoo touched up and a new one applied. My artist recommended aquaphor to use during the healing process. Wonderful stuff, both tats have healed up in only about a week's time. The ointment is nice and soothing on tender, abused, needle pricked skin. :)

Since I bought the big tub I thought I'd put it to other uses. So I've tried it as an undereye balm and lip balm at night, hands and cuticles, and also on gross dry heels. It feels a little greasy at first but sinks in and leaves skin ultra moisturized. And I swear it leaves my lips feeling better than Jack Black or other balms I've tried! Just don't try to use it under makeup. One day I thought I'd try it under my eyes in place of my other creams, big mistake! My concealer was sliding around everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

Aquaphor is amazing for dry lips and healing any cuts or tattoos. I've used it on my face because I have very bad dry skin but it felt to heavy and greasy although before bed its fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tubes of this stuff everywhere. It's one of my favorite products and I love it's versatility. I wear it at night a lot so I can really slather it on and not worry about it getting anywhere. I'm a germ-phobe and so I wash my hands all the time and thus get the worst dry skin, especially around my knuckles. But a little of this every night and it really makes a difference. Softens and soothes my skin and keeps them feeling so much better. I also use it on my lips, my feet, to cover up small cuts and scrapes. It seems to work well for everything. I would never picture putting something like this on my face since I have sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate thick creams well, but I've never had any issues with it. It gets blistering cold at night where I live and I like to jog late, but the wind just becomes painful on my cheeks and nose so I put a light layer of this across my cheekbones and my nose and lips before I go out and I never get wind-chapped.

I don't like the jar style packaging so I'm glad there's a squeeze tube version. This is an amazing product and I wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by dreamsalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! This is my new HG skin remedy for dry skin! I've been getting really dry patches on my hands recently. I wash my hands a ton everyday because I work in healthcare which really dries them out. I slather this on at night and after a few days the bumps and dry patches started to disappear. NOTHING else worked. Every hand cream I owned just felt like it was sitting on my skin. My hands feel soft and smooth again. AMAZING PRODUCT. I definitely recommend.