August 30, 2014 | 982 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells gorrrgeoous and does a good job of mositurising! It is difficult to get the product out onto your fingers because you have to rub it a bit as it's not like a runny lotion but it is a really good product, bit expensive though so I bought the smaller pot for 4!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this since I've been in middle school (I'm 24 years old now) It's great for anyone with dry skin like me. I usually put this on after a shower or on my elbows if they feel dry. I think that it absorbs quite well. It has a really nice coconut scent that I've never tired of. It's really a classic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this product about six years ago, and I've never looked back !

The coconut scent it leaves on your skin is absolutely gorgeous, and though it can be a little greasy, it's fine for my dry skin.
It comes in robust packaging and lasts for ages - as the title suggests, the consistency is like that of butter - and so its easy to ration once you get towards the end. However, this wont be for quite some time.

Really lovely product, recommend to anyone !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the sweet coconut smell of this product! It's a pretty strong smell that lasts long, so everyone comments on the coconut smell after I've used this. It's a good moisturizer for dry skin, not the best as it can be a bit greasy, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like TBS body butters as a general rule but find a lot of the scents to be a bit overpowering. Not so with this one. The scent is a sweet, gentle coconut, with hints of caramel that layers easily with other scents since it is not overpowering. Unlike bodylotions, it comes packaged in a tub which I really like since I get every single drop out of it. Going on, it is a bit thick and greasy if you apply to dry skin. I solve it by misting my skin before application which means I can use less product, it sinks in faster and my skin feels more hydrated. I do wish it did not contain silicones, because if it did not, it would have been close to my perfect body moisturiser since it is easy to decide how heavy you want it to be. I also love this for my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kara86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell of this but find it too greasy for me. I also am not a fan of the jar - it is very awkward getting the lid on and off with greasy hands. I love coconut but I think there are better products out there for me. I like the coconut products in the victorias secret line better (sold at La Senza in Canada).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The scent of this product is so off putting and I love coconut scented products. It was fairly moisturizing however a little too sticky for my hands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
texture: 4
feeling on skin: 4
moisturizing*: 5
sinking into the skin: 4
smell: 3
packaging**: 5
TOTAL POINTS: 25 of 30 = very good

* according to the skintype it's supposed to suit
** Can you get out the very last drop?

This is a rich and moisturing body butter. It's suitable for normal to dry skin. I like to use it in the winter. The smell is nice, but there are much better ones from the body shop in my opinion. This is why I only gave 4 lippies and would not buy again. But in general, it is a good product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BothCoasts

Alright, alright, I bought it because that adorable girl in Lucky said it was the best coconut scent. And she's kind of right--coconut tends to smell either too sugary or too artificial in beauty products, but this one has a freshness to it. I also liked that while I could smell the product when I put it on, it wasn't cloying and I didn't feel like I was walking around in a cloud of it all day. The lotion itself is quite thick and may take a while to sink in. I addressed that problem by applying it straight out of the shower--using it on moist skin seemed to help speed it up. I took away one lippie because I don't like the packaging. Dipping my fingers over and over into a tub of something that frankly, looks like Crisco, is not the most glamorous experience and after that virgin scoop, the tub always looks kind of, well, nasty. Go to The Body Shop, open up one of the testers and ask yourself if what you see really makes you feel fresh. You'll see what I mean. PS--a good compromise for me was to buy the travel sized version--yes, it's just lotion, but it did look a little cuter in a smaller tub.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as an early X-Mas gift. The jury is still out on the Coconut body butter. I like the consistency of the butter, but I am not sold on the scent. It's not as long lasting as the other body butters, and it sorta smells like suntan lotion. I may change my opinion, however, right now it's three lippies only...