April 19, 2014 | 1067 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
texture: 4
feeling on skin: 4
moisturizing*: 5
sinking into the skin: 4
smell: 3
packaging**: 5
TOTAL POINTS: 25 of 30 = very good

* according to the skintype it's supposed to suit
** Can you get out the very last drop?

This is a rich and moisturing body butter. It's suitable for normal to dry skin. I like to use it in the winter. The smell is nice, but there are much better ones from the body shop in my opinion. This is why I only gave 4 lippies and would not buy again. But in general, it is a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BothCoasts

Alright, alright, I bought it because that adorable girl in Lucky said it was the best coconut scent. And she's kind of right--coconut tends to smell either too sugary or too artificial in beauty products, but this one has a freshness to it. I also liked that while I could smell the product when I put it on, it wasn't cloying and I didn't feel like I was walking around in a cloud of it all day. The lotion itself is quite thick and may take a while to sink in. I addressed that problem by applying it straight out of the shower--using it on moist skin seemed to help speed it up. I took away one lippie because I don't like the packaging. Dipping my fingers over and over into a tub of something that frankly, looks like Crisco, is not the most glamorous experience and after that virgin scoop, the tub always looks kind of, well, nasty. Go to The Body Shop, open up one of the testers and ask yourself if what you see really makes you feel fresh. You'll see what I mean. PS--a good compromise for me was to buy the travel sized version--yes, it's just lotion, but it did look a little cuter in a smaller tub.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as an early X-Mas gift. The jury is still out on the Coconut body butter. I like the consistency of the butter, but I am not sold on the scent. It's not as long lasting as the other body butters, and it sorta smells like suntan lotion. I may change my opinion, however, right now it's three lippies only...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by whatever11

this product smelt amazing, however it didnt feel comfortable on the skin. it took a long time for the skin to absorb it so your hands feel oily for quite a while. it did a good job of moistuizing the skin especially during the winter. i would recommend applying this product at night so that you wont have to try going about your daily routine with oily hands. overall, an ok product but not for daytime wear.it lasts quite along time too because a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by teedums

I have never used any of the Body Shops products, my sister had this and didn't like it or want it so she gave it to me. My skin is already super dry as winter is here so I tried this stuff last night. Holy softness! I was very impressed! Now I know what I will be using to combat winter dryness, I think this will likely be too heavy for summer use, I think one has to be careful with how much they apply. I found that it absorbed well and pretty quickly. Plus the smell was nice and subtle, not too strong. Very nice! I think I would definitely buy this once I run out, must have for those who live in winter tempuratures and deal with dry skin. I use a lot of lotion this time of year, and many just aren't moisturizing enough, but not this. Highly recommended...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although this is too greasy for my super dry hands, I love it for my even drier feet! I'm in socks pretty much 24/7 so my feet get super dry. I slather this body butter on overnight under a pair of socks and by morning my feet look 10 times better. Not a fake coconut scent either like so many Bath and Body Works scents, it's a faint natural scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by joy18

This smells amazing, is easy to apply, and keeps my skin moisturized for a good 24 hours without feeling greasy. I find it a bit heavy for summer but I love it during the dry winter months. And did I mention that it smells amazing?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I adore the smell of this. It smells so yummy but it does not absorb quickly as I would like. I'm currently using Jergens Ultra Healing lotion and this lotion absorbs very quickly. If it wasn't for the fact that the body butter takes awhile to absorb, I would be hooked. I love the smell but it takes too long to absorb into my skin. I'm too impatient so I would not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by stacy2455

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will never be without this, ever!! Coconut is my all time fav for anything I put on my body and this is my fav body butter. I have never used anything that has kept my sensitive, dry skin so hydrated. It amazes me every single time I use it. I can put this on in the morning and go to bed at night, wake up the next day and my skin is still moisturized and happy. :) It has never irritated my skin ever. And the coconut smell is never overwhelming or cheap smelling, it's subtle but lasts all day. It's a little pricey for just a tub of body butter but so totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by catfisk

I love this body butter, perfect for summer when parfume can feel quite heavy ^-^
Its a little pricey, but its worth it, Feels nice on my skin but over-applying can make it a little greasy. Leaves my skin moisturized and smooth. I'll totally buy it again!