MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 7/19/2009 11:33:00 AM

For me, this is an okay product. It tends to ball up in one area and sometimes, it goes on too dark, looking totally unnatural. I always have to use brow powder or shadow on top to make it look more natural.

on 7/4/2009 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I took a risk and bought this product a few days ago and I am GLAD I did! I stood away from this product for the longest time because I always thought it'd create harash lines on my brows (I tend to be heavy handed no matter what).

Anyways, back to the product.. Spiked to me is a nice color that meshes well with my recently dyed jet black hair. It's not TOO warm brown, but rather a nice mix of brown and black.The make-up artist told me to go upwards and use little short strokes. I use this product the most to accentuate the arch of my brows and fill in any sparse areas. Once I finish filling my brows with this, I use a spool (spelling?) to blend everything together. I either finish with MAC's Brow Gel in Show Off or a clear mascara.

on 6/26/2009 6:06:00 AM

Bought this when my eyebrows got screwed up by eyebrow waxing, and left a hole in my brow so it looked like it broke off ): This saved me from embarrassment until it grew back out, and though i havent really used this since then, i must say that this product is pretty good, looks natural and lasts all day, great to have if you have sparse eyebrows or need to fill in a gap, or shading in to make it look more defined! (: The downside is that you have to be careful not to twist it out too much because you cant twist it back, and the lead might break off if you're too hard with it.

on 6/6/2009 12:35:00 AM

So I finally caved and ordered my first ever batch of MAC products. For some reason I've always had this thing against them. Well all I can say is that I wish I would have ordered this product a long time ago. This might be the best makeup investment I've ever made. After struggling with brow powders, stencils, pencils I've finally found the HG brow product.

First of all, the color is perfect for us dark haired girls. Every other "brunette" brow product I've used has ended up being too noticeable. Either they were too red/chestnut or too brown. This is an ash brown so even people with very dark brows can get away with using it. My brows are very dark brown, almost black.

Application is easy. You just apply very light strokes to fill in sparse areas. You can also use it to finish the tail on your brow. The end result is a very precise, natural looking brow.

The pencil itself is very very thin. It seems like you have to be careful not to break the tip off of the pencil because it doesn't look like you can move the product back down if you churn too much out. Soo...one lippie off for that. The price is also a little outrageous considering the product is small and let's face it...it's an eyebrow pencil but I think it is worth every penny and I will be re purchasing when I run out.

on 6/5/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fav item to use to fill in brows by far. My eyebrows are sparse so I like to fill them in to give them shape. I have dark brown hair, but still have to use a light hand to make it look natural. Too much and it could look Joan Crawford. If you use light feathery strokes and go over with an eyebrow brush to blend looks very natural and color is perfect. Much better than powder for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best textured eyebrow pencil I have ever used, goes on like a dream and looks natural giving the perfect brow, need me some more of this stuff

LOVE ITT!!

on 4/24/2009 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this but I don't love it. Maybe that's because it's very expensive here, especially for the amount in the tube. It's ridiculous. The effect is nice though. Looks really natural on my brows, not obvious at all which I really dislike in brow products. I still prefer Sephora brow palette to this one but still I would buy this again..probably on ebay for cheap though.

on 3/25/2009 10:26:00 PM

Love this eyebrow pencil. I'm asian and this color look pretty natural on me. This is a self sharpening pen and I adore the fact that I don't have to fuss with the sharpening process, but I hate the fact that I can not see when I'm running out. I would give this 5 lippies if the staying power was a bit better. I have a fringe right now and at the end of the day the color of my eyebrows are slightly rubbed of. Other than that, this is product is wonderful.

on 3/2/2009 10:17:00 PM

I usually use MAC e/s in Concrete at home but if I'm on the go, I use Spiked.
I love this crayon!! If I think it's too dark if I draw it on, I just lightly pat it and it looks just like Concrete :) This is awesome. I would buy it again for sure!

on 2/28/2009 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

a must have for groomed good brows. tis will give you really nice defined strong arches and can be brushed through brows for a natural look. this is my must have. the mechanical pencil design is only annoying because the tip once propelled up cant go back down. you must use a soft hand so the tip doesn't break off too much excess. this pencil doesn't need a sharpener though.

Popular Brows Products